Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

What is the best filemanager?

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic
A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts
  • Last active: Nov 14 2015 06:56 PM

Tried Q-Dir

Light,  fast, portable

Now a CS Undergrad. | My WebsiteAutohotkey Scripts | Softwares

Telegram me : @aviaryan

Cattleya
  • Members
  • 90 posts
  • Last active: Sep 13 2013 05:11 AM

I think Q-Dir is the best and also portable.

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

Now I use no file manager but QTTabBar Explorer Plugin. It with a background autohotkey script eliminates the need of any other file manager . 

budRich
  • Members
  • 146 posts
  • Last active: Aug 03 2015 08:33 PM

I've been using NexusFile for years. It looks great and its UI is easily customizable, tons of built in commands that you can assign hotkeys to. Only disadvatage is that there's no option to use NexusFile as the default filemanager in windows. Luckily we got AHK, here's a quick fix (tweak it to work with other filemanagers):

http://www.autohotke...r/?hl=nexusfile

Nexusfile to the right:

Spoiler

Paoli
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Last active: May 14 2014 03:13 PM

XYplorer, no doubt... and dual with Everything search engine (very, very, very fast... a must). Every month the development team from XYplorer adds something new, but the app is always light and fast. Fully customizable. And portable, a must-have for me in home and from time-to-time to fix someone pc...

A v i
  • Members
  • 1323 posts

I've been using NexusFile for years. It looks great and its UI is easily customizable, tons of built in commands that you can assign hotkeys to. Only disadvatage is that there's no option to use NexusFile as the default filemanager in windows. Luckily we got AHK, here's a quick fix (tweak it to work with other filemanagers):
http://www.autohotke...r/?hl=nexusfile

I had use NexusFile in the past and I will say it's the most fashionable file manager out there. However it is high on resources and so slow on my 2gb PC .

XYplorer, no doubt... and dual with Everything search engine (very, very, very fast... a must). Every month the development team from XYplorer adds something new, but the app is always light and fast. Fully customizable. And portable, a must-have for me in home and from time-to-time to fix someone pc...

I have tried many file managers in the past when I was looking for the perfect stuff. I just don't know how I missed XYplorer , the site makes the program look so good. Thanks for your post.

EDIT: Is this free?

Binocular222
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  • Last active: Jul 25 2014 04:28 AM

XYplorer is the best.

Not free but you can order Life-time license and it's definitely worth the price