Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Pre-1.0.12 Changes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic
Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
I'm pretty sure the ExcludeText parameter of all windowing commands has always been broken. Does anyone actually use this, or can you envision any realistically likely use for it? I'm debating whether to remove it entirely or fix it.

Here is what it's supposed to do: "Windows whose text include this value will not be considered."

One of the main potential uses is for window groups: it would allow a class of windows (such as a text editor) to exclude individual windows that contain a key phrase in their window text.

beardboy
  • Members
  • 443 posts
  • Last active: May 27 2017 08:41 AM
I haven't used it in any of my scripts, but it is a nice option to have. I just haven't ran into any situations where I could use it.

thanks,
beardboy

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
  • Last active: Jul 17 2015 07:45 AM
i haven't used it either...

but it'd make sense to also mail this post of urs on the mailing list to get more user opinion.

i know how much backward compatability matters to u.

MIA

CleanNews.in : Bite sized latest news headlines from India with zero bloat

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

but it'd make sense to also mail this post of urs on the mailing list to get more user opinion.

Done, thanks.

i know how much backward compatability matters to u.

Well, for a feature that's always been broken, it seems best to either fix it or get rid of it if no one is using it, even though doing either has a very slight chance of breaking old scripts that may have come to depend on the current behavior for ExcludeText (which doesn't do much of anything currently).

nemroth
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Hi everybody

I used the ExcludeText parameter in :

#Left::WinMinimize,,,,""

to try to minimize the active window

It worked in 1.0.10 version of autohotkey, but didn't work anymore when I installed version 1.0.11 !!!

Isn't better to fix it if it's possible ?

Nemroth

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

WinMinimize,,,,""

Double quotes have no special meaning in AutoHotkey -- they are always treated literally. I can't think of anything that could explain different behavior in 1.0.11 vs. earlier versions. In any case, I think I'm going to fix this feature so that it will exclude windows that have a text element containing ExcludeText.