Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

Trojan

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic
Tim R Frost
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I run a scan on my computer on Sunday. I just downloaded the AVG 8 and Autohotkey. Well you know what is coming. AVG reported a trojan in Autohot key. I have a screen shot but I do not see a way to post an attachment. Avg list it as Tojan Horse Generic 10.QKF Is is in the bin fil and the install (obviously)

Has anyone else ran across this problem? Does the download have a trojan?

Thanks,

Tim

Oberon
  • Members
  • 442 posts
  • Last active: Jul 03 2008 11:34 PM
I reported this as a false positive and was sent an email by AVG saying that they confirm it is indeed a "false alarm".

Tim R Frost
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Thanks, I guessed as much but was not sure. It is better to be safe then sorry in this situation, I believe

Grendel
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Last active: Mar 17 2007 07:11 PM
with Autohotkey 1.0.47.06 (also .05) compiled EXE's
I got the same problem meanwhile with

McAfee Antivirus Enterprise 8.5i
Patch 5, Scanmodul 5200.2160, DAT Version 5290.0000

[compiled filename].exe ---> Generic Downloader.q (Trojan)
[compiled filename].upx ---> W32/YahLover.worm (Trojan)

:!:
greets Grendel

Grendel
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Last active: Mar 17 2007 07:11 PM
I meanwhile opened a case at McAfee's virus-avertlab.

Well...we will see what happened next...
greets Grendel

RBJ300
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Aug 28 2014 06:32 PM

with Autohotkey 1.0.47.06 (also .05) compiled EXE's

Also the same problem with Symantec AntiVirus program 10.0.0.359 scan engine 103.0.2.7 virus def 05/07/08 rev. 8 - on compiled scripts.

System Monitor
  • Members
  • 508 posts
  • Last active: Mar 26 2012 05:13 AM
Hey Monitors!
A sticky should be put at the top of the bug reports forum about virus's/trojans!

patchie
  • Members
  • 31 posts
  • Last active: May 08 2014 01:51 PM
i got mcafee virusscan enterprise 8.0.0

got the same problem..=/

i cant use my programs at work anymore.. :(
..:: Patchie ::..

John Adamson
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I too got the Generic Dowloader.q warning and all my exe autohotkey utilities were deleted by the latest McAfee Security Center live virus scanner update.

However, by removing/renaming the upx.exe compression utility in the compiler folder and re-compiling the utilities, the uncompressed exe files do not trigger the problem.

Today (9th May), after another McAfee update, I have found the problem no longer seems to arrive even when the upx compression ir used ... perhaps the detection signature has been revised.

Simt
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I Still find this error occuring for a couple virus scanners. Avoiding upx still seems to take away most of the warnings, but Autohotkey can cause these messages regardless.

• Guests
  • Last active:
I can't compile any ahk2exe.exe on a Norton antivir pro ,don't know the version or make. Its at my work.

Gsmith
  • Guests
  • Last active:
A recent update to the def files on NAV caused this for the first time for me. It deleted/quarantined all my AHK compiled scripts.

I was happy to see these posts here to inform me as to what was going on. As posted above, I renamed the C:\ProgramFiles\AutoHotkey\Compiler\UPX.EXE file and recompiled the scripts. They again run and are not falsely detected by the AV application.