Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Zip Thumbnails (Updated:version 4.6.2, 18.4.2011)

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic
Meganubis
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Last active: Feb 10 2010 06:31 AM
hey guys i thought id step in and just say something, the original reason cbrs, cbz, cbt and cbas were created was so there wouldnt be conflictions with zip arcs tars and rar files, if youd like noboy i can make a quick registry entry for you so that when you right click a cb* file there will be an option to open with winrar, seems alot easier than having the thumbnail handle going through every zip and rar archive.

noboy
  • Guests
  • Last active:
@ Meganubis: I don't get what you said, but what I want is to have ordinary zip and rar thumbnailed - not the cbz or cbr.

kretos
  • Guests
  • Last active:

I'm working on that version also.
I will probably put both flavors in the download package when I finish it.
'When' depends on my free time.

Thanks for your shell extension - I recently discovered that cdisplayex has such possibility but I'm using x64 windows 7 and 64 bit OS cannot use 32 bit explorer extensions. So i've downloaded source code for cdisplayex and all needed pieces of code in order to compile it for x64. But after I was able to compile this I get to know that even latest version of Delphi doesn't support x64 (I'm not a Delphi user and didn't check that before:( ).

And then I found your software and it works like a charm with one note - it won't sort according to filenames and show first image file found in archive. I have big collection of cbr files and modifying all of them would be a pain. So i'm currently waiting for new version?

Thanks
jm

Meganubis
  • Members
  • 6 posts

@ Meganubis: I don't get what you said, but what I want is to have ordinary zip and rar thumbnailed - not the cbz or cbr.

this is what i mean
Posted Image
but if you dont really want it thats fine.

Thanks for your shell extension - I recently discovered that cdisplayex has such possibility but I'm using x64 windows 7 and 64 bit OS cannot use 32 bit explorer extensions. So i've downloaded source code for cdisplayex and all needed pieces of code in order to compile it for x64. But after I was able to compile this I get to know that even latest version of Delphi doesn't support x64 (I'm not a Delphi user and didn't check that before:( ).

And then I found your software and it works like a charm with one note - it won't sort according to filenames and show first image file found in archive. I have big collection of cbr files and modifying all of them would be a pain. So i'm currently waiting for new version?

Thanks
jm

Im not sure if t800 mentioned it or not, but he is going to make a new version that uses the first alphabeltical thumbnail, instead of the first file added.

T800
  • Members
  • 107 posts
  • Last active: Feb 01 2014 11:14 PM

Just for the taste, here's a preview version 4.0.0.2 (x86/x64)
<!-- m -->https://ahknet.autoh...MP/cbx4002p.zip<!-- m -->
Play with it until I make final package.

Obsolete post, use the link on the first page (project homepage).

• Guests
  • Last active:
awesome but how do i get it to work?

Meganubis
  • Members
  • 6 posts
extract the files in the archive in the installation directory (eg. C:\Program Files\T800 Productions\CBX Shell), then open cbxmanager, or cbxmanager64 if you got a x64 windows, then select what youd like as thumbnails, then if you want the first image of the archive as the thumbnailm tick Enable image sorting, then press apply, then delete your thumbnail cache if you want the new thumbnails displayed.

noboy
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I can't replace the CBXShell64.dll ... how did you guys manage to replace it?

Meganubis
  • Members
  • 6 posts
<!-- m -->http://www.mediafire.com/?kiw4wmwwju2<!-- m -->
Put that bat file with the other files, and run it, it should work, lemme know what happens.

kretos
  • Guests
  • Last active:
yes, thumbnailing is slower now, but looks great, thank you very much! confirmed - working in windows 7 x64

noboy
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Thanks T800 it works, also used Meganubis bat to help I think did something...

my steps:

1 Uninstall cbxshell if it is installed
2 Extract zip to the same folder installation of cbxshell
3 Make the cbxshell64.dll property read only
4 Install cbxshell with installer and ignore the error
5 run the CBXManager64.exe then the BAT file

I pulled my hair and gnashed my teeth before coming up with this damn trick, but it finally thumbnail my zips and rars...

deucengine
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Last active: Jan 31 2010 03:01 AM
This is exactly what I was looking for. Can't wait to see the start of your cbx reader.

deucengine
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Last active: Jan 31 2010 03:01 AM
Ok I got this setup on my Windows XP 32-bit computer but I can't get it working on my Windows 7 x64 system.

I tried the steps noboy said to do but I can't get the batch file to run. It throws an error while registering the DLL. I'll add the exact error once I get home from work.

Anybody have any ideas for me to try?

Meganubis
  • Members
  • 6 posts
need the message

noboy
  • Guests
  • Last active:
@deucengine: You do know that you have to put the BAT in the same installed program folder, I figured that is the only error a BAT would generate using my step (file not found error)