Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

What is the best filemanager?

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic
majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
  • Last active: May 20 2019 07:41 AM
I was testing DO 9 for a week and I removed it.
Don't know... TC 7 is still numero uno.

I am also aware of several more TC users that were much longer experimenting, including contributions on DO forum, but they all returned to TC after some time.
Posted Image

m^2
  • Members
  • 100 posts
  • Last active: Mar 01 2011 09:31 AM

I don't know about DO but TC has unlimited trial period (this info is published only by author on the forum) if you want to stick with 1|2|3 splashscreen (you can legaly automate splashscreen).

Nope. One month. After that TC doesn't lock, limit it's functionality or so, but license doesn't allow you to use it any longer w/out registration.

Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security.

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts

Nope. One month. After that TC doesn't lock, limit it's functionality or so, but license doesn't allow you to use it any longer w/out registration.

Gristian Chisler, author of TC, many times said on the forum that although its not stated in documentation, you can continue to use TC after its trial period is over if you want to stick with 1|2|3 splash screen. There are several users on TC forum, some of them to be active forum members for years, that still use TC that way. If you don't beleive me, go search the TC forum or make a topic about it there.

This is the script I use to automate splash screen so you never see it. Just replace shortcut to TC with shortcut to this script and you will never see splash screen again. Its perfectly legal to do so.

NoRSI_TC_LAUNCHER.AHK
ifWinExist, Total Commander
  return

Run %COMMANDER_PATH%\Totalcmd.exe

WinWait, ahk_class TNASTYNAGSCREEN
ControlGetText, OutputVar, TPanel2, ahk_class TNASTYNAGSCREEN
WinActivate
Send, &%OutputVar%

Posted Image

m^2
  • Members
  • 100 posts

Gristian Chisler, author of TC, many times said on the forum that although its not stated in documentation, you can continue to use TC after its trial period is over if you want to stick with 1|2|3 splash screen. There are several users on TC forum, some of them to be active forum members for years, that still use TC that way. If you don't beleive me, go search the TC forum or make a topic about it there.

This is the script I use to automate splash screen so you never see it. Just replace shortcut to TC with shortcut to this script and you will never see splash screen again. Its perfectly legal to do so.

NoRSI_TC_LAUNCHER.AHK
ifWinExist, Total Commander
  return

Run %COMMANDER_PATH%\Totalcmd.exe

WinWait, ahk_class TNASTYNAGSCREEN
ControlGetText, OutputVar, TPanel2, ahk_class TNASTYNAGSCREEN
WinActivate
Send, &%OutputVar%

He said that he doesn't mind if you use it longer when you cannot afford the license, as long as you don't use cracks or stolen keys. The license is clear - 1 month. He also said that he considers this script crack. I have no idea whether it's legal to use it during the trial period, but later - it's definitely not.

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts

He said that he doesn't mind if you use it longer when you cannot afford the license, as long as you don't use cracks or stolen keys.

Yes, exactly what I have said.

Gristian Chisler, author of TC, many times said on the forum that although its not stated in documentation, you can continue to use TC after its trial period is over if you want to stick with 1|2|3 splash screen

He also said that he considers this script crack.

Yes, and when I aksed why do you remember what did he say ? He said something in the manner "because I said so". BTW, this script is frist time mention in theory by his moderator Leftious. I just implemented his idea. And as you can't copyright navigational mechanism of the OS, you can freely use this script. This script doesn't remove this window, it just speed it up ! So this is one of those things....
What you think doesn't really matter. PPL were using "holes" in the systems legaly from the moment "systems" were invented.
Posted Image

m^2
  • Members
  • 100 posts

He said that he doesn't mind if you use it longer when you cannot afford the license, as long as you don't use cracks or stolen keys.

Yes, exactly what I have said.

Not exactly. It doesn't apply i.e. to commercial use.

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts

It doesn't apply to commercial use.

You are right. But I didn't mention commercial usage too.

For commercial usage, there is another hole in the system, but let me not be the one to enlighten pps on the forum.
Posted Image

petermad
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Jun 09 2008 01:43 PM

BTW, this script is frist time mention in theory by his moderator Leftious.

Just for the record - Lefteous is not a moderator of the Total Commander forum :wink:

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
He was back then i think, but nvm.
Posted Image

gar brown
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Mar 04 2008 10:20 PM
ultraexplorer I tried many, but one i like
<!-- m -->http://www.mustangpeak.net/<!-- m -->

gar

anchelito
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Last active: Jul 05 2009 12:51 PM
i have to support gar brown. ultraexplorer is my absolute favorite.
be sure to use the current 2.0 beta 1a from the forum, as it is better than the 1.5 that you find on the website.

greetings

Mobius
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  • Last active: Jul 31 2015 01:53 PM
I would highly recommend either 2xExplorer or Free Commander Portable,
both are free and are crammed with neat features which really boosted my otherwise clumsy file ops.

8) F.C.P is my current fave though too customizable and portable for its own
good!

Red Hat Boy
  • Members
  • 121 posts
  • Last active: May 02 2014 06:44 PM
Xplorer2, currently. Explore2FS for accessing (no write support) files from a linux partition. You have some listed here that I haven't tried, maybe I'll take a look.

You do not have permission to read this signature...

danalec
  • Members
  • 225 posts
  • Last active: Oct 03 2014 05:31 PM
i dunno whats the best coz i dont have time to test them all,
but windows explorer + qttabbar (<!-- m -->http://qttabbar.wikidot.com<!-- m -->) is really neat ;)

• 6 posts
  • Last active: May 19 2009 09:47 AM
Another vote for Directory Opus. It's an excellent utility, though not free.