Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

Submitting forms [Internet Explorer]

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic
Jason Payam
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Hi,
I am asking if anyone knows how this works.

There are programs like AI ROBOFORM (www.roboform.com), Gator, etc that fill the webpage forms for you.

This would be extremely useful and would expand AHK's usability to include more interactions with web data.

Specifically as an example, I could then use AHK to login to PayPal and search for a specific transaction (I sell on eBay). I could also use this to retreive data that is only available by submitting forms with the requested queries (one cannot simply enter the url to reach this page for example).

As another example, there is a very popular program called Sold! Auction manager (www.timbercreeksoftware.com) which manages and posts ebay auctions----NOT by interacting with the ebay API but by filling ebay "Sell Your Item" forms that everyone encounts --- in the backround :).

Any ideas on how this is done or better yet, Chris can you use your magic?

Thanks for the input,

Payam

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Try experimenting a little with Window Spy, ControlSend, ControlSetText, and Control. For example, one of the comboboxes in this forum might show up as "Internet Explorer_TridentCmboBx2" when displayed in MSIE.

You might be able to navigate from field to field within an MSIE window using ControlSend, (name of focused control from ControlGetFocus), {tab}

Also, you can detect semi-reliably whether a web page is finished loading by using StatusBarWait (at least with MSIE):
Run, www.yahoo.com 
WinWait, Yahoo! - Microsoft Internet Explorer 
WinActivate 
StatusBarWait, Done, 10 
if ErrorLevel <> 0 
   MsgBox, The wait timed out or the window was closed. 
else 
   MsgBox, The page is done loading.

I don't have a lot of experience in this area, but hopefully a little experimentation will help you fill out forms automatically, if not in the background then at least in the foreground.