Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Do you own a Digital Still Camera ?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic
SKAN
  • Administrators
  • 9115 posts
  • Last active:

Where is the native exif ahk source code?

The source of Exif v1.00 was too buggy and was never released.
A light and simpler version 2.00 can be found in Scripts and Functions.

Carcophan
  • Members
  • 1578 posts
  • Last active: Nov 27 2013 06:46 PM
We just bought a camera a few days ago :) !

Nikon D5000

It is a 'wedding gift' to ourselves, as a couple. It was a little pricey for our current situation, and neither of us wanted or needed our own gifts.

Figured that we are getting married in a few weeks and would be nice to have a "real" camera to own and use. The little tiny Kodak pocket cams are nice and all, but nothing beats the real thing.... if only I could learn to use the damn thing now.... :roll:

SKAN
  • Administrators
  • 9115 posts
  • Last active:

Nikon D5000

Quite expensive: INR 46K :shock:.. Fantastic features though.
and btw, Wish you a Happy married life.

:)

Carcophan
  • Members
  • 1578 posts

INR 46K :shock:.. Fantastic features though.

What is INR 46k?

Yea, it was pricey, but it was one of those birthday, wedding, honeymoon, save-for-months kind of things.

Our problem now is.... can we trust someone with it, to take out pictures.

"Pardon me, but can you take our picture, sir?..... "
"Sir, why are you backing up so far, we didn't want a distance shot, just a close up... "
"Hello? "

As far as the 'happy married life', I'm just in if for the insurance money... :twisted:

SKAN
  • Administrators
  • 9115 posts
  • Last active:

What is INR 46k?

Indian Rupees 46,000 => USD 990

"Pardon me, but can you take our picture, sir?..... "
"Sir, why are you backing up so far, we didn't want a distance shot, just a close up... "
"Hello? "

:D

Carcophan
  • Members
  • 1578 posts
Wow... $990!!

No, we didn't pay that much. Just over $600 on sale, which itself was still significantly more than either of us have spent on anything in a long long long while. Between two people, and saving up over some time, it was 'manageable', but every time i look at the damn camera, I still have a tinge of "buyers remorse."

Shes happy now though, and no longer 'nagging' me, so in the end...WELL worth it.

Funny side note: The 'cheaper' version, the D3000, comes with this snazzy 'beginners mode', on the screen. It gives you pointers and walk throughs like a tutorial..... yet that is missing from the D5000.... :roll:

SKAN
  • Administrators
  • 9115 posts
  • Last active:
Be aware that:
Your digi-cam has 9286 UserComment tag with 44 spaces.
You can write (and later read/search ) a short description with my EXIF() v2.x

:)

Carcophan
  • Members
  • 1578 posts

EXIF()

:shock:

Yet another amazing piece of work that is light-years beyond my ability. I will have to look into this further, but it looks incredible.

It is fun to find all of these 'hidden' things, you can never tell what is buried in the forum archives until a post like come up. thank you.