Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

AHKControl

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic
Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:
Script updated:
[*:2m3zizm8]Edit is now shown for compiled scripts if script-name.ahk exists in the same directory.
[*:2m3zizm8]EditAction is now used even if the Edit menu is not shown.
[*:2m3zizm8]Windows Vista + UAC: If AHKControl cannot control a script (i.e. because of UIPI), it will disable the sub-menu and allow the tray menu to be activated directly. If the script has no tray icon, it is not shown in the menu.

User Interface Privilege Isolation (UIPI) implements restrictions in the windows subsystem that prevents lower-privilege applications from sending window messages or installing hooks in higher-privilege processes.

TODO: "Recompile & Reload" for compiled scripts.

derRaphael
  • Members
  • 872 posts
  • Last active: Mar 19 2013 04:42 PM
maybe this interest u:

http://de.autohotkey...p?p=19758#19758

i know its german, but the script there just does reload with params
also shows some minor informations about the currently running script

for recompile:

http://de.autohotkey...opic.php?t=2542

a script which introduces a new functionality: fileInstall with variables
basically a variable 'filez' including pipe seperated values such as dirnames, and/or files

there are two tagged sections which handle the recompilation process to include the filelists. this happens when the script gets startet with the parameter compile

there is also a link on that side for a lil utility which adds contextmenu for ahk files, so that these can be started with parameters jst by rightclickig 'em

well, enough advertisement ;)

i just posted to give you a copy, paste and improve source if you wish to incorporate above mentioned functions (reload & recompile).

greets
derRaphael

All scripts, unless otherwise noted, are hereby released under CC-BY

badmojo
  • Members
  • 204 posts
  • Last active: Jul 23 2014 01:39 AM
any ideas why am i getting this error? i copied all the necessary files into same folder as AHKControl.ahk

Error: Call to nonexistent function.

Specifically: MI_ShowMenu("Root")

---> 061: MI_ShowMenu("Root")

• <!-- m -->http://i.imgur.com/l01kj.png<!-- m -->

TheAllmighty
  • Guests
  • Last active:

i copied all the necessary files into same folder as AHKControl.ahk

you need to copy them in the standard-lib folder.
http://www.autohotke...nctions.htm#lib

badmojo
  • Members
  • 204 posts
  • Last active: Jul 23 2014 01:39 AM

i copied all the necessary files into same folder as AHKControl.ahk

you need to copy them in the standard-lib folder.
http://www.autohotke...nctions.htm#lib

oops, a brain freeze on my part. now it's working, thanks!

George_AHK
  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • Last active: Jan 03 2012 09:46 PM
Why are some of the names of the files just a row of squares? By squares I mean the normal letter of the file name are replaced with some other character that looks like a square. I did notice that it is only for the two that where loaded with an Icon. The Icon show correctly but the name of the .akh file itself is not.

I tried to do a screen shot of the menu but it goes away when I try the various screen capture programs I have.

automaticman
  • Members
  • 658 posts
  • Last active: Nov 20 2012 06:10 PM
This seems not to be compatible with AutoHotkey_L, can anybody verify this?

TheGreatSwami Woo
  • Members
  • 237 posts
  • Last active: Jan 22 2012 03:31 PM
Cool, how the hell did I miss this script all this time! should be included with the Ahk install
Thanks to George and Automatician for commenting on an old post. I know on the AutoIt site you get flamed for commenting on an old post but it's often useful for others who passed it by somehow the first time or wern't around then.

guest3456
  • Members
  • 1704 posts
  • Last active: Nov 19 2015 11:58 AM
i was looking for this script, for some reason i thought it consolidated all the 'H' tray icons into one. does anyone know of a script that does that?

rbrtryn
  • Members
  • 1177 posts
  • Last active: Sep 11 2013 08:04 PM
Script fails with the Unicode version of AHK_L:
Posted Image
With the ANSI version it works as advertised.

Brilliant script! +1

My Scripts are written for the latest released version of AutoHotkey.

Need a secure, accessible place to backup your stuff? Use Dropbox!

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:
I've modified AHKControl many times over the years, but since some of the modifications were not suitable for the public I hadn't updated this thread. Now I've cleaned up the script and updated the download (see top post).

Key points:
[*:2736ht16]Unicode support.
[*:2736ht16]Win+A shows a menu based on the active window.
[*:2736ht16]AHKControl's tray icon can be enabled as an alternative to the hotkey.
[*:2736ht16]Each script can set a custom icon.
Changes:
[*:2736ht16]New hotkey (Win+A): If the active window belongs to a script, a menu to control it is shown. If the active window's title matches PathRegEx, all matching scripts are listed. (SciTE and Notepad++ should work by default.) Otherwise, all scripts are listed.
[*:2736ht16]AHKControl's tray icon can be enabled and customized by setting some options near the top of the script. Right clicking the icon brings up the list of scripts. If the option is turned off (the default setting), the icon will only appear when the hotkeys are suspended; left clicking the icon "unsuspends" the hotkeys. Otherwise, left click and right click are the same.
[*:2736ht16]Each script can set its own icon, even if it doesn't have a tray icon. See the top post for details. The old method of retrieving the tray icon is still used where possible (i.e. on XP and Vista).
[*:2736ht16]If no other icon is available and a script is paused or suspended, the appropriate default icon is shown.
[*:2736ht16]Pause and Suspend now have checkmarks when appropriate.
[*:2736ht16]At the top of each script submenu, the version number of its AutoHotkey.exe is shown.
[*:2736ht16]If a script is non-responsive, only the Edit and Kill options are shown.
[*:2736ht16]Windows 7 + UAC: If AHKControl cannot control a script (i.e. because of UIPI), it will disable the sub-menu and allow the tray menu to be activated directly. It already did this for "WIN_VISTA" but was never updated for Windows 7.
[*:2736ht16]A confirmation prompt is shown if you try to exit AHKControl.
I think the Unicode problem only affected Windows Vista and older, where the script is able to extract information from the system tray.

guest3456
  • Members
  • 1704 posts
  • Last active: Nov 19 2015 11:58 AM
thanks for the update

is it possible to consolidate all the tray icons so that only AHKControl is shown and all other scripts icons are supressed? since we can use AHKControl to access the tray menus i'd rather not have the tray cluttered. don't know if this is possible though.

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:
Use #NoTrayIcon...

amnesiac
  • Members
  • 124 posts
  • Last active: May 01 2014 03:04 AM
Great work. Thank you.
Is there a way to determine other scripts' state (i.e. paused, suspended or normal)?

Click to download Chinese resource for AutoHotkey.

Recommended: AutoHotkey_L My code is based on it or similar versions, e.g. AutoHotkey_H.
Together with AutoHotkey, we grow and march forward. No matter how the future will be, this period of days is still epic.

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:
Look for a check mark next to "Pause" or "Suspend"...

If the script doesn't have any other icon in the menu, it will show the suspended or paused icon.