Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

v1.0.29 released: Save and restore the entire clipboard

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic
polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM
Sorry if I'm not thinking in a programmer's point of perspective but should updates as such arrise where scripts could be broken due to syntax change couldn't there be something like a [StringReplace OldSyntax > NewSyntax] Script-Updater packed into AutoHotkey.exe which would act upon scripts on execution :?:

autohotkey.com/net Site Manager

Contact me by email (polyethene at autohotkey.net) or message tidbit

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

if you get bmp->disk support, can you also support png->disk?...or really that means CB->disk as bmp & CB->disk as png.

Thanks for clarifying. I've made a note to try to support this when the time comes to work on it.

I'm sure other AHKers are on track with the no-dll thing, but as long as the dll is only required *if* a script *uses* that command, I think it's ok. Poll anyone?: Should a few ahk commands be allowed to link into external dlls?...almost the same as using an external .exe (BoBo), but this image writing thing is a dll & not an exe, so I can't use it that way.

It's an interesting idea and I think someday AutoHotkey will have DLL-calling capability. Once that is done, you can call your own custom DLLs, DLLs made by others such as the one you mentioned, as well as DLLs built into the OS.

could you provide your .hpj?

Yeah that's easier than compiling two versions. I've e-mailed it to you.

would you mind if I code some cookies to remember a user bgcolor (that you put on the help pages)?

I'd rather not.

If anyone else prefers mandatory white background in the help file and on the web site, please let me know. It's not that big a deal to me. I just thought that there might be a few people who like the ability to have a light gray background for their help file and web site, which I tried and find rather nice.

Why is the new variable called ClipboardAll & not ClipboardRaw (All what?)?

"All" as in "everything" rather than just the plain text portion. "All" seems more memorable to the typical user than Raw. Since I don't think "All" will ever be needed to describe any other aspect of the clipboard, I think it's okay as-is.

Why do most operations have to be on a "saved" version of it & not directly on ClipboardAll?

Making "All" read-only greatly simplified certain aspects of the design.

should updates as such arrise where scripts could be broken due to syntax change couldn't there be something like a [StringReplace OldSyntax > NewSyntax] Script-Updater packed into AutoHotkey.exe which would act upon scripts on execution

It's an interesting idea, but somewhat messy in the sense that someone might be running the script from a read-only medium such as CDrom, etc. The complexity doesn't seem worth it unless some high value change is someday deemed necessary.

JSLover
  • Members
  • 920 posts
  • Last active: Nov 02 2012 09:54 PM

I'd rather not.

...rather not have cookies? Do you like the "alternate style" idea? I'm not 100% sure how you do it, but I think you just add more lines to other stylesheets & the user can pick in the browser (NS7.2: View -> Use Style -> ). But the cookie method would be more reliable, cuz you can include a form on a page somewhere, where the user picks the exact hex value, that is saved in a cookie & used on load. Doing tricks at the web server level can help you not edit all the pages. Use one script to set the cookie & make the web server "run" the .css (without renaming it {using an .htaccess setting}), the new "css" could be a php script to generate the real css, using the cookie if it exists & using a default if it don't. I know you've said html isn't your best subject, so I can do the work if you want me to.

I just thought that there might be a few people who like the ability to have a light gray background for their help file and web site, which I tried and find rather nice.

...white, light gray, anything that looks good, but relying on every users default to work for every page isn't good, what if someone's default was black? or dark blue? You wouldn't be able to read anything. People specify defaults for pages that don't typically or can't specify colors, like 404 errors.
Useful forum links: New content since: Last visitPast weekPast 2 weeks (links will show YOUR posts, not mine)

OMFG, the AutoHotkey forum is IP.board now (yuck!)...I may not be able to continue coming here (& I love AutoHotkey)...I liked phpBB, but not this...ugh...

Note...
I may not reply to any topics (specifically ones I was previously involved in), mostly cuz I can't find the ones I replied to, to continue helping, but also just cuz I can't stand the new forum...phpBB was soo perfect. This is 100% the opposite of "perfect".

I also semi-plan to start my own, phpBB-based AutoHotkey forum (or take over the old one, if he'll let me)
PM me if you're interested in a new phpBB-based forum (I need to know if anyone would use it)
How (or why) did they create the Neil Armstrong memorial site (neilarmstronginfo.com) BEFORE he died?

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:

I just thought that there might be a few people who like the ability to have a light gray background for their help file and web site, which I tried and find rather nice.

Sorry folks, I don't want someone to decide which color I've to use for my livingroom nor for AHK's help. Next minute another one wants it to become dark blue on black.

More important is (IMHO) to care about a standard, which is btw. "black on white". It's a historical thing we've to accept since Johannes Gutenberg has improved how to print books. Beside that I think you should think about people which are visually impaired (reading grey chars on grey background isn't really helpfull).

AFAIK you can reconfigure the apperance of standard windows within your Dektop\Properties. It has to be done once, will impact all of your windows and that's it (if you don't like white as background in AHK's help you won't like it in MS-Word as well, correct ?). Period.

I guess the majority of AHK users is interested in every second Chris is able/willing to spend time on the ongoing development of AHK, and less or not at all on the appearance of it's help file. 8)

Thx Chris - for all the effort you put into the development of AHK. Much appreciated.

@ JSLover
"Degustibus non est disbutandum" - so stop it. Thx for listening 8)

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:
@ JSLover
check for an IE "booklet"/plugin which is changing a webpages background color using a single click. Guess there are billions available in the web. Take care :wink:

jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts
  • Last active: Feb 24 2008 04:22 AM
I think it's silly to suggest Chris implement cookies just to provide insurance against someone having black as their default background. 1) That person is stupid. 2) Cookies aren't exactly known for their good reputation.

Stefan
  • Members
  • 74 posts
  • Last active: Apr 15 2009 09:33 PM
Sorry, what r u talking about ?
I have white background in the help file and on the web site !?
Posted Image Stefan

This post was created with the kindly help of http://dict.leo.org/ and remember: “Allways look on the bright side of Life”

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM

Same here...
If you really want a white background then set the body attribute to a while colour in your default.css :arrow: :?:

autohotkey.com/net Site Manager

Contact me by email (polyethene at autohotkey.net) or message tidbit

jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts

Currently, the main site and the compiled help file don't explicitly specify a color as their background, meaning the browser will fall back on the user's choice. That's usually white, but it might be something else, like grey or cyan. However, it usually isn't a problem and Chris reports that it still looks fine with other colors anyway.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

...rather not have cookies? Do you like the "alternate style" idea?
I know you've said html isn't your best subject, so I can do the work if you want me to.

If there's any doubt about it not being compatible with older browsers, or causing display problems on Win95/NT, I'd rather not do it. In other words, keeping the HTML simple and the cookies to a minimum raises confidence in the compatibility with older OSes and browsers.

jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts
You never fail to think about backwards compatibility first, Chris. :wink: I'm conditioned in the Yoper way of thinking - screw backwards compatibility, we'll take the latest and the greatest! (slight transliteration from their actual philosophy) But being haunted by 95 and 98 systems in the house (my parents are cheaper than I am), I have to think about the less fortunate as well.

Then again, I'll probably be using XP for a long time to come; I don't have very high expectations of Longhorn. I'm using *nix and OSX more nowadays, too. Someday I'll get around to testing AHK on Wine. :D

Stefan
  • Members
  • 74 posts
  • Last active: Apr 15 2009 09:33 PM

... don't explicitly specify a color as their background, meaning the browser will fall back on the user's choice.

Aha, thx. (iam nvr playing with this settings, so i've white)
THX for explanation Jonny.
Posted Image Stefan

This post was created with the kindly help of http://dict.leo.org/ and remember: “Allways look on the bright side of Life”

Bob O.
  • Guests
  • Last active:

My parents called me "the boy" until I was nine. Then they called me Bob O. I just accepted it...

...and went to Minnesota to open my famous
(click here to see image) ... where I live next door with Jonny ("the buttkicker"),
which isn't always funny as his GreenGallopingWhatNot is constantly peeing on my mums roses.

Edit: Made the image clickable to prevent horizontal scrolling problems.

• Guests
  • Last active:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good one!

JSLover
  • Members
  • 920 posts
  • Last active: Nov 02 2012 09:54 PM

If there's any doubt about it not being compatible with older browsers, or causing display problems on Win95/NT, I'd rather not do it.

...I don't know about the "alternate style" thing, that might not be compatible with older browsers (but might fail without any visible effects)...my cookie idea tho, would *do what it does now* if it don't find the cookie, if you never visit the page to set the cookie, nothing would change, but *I* could go to the page (I create) & set a cookie & then the pages would read that cookie & use it. I don't think help files can have cookies, so this wouldn't affect that. I can code the script to do it with the least impact (files to put in place/edit) for you Chris.

I use a gray color for notepad which is alot easier on my eyes, that same color is used for NS & IE's bg...so I can't change it to white (or light gray) for *just* AHK & mess with the rest of the places I use it. Changing AHK is simpler than changing everything else...& it won't even affect people that never set the cookie.

@ JSLover
"Degustibus non est disbutandum" - so stop it. Thx for listening 8)

...I don't know why telling me off is called for.

I think it's silly to suggest Chris implement cookies just to provide insurance against someone having black as their default background.

...black was just an example. I'm not suggesting Chris do anything, but install a few files after I create them. It's not gonna be like if you don't have the cookie, the page won't display, it'll be the opposite, if you don't have the cookie, it'll do what it does now.

If you really want a white background then set the body attribute to a while colour in your default.css

...I can't edit Chris's default.css on his webserver. I don't have a "your" default.css to edit, that the online page would read.

Big ass picture here

...I don't know why you decided to post a 1256x1412 picture *IN* the thread, instead of link to it or put a thumbnail version in the thread & link to the big version. But since you're a guest (Bob O. == BoBo? {Chris, same ip?}) & can't edit, I need to ask Chris...can you edit that? This thread now has horiz scrolling making it hard to read page 2, but of course it'll go to page 3 soon, so it might not matter...but still large images are really bad for the thread layout.
Useful forum links: New content since: Last visitPast weekPast 2 weeks (links will show YOUR posts, not mine)

OMFG, the AutoHotkey forum is IP.board now (yuck!)...I may not be able to continue coming here (& I love AutoHotkey)...I liked phpBB, but not this...ugh...

Note...
I may not reply to any topics (specifically ones I was previously involved in), mostly cuz I can't find the ones I replied to, to continue helping, but also just cuz I can't stand the new forum...phpBB was soo perfect. This is 100% the opposite of "perfect".

I also semi-plan to start my own, phpBB-based AutoHotkey forum (or take over the old one, if he'll let me)
PM me if you're interested in a new phpBB-based forum (I need to know if anyone would use it)
How (or why) did they create the Neil Armstrong memorial site (neilarmstronginfo.com) BEFORE he died?