Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

[Live Chat] Instant AutoHotkey help! Just add water...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
91 replies to this topic
wenwenguo
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Jun 25 2008 05:42 PM
Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is a useful way to get help and bounce ideas back-and-forth in real time
it's really good

buginafug
  • Guests
  • Last active:

*** UPDATE: July is National Chat Month.
Please install an IRC client and help enrich our live support channel by becoming a regular participant or logged in 24/7.
There is always someone looking for a discussion, even if you're not an expert programmer.

The AutoHotKey community now offers live chat support on Freenode IRC.

Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is a useful way to get help and bounce ideas back-and-forth in real time, and Freenode is where all the Open Source software developers and users hang-out. Share and enjoy resources not available or obvious on the forums. Ask stupid questions without creating a new thread! :p

If you are already familiar with IRC, you can find us on irc.freenode.net in channel #autohotkey.

There are several client options to choose from, each offering a different chat experience while connecting to the same chat room.

Here are a few:Web Interface:
[*:2jepiqb2] mibbit (just enter a "nickname" and click "connect")

Windows Software:
[*:2jepiqb2]Pidgin IM | Miranda IM | ChatZilla (Firefox Plugin) | mIRC | XChatWhen prompted for an IRC server, use: irc.freenode.net (or /server irc.freenode.net)
When prompted for a channel to join, use: #autohotkey (or /join #autohotkey)

Visit Wikipedia for more information on IRC and other IRC Client options.

See you there! :D

\BROKEN LINK!!!!! :evil: :x

engunneer
  • Moderators
  • 9162 posts
  • Last active: Sep 12 2014 10:36 PM
which one? You quoted the whole post, so I can't tell.

buginafug
  • Guests
  • Last active:
The IRC channel :evil:

engunneer
  • Moderators
  • 9162 posts
  • Last active: Sep 12 2014 10:36 PM
it should redirect you to #ahk, but if not, try #ahk

Raccoon
  • Members
  • 178 posts
  • Last active: Oct 06 2014 05:58 PM
The links in my original post that begin with irc:// will open whatever IRC client you have installed on your machine, and connect you to the IRC channel. If you have no IRC client installed, then your browser will not know what to do with irc:// protocol handlers.

There are no broken links, just users who lie about "being already familiar with IRC" and fail to actually install an IRC client before clicking those links.
Posted Image

Need help right away? Get live support on IRC.
Already have an IRC client installed? /join #ahk

tidbit
  • Administrators
  • 2709 posts
  • Hates playing Janitor
  • Last active: Jan 15 2016 11:37 PM
I think he means #autohotkey isn't showing up in the "chat room list" however "ahk" does.
so you may want to change:
When prompted for a channel to join, use: #autohotkey (or /join #autohotkey)
to
When prompted for a channel to join, use: #ahk (or /join #ahk)

as I use the opera client. theres no prompt-to-join. it has a room list and a search box. so I had difficulty to when I searched for "autohotkey". nothing showed up. until I tried AHK.

rawr. be very afraid
*poke*
. Populate the AutoHotkey city. Pointless but somewhat fun. .

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM
I found an interesting blog post titled IRC Communication on the planet Mozilla feed today which I believe applies to many newcomers of our channel. To summarize:

[*:1ywte1h6]Search first - the FAQ, documentation or forum may already have a solution
[*:1ywte1h6]Don't expect help with specific or complex problems - IRC is live chat so if your query requires much thought you're better off posting on the forums
[*:1ywte1h6]Use a pastebin for code longer than three lines
[*:1ywte1h6]Be patient - you only need to ask once, do not repeat yourself or IM everyone
[*:1ywte1h6]Treat others with respect; we often have defocused convos with members of different ages and backgrounds so we're relaxed and open
[*:1ywte1h6]Ops are there to help - usually we can be identified as voiced (+v), do not hesitate to contact us

autohotkey.com/net Site Manager

Contact me by email (polyethene at autohotkey.net) or message tidbit

a1pha63
  • Members
  • 72 posts
  • Last active: Oct 01 2011 09:05 AM
IRC is really cool.

infogulch
  • Moderators
  • 717 posts
  • Last active: Jul 31 2014 08:27 PM
LOL

I am Titan and I approve this message.

That's good :D

... Even tho I'm a bit late :p

And remember! you don't have to get permission to ask a question! Just say "hi" and ask. (you can even skip the "hi" if you like)

Also keep in mind that we are a very diverse group on the irc; we live all over the world (not too unlike the forums). And tho they may deny it with every bone in their body, the experts actually do sleep ( yeah, nk :shock: ). So there are times of the day where the irc is much slower. If you come and find ghost town at a certain time of the day, try some other time.

And you don't have to apologize for so-called "bad english." I am a native speaker myself, and let me tell you, there is no such thing. :p

:D

VxE
  • Moderators
  • 3622 posts
  • Last active: Dec 24 2015 02:21 AM

And you don't have to apologize for so-called "bad english." I am a native speaker myself, and let me tell you, there is no such thing. :p

I thought "bad-english" was called "american"...

... *walks away whistling*

ChalamiuS
  • Moderators
  • 176 posts
  • Last active:

And tho they may deny it with every bone in their body, the experts actually do sleep ( yeah, nk :shock: ).

Infogulch sssh... that's a secret :shock:

infogulch
  • Moderators
  • 717 posts
  • Last active: Jul 31 2014 08:27 PM

I thought "bad-english" was called "american"...

When you convince me that the fact that a Male elephant's proper pronoun is "it" is good english, then I'll believe that there is a "good" and "bad" english. (any animal is the same)

Until then, all we have is "grammatically correct" english. And what's left out of that is understandable anyway. :p

Infogulch sssh... that's a secret

;) :p

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM
freenode decided to block mibbit so all you webchat fans have to switch to their modified qwebirc client :(

autohotkey.com/net Site Manager

Contact me by email (polyethene at autohotkey.net) or message tidbit

MasterFocus
  • Moderators
  • 4323 posts
  • Last active: Jan 28 2016 01:38 AM
Confirming Titan's information:

*** Notice -- Connections via mibbit are no longer supported on freenode. You may wish to consider using <!-- m -->http://bit.ly/19JILF<!-- m -->

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antonio Fran├ža -- git.io -- github.com -- ahk4.net -- sites.google.com -- ahkscript.org

Member of the AHK community since 08/Apr/2009. Moderator since mid-2012.