Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Virtual Desktop(s) ...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic
Beastmaster
  • Members
  • 191 posts
  • Last active: Apr 23 2007 02:58 PM
This one provides up two 9 virtual desktops: MultiDesk (Freeware)
[Download]

SDesk which is not a multi-desktop program. It is a program that creates a single, giant desktop that extends beyond the visible region of the monitor. Only a portion of the SDesk is visible at a time, as defined by the Windows desktop settings. To facilitate the organization of windows on the SDesk, a tool window displays the position of all visible application windows. The SDesk Toolwin is interactive: the SDesk view can be moved, and windows on the SDesk can be moved ... (check its helpfile for more info, Freeware)
[Download]

Atomhrt
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I use goscreen, but it's not free. This free one that I tested worked well: http://virt-dimension.sourceforge.net/.

Atomhrt
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Actually :), we can make one using AHK now. With the recent floating menu and sub-menu capability that Chris added, it should be doable and very useable. There was a script posted called Traywin (that I can't seem to find in the forums at the moment), that has the basic framework.

I envision a sub-menu for each desktop. If someone wants to make one, that would be cool. Otherwise, I will work on it in my spare time.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

There was a script posted called Traywin (that I can't seem to find in the forums at the moment), that has the basic framework.

If you mean the "minimize window to tray" script, that exists in the script showcase: http://www.autohotke... ... ayMenu.htm

Btw, if you're currently posting as a guest, you can receive notification of topic replies via e-mail if you register a username. Registration is easy and should be instantaneous once you enter the info. Of course, you have to provide a valid e-mail address to receive "topic reply notifications".

Atomhrt
  • Guests
  • Last active:

There was a script posted called Traywin (that I can't seem to find in the forums at the moment), that has the basic framework.

If you mean the "minimize window to tray" script, that exists in the script showcase: http://www.autohotke... ... ayMenu.htm

Btw, if you're currently posting as a guest, you can receive notification of topic replies via e-mail if you register a username. Registration is easy and should be instantaneous once you enter the info. Of course, you have to provide a valid e-mail address to receive "topic reply notifications".

I'll register. I've been procrastinating. I really dread giving out my email address. You know why...

Yes, I looks like the correct script. Note that when I look at the scripts using Firefox, the lines for each script do not wrap to the screen or where they should. That is, everything shows as a single line. IE displays them fine. View source looks right in either browser.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

Note that when I look at the scripts using Firefox ... everything shows as a single line

Sounds like a bug in Firefox. Unless I'm mistaken, hard carriage returns in the
 section should be shown by the browser.

Atomhrt
  • Guests
  • Last active:

Note that when I look at the scripts using Firefox ... everything shows as a single line

Sounds like a bug in Firefox. Unless I'm mistaken, hard carriage returns in the
 section should be shown by the browser.

Could well be a bug. Looks fine if you change
  to 

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Thanks for testing that, I'll see if there is something I can do to fix it. Are you using the latest Firefox? Do you know if it supports CSS? Does anyone have a browser other than MSIE and Firefox to test this with?

http://www.autohotke... ... ayMenu.htm

I wish I knew more about CSS and the other new HTML extensions.

Jon
  • Members
  • 349 posts
  • Last active: Aug 30 2011 08:35 PM
Firefox 9.0 - doesn't work right (text all on one line) Shows script but there is side scroll

Mozilla 1.6 - doesn't work right (text all on one line). Shows script but there is side scroll

Opera 7.23 - Doesn't show the script at all. Alot of side scroll though.
It does show the other scripts but it doesn't work right (text all on one line). there is alot of side scroll.

Avant Browser 9.02 - works right

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Thanks for doing so many. I'll try to make it a normal PRE section which should work on most browsers.