Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Software & Politics

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic
Laszlo
  • Moderators
  • 4713 posts
  • Last active: Mar 31 2012 03:17 AM
Moderator note: split from topic "Voice Recognition. Works with AutoHotkey!"

It is a pity that they mix in politics to the usage conditions. Don’t trust software, which promote political agendas!

Laszlo
  • Moderators
  • 4713 posts

I really dont care it works fine for me!

By using this software you are supporting Radicalism and Anti-Semitism. It is your choice, but please don’t use this forum to promote this kind of ideology.

BoBo²
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I've worked for one of the worlds biggest computer manufacturers. We had to check each and every delivery against US export compliance rules. It's a huge list of 'bad countries'. Nothing new to blacklist whomever you think is OK to be blamed.

Laszlo
  • Moderators
  • 4713 posts

Nothing new to blacklist whomever you think is OK to be blamed.

Companies producing strategically important goods have to obey the export control regulations of their government. Cuba, North Korea, Iran etc. are normally on this list, which speaks about the government, not the company. It is a perceived national security issue.

In many places of the world people are murdered, raped, imprisoned in huge numbers, millions die because their livelihood is destroyed, or forced to work for pennies a day, have to sell their bodies to be able to survive. Singling out Israel, the only democratic country in the Middle East with human rights, where these horrible atrocities don’t happen, is just Anti-Semitism.

You can dress it up as human rights-, or peace activism, but the fascistic usage conditions of the SW promotes hatred and racism. Don’t support it by using or advertising GlovePIE!

derRaphael
  • Members
  • 872 posts
  • Last active: Mar 19 2013 04:42 PM
dear laszlo,

Though the general definition of antisemitism is hostility or prejudice against Jews, a number of authorities have developed more formal definitions. Holocaust scholar and City University of New York professor Helen Fein defines it as "a persisting latent structure of hostile beliefs towards Jews as a collective manifested in individuals as attitudes, and in culture as myth, ideology, folklore and imagery, and in actions – social or legal discrimination, political mobilization against the Jews, and collective or state violence – which results in and/or is designed to distance, displace, or destroy Jews as Jews."

Professor Dietz Bering of the University of Cologne further expanded on Professor Fein's definition by describing the structure of antisemitic beliefs. To antisemites, "Jews are not only partially but totally bad by nature, that is, their bad traits are incorrigible. Because of this bad nature: (1) Jews have to be seen not as individuals but as a collective. (2) Jews remain essentially alien in the surrounding societies. (3) Jews bring disaster on their 'host societies' or on the whole world, they are doing it secretly, therefore the antisemites feel obliged to unmask the conspiratorial, bad Jewish character."

You can dress it up as human rights-, or peace activism, but the fascistic usage conditions of the SW promotes hatred and racism. Don’t support it by using or advertising GlovePIE!

this is a quote from GlovePies TOS:

* You may not export this software to Israel, or use it in Israel (including the occupied territories), until Israel has ended its occupation of the West Bank, Gaza Strip, Lebanon, Syria, and anywhere else it may occupy, or until Israel abolishes apartheid (granting all Jews and non-Jews in its territories equal rights). If you try to run it in Israel before then, it will give you an error.

Collective punishment

Human rights organizations and Palestinians claim that some measures claimed by the Israeli Defense Forces to be for security actually constitute undue collective punishment. These include offensive military measures which Israel asserts are targeted at terrorist personnel and facilities, and the significant reduction of electricity to Gaza.

In recent history, supporters of the Palestinians have used the term to label certain Israeli military actions in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, and the Israeli policy of destroying homes of suicide bombers or terrorists responsible for Israeli deaths. Israel stopped using the practice, which dates from British Mandate times, in February 2005. The claim of collective punishment has also been extended to include Israel's extensive system of internal roadblocks and checkpoints in Palestinian land. Israel asserts these are needed to impede terrorist activities.

Many humanitarian organizations have criticized Israel's blockage of Gaza that intensified in January 2008 as a form of collective punishment illegal under the Geneva Conventions to which Israel is a party.[citation needed] The organizations include Amnesty International, Save the Children, Cafod, Care International and Christian Aid.[96] However, some argue the usage of the term "collective punishment" is only a "manipulation of the language of international law"[97] and it has been dismissed by some legal experts [98][99] and commentators [100].

if u are more concerned about Human Rights / Humanity, i'd say take a look at their website about these issues. just if it concerns u that much this thing called human rights.

do you know what really concernes me? your very fast and ourageous use of the word FASCISM. guess what, i looked it up:

What constitutes a definition of fascism and fascist governments is a highly disputed subject that has proved complicated and contentious. Historians, political scientists, and other scholars have engaged in long and furious debates concerning the exact nature of fascism and its core tenets.

Most scholars agree that a "fascist regime" is foremost an authoritarian form of government, although not all authoritarian regimes are fascist. Authoritarianism is thus a defining characteristic, but most scholars will say that more distinguishing traits are needed to make an authoritarian regime fascist.

i guess, i am too dumb to see a commonness between this posts top quotes. if giving critics on something, some nation, or some religion makes one an AntiSomething/Nation/Religion being, then we live in a really sad world where nobody can state his opinion any more without being sued for this for the sake of political correctness. does it makes me being Anti-African when i say what happened back i say what has happened 1994 in Ruanda was simply wrong and should never have happened? compare this:

It exploded in 1994 with the civil war in Rwanda in which hundreds of thousands of Tutsis and moderate Hutus were killed. Tutsi rebels won control, which sent a million Hutus, fearful of revenge, into Zaire and Tanzania. [/url]

or - wait - i must be anti american, cuz i am not only no friend of recent "we bring the democracy to the people" actions, but i also point at americas history of slavery, kidnapping, and peoples-slaughter . but hold - i also must be anti-german, since i say what has happened back in WWII was more than bad enough, but what happened afterwards in many little events such as 1972 in munich and how it was solved was really bad ...
hmmm ... when i think right, i also must be AntiCatholic - just remembering and finding those pages on Census-Resistent-TOR-Network. The websites vanished from internet, just because they tracked catholic priests who were sued for raping lil boys by court and found guilty, i also must be against so many other things, just because i see and read and actually happen to understand what wents wrong, so i am the to be called AntiPerson. Did i mention, that i am also against War, Sexism, gay whales whatsoever?

Laszlo, by criticising ... more by cropping someone's individual rights to express ones free will and opinion, you make yourself guilty in doing the same u critisize the person for ... and are no better.

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

With these words from The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America, IN CONGRESS, July 4, 1776. i will close my lil thoughts about big issues.

regards,
derRaphael

ps: also a nice fit on topic:
FYI
http://en.wikipedia....ights_in_Israel
amnesty-international-accuses-israel-of-grave-human-rights-abuses (Report 2Qt/2008)

Oberon
  • Members
  • 442 posts
  • Last active: Jul 03 2008 11:34 PM

Don’t trust software, which promote political agendas!

Open source software (OSS) and the GPL are among the biggest political controversies in the industry - does that mean we should abandon AutoHotkey because it uses and promotes politics some disagree with? Why should you discriminate and ostracize an individual or group because they don't share your beliefs. Everyone is entitled to their opinions just like you are by choosing not to use this software. Demonstrating abrasive and inflammatory behavior to someone who is sharing their knowledge of freely available tools is unacceptable. You have probably brought Microsoft and Intel products - both have been found to violate antitrust and extortion laws, isn't this worse?

Laszlo
  • Moderators
  • 4713 posts

if giving critics on something, some nation, or some religion makes one an AntiSomething/Nation/Religion being, then we live in a really sad world where nobody can state his opinion any more without being sued for this for the sake of political correctness.

Sometimes it is more important, what you don’t say than what you do. I said, that “Singling out Israel… where these horrible atrocities don’t happen, is just Anti-Semitism”. You can freely use the software anywhere else (except in military bases). Because Carl Kenner wants to look like as someone fighting for justice or freedom, and Israel is the only nation banned, the usage conditions implicitly suggest that the worst problem in the world is Israel. Totalitarian, murderous regimes are not banned. Anti-Semitism is hiding behind the lines, in the missing list of other forbidden countries.

It is not new. The Nazis used this method in the 1930’s, but they did not invent this old, indirect attack.

You can argue that the state Israel is not the same as the Jews, and Jewish people are allowed to use the SW if they cross the border, but this is not, how average people see the issue. Most people identify the state with its citizens, since they have elected their government, and don’t revolt against it.

One can argue that Carl Kenner is just dumb, and does not understand political correctness, the realities and the historical necessities, and he does not mean to be Anti-Semitic. This is why we have to express our disagreement. If he still keeps the current usage conditions, it confirms his Anti-Semitic intentions.

=== ===

Removing my posts from its original thread is actually silencing my critics about the usage conditions of a program. I am not surprised. What else can we expect from this moderator?

derRaphael
  • Members
  • 872 posts
  • Last active: Mar 19 2013 04:42 PM
I can understand his position and why he did like he decided to ... IMHO its tha fact, - and at this point we dont have to argue about what has happened in the past and wherefrom it came - that Israel is being treated as a rather 'western' state and not as a middle-east state.

but when having a look at the western states (except the big and mighty USA who dont need to Kyoto - this is for the rest of the world ... but the Oil in Iraq is quite interesting .. and its such a nice coincidence that this nasty dictator is there around ... who cares that the reasons gives on 1st hand based upon a bad researched students work from yrs ago ... it was the atomic weapon that counted ... the chemical weapons ... and the evil bio weapons ... and the 'fact' that the mighty UBL got hosted there, too
and when marching into that country freeing the poor citizens from the bad dictator and his evil plan to conquer his the world and of course from all his oh so evil and oh so uptodate nuclear warhead (plan)s ... which invasion ... err .. sorry ... rescueing can not be honnored by letteing all those countries companies who sent soldiers participate upon the complete new market in 10% slices or less, cuz the main big piece is of cours - yes u got it right, the main 'rescueing'-party. but what have happened to that plan? at least the oil is secure for the next few decades, but the 'rescued' people strike back ...
the losses after war's end are higher than during war's KIAs. not that it helps the familys of the soldiers ... these poor guys were just doing their job ... dying for the illusion of the american dream - well this for USA .. ) other westener states dont have problems with their neighbour even the guy in north and southkorea keep still. just question where all the financial capital comes from which is needed to build such a high tech secured - and oh so human rights secured, country. btw human rights ... try as a moslem to live there. then we'll what this granted human right state as u'd like to call it actually does for u. i bet u can be happy when u can pass the High Tech Border Wall to get home for supper.

It is not new. The Nazis used this method in the 1930’s, but they did not invent this old, indirect attack.

Yeah - the big bad nazis were to blame again ... and before that it were the antisemit from 19th century ... and b4 that the landlords ... and b4 that ... and b4 that ... and way back b4 it were the babylon citizens. how much more back will u go in time?

when im running around and start calling myself GODselected and i was chosen and all the other here r just ... well not chosen. i am the true god chosen. how long will u tolerate that ? cuz i'll insist on that everytime i get the chance to.

and all my ancestors were actually chosen and preferred by god, too. but all the ppl around treated us like idiots ... at leat i have a name which indicates that god works thru me ... raphael is old hebraic and means god has helped (or is helping) - see? i told ya b4 - im godchosen. U R NOT.

look at the hostory ... look at other religions ... all of them insist being right and the only true one. even FSM. the big bad nazis didnt invent that wheel ... and the romans 2000 yrs ago were just as accidently in early palästina as the us american are in iraq. by mistake. like taking the wrong direction ... have had to turn left two months ago

everybody has the right to believe in whatever one's wish. if it happens u live in a 'western' state and ur believe (right or not) is not state-conform u're screwed. other states are just less indirect ... the principle is the same. if u call it democracy, monocracy, theocracy or whatever-cracy ... true power of controlling people works everwhere the same.

did it ever occur to you, that some of these not that enhanced as israel states who want to build a theocratic state just want to have same right we have?

as a roman catholic u have ur own state! its called vatican and has even its own TLD. now how 'eaqual-right' giving is that? just because vatican is almost 2000 yrs old? that doesnt make it better in any sense. its a state build upon religion ... try being moslem, hindu or whatever there and live there with your family ...

One can argue that Carl Kenner is just dumb, and does not understand political correctness, the realities and the historical necessities, and he does not mean to be Anti-Semitic. This is why we have to express our disagreement. If he still keeps the current usage conditions, it confirms his Anti-Semitic intentions.

yeah - treat him as he is the victim ...
he just cant help it - the society made him what he is now
this is true for all of us. and u have not to be a carl kenner to state your point.
i think, he is pointing at a very important thing in 'western' society at all.
he is reminding us that our so called 'world' which actually just exists in our heads with all its borders is not perfect and far from away it. that is actually is a system basing upon just to get the max out of it as profit and dont need to care for anybody. cuz thats what we're all doing.
everybody of us tries to make his cut.

in one point i agree with u ... it is wrong to point at somone with one finger .. at this moment four fingers point back at you ... but we're pretty good trained to ignore it. and drink a coka for real.

when u really wanted to make the world better like u wrote earlier ... just start right away ... help other people when they want to get help ... dont convince 'em with ur believes just explain kindly ur kind of view.

Removing my posts from its original thread is actually silencing my critics about the usage conditions of a program. I am not surprised. What else can we expect from this moderator?

its been moved, laszlo where it belongs to. to general chat. we move that far offtopic yet that this has barely something in common with a hint for other users to get their wiimote run (as if most 'd care about licenses at all - especially for free stuff) did u ever send a postcard for cardware?

but since u live in the US, u may explain me one thing: how can the US be part of the UN having signed the UN Charta which strictly forbids death penalty and having states where its allowed? i dont get that, i guess i am too dumb for that, too

*headshaking at a sick world*
derRaphael

All scripts, unless otherwise noted, are hereby released under CC-BY

VxE
  • Moderators
  • 3622 posts
  • Last active: Dec 24 2015 02:21 AM

Sometimes it is more important, what you don’t say than what you do.

Sometimes, that's what it takes to derive the meaning you expect to find from an unrelated statement.

As far as Carl Kenner's actual statements go, he is singling out three very specific policies, only two of which are related to the nation of israel.
1: Military applications or use on military bases.
2: Israel's current foreign occupations.
3: Israel's policies in those occupied territories.

So he has beef with a country's foreign policy? Big whoop! Streaching that into antisemitism, racism, and fascism is utterly ludicrous.

Want to argue that Kenner is an idiot? That's easy, since the glovepie website has a $¢ientology link on every page (that's gold-medal idiot qualification right there).

@ DerRaphael: :roll: gone off a bit, eh?

Laszlo
  • Moderators
  • 4713 posts

So he has beef with a country's foreign policy? Big whoop! Streaching that into antisemitism, racism, and fascism is utterly ludicrous.

My point was that banning Israel, and being OK with mass murder or terrorists blowing up children must have a reason.

Want to argue that Kenner is an idiot?

Well, that could be the reason…
In any case, the current usage conditions are Anti-Semitic, masqueraded as opposing the politics of Israel. I did not say Kenner himself was such.

DerRaphael: The issue is not if Israel is right, or the US is right, or the Christians are right or not, but implying that the worst problem of the world is Israel (by being OK with mass murder, terrorism, etc).

[posts from Utilities & Resources] been moved, laszlo where it belongs to. to general chat

I dislike my first two posts removed from the Utilities & Resources section [meant to "Discuss and recommend command-line utilities, helper apps, Internet resources, etc."] They discuss the license terms of recommended SW. We learned the hard way that there is no point of arguing with Titan/Oberon. This is why I cut back my contribution to this Forum: messages are edited, moved around without the consent of their author. You cannot be sure that what you read is what the poster intended.

corrupt
  • Members
  • 2558 posts
  • Last active: Nov 01 2014 03:23 PM
wow DerRaphael, a bit off topic here and there?... Out of curiosity, why was Laszlo's first post here deleted from the original topic? People might be interested in knowing about an unusual license restriction in case they were planning on just clicking, next, next, next, oh look a license - who cares, blah, blah, blah, next, next, etc...

Laszlo
  • Moderators
  • 4713 posts
...and I further dislike that it looks like now, I have created this thread. I have not! This is another gross misrepresentation of my actions. Oberon created this new thread, and assigned me as the initiator, without my consent. Under these circumstances I have to consider further reducing my participation in this Forum.

There seems to be no objective supervision over the moderation of the AHK Forum. I suggest that Titan/Oberon resigns from his moderator role. Otherwise, we should consider creating another Forum. We should not allow that the AHK community be destroyed by a rogue moderator!

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
  • Last active: Jul 29 2016 12:40 AM

I suggest that Titan/Oberon resigns from his moderator role.
We should not allow that the AHK community be destroyed by a rogue moderator!

Ah, when I was saying that about Kosova case, u told me that I sux and that I exagerate.... :roll:

So now.. I guess u all sux.

Plus, u risk another open letter to ahk community and massive BoBo spams as those kind of topics kinda trigger him, and probably some great new star of the evening (*** looking at Oberon *** )

8) :lol:
Posted Image

Laszlo
  • Moderators
  • 4713 posts

Ah, when I was saying that about Kosova case, u told me that I sux and that I exagerate....

I gues "u" means Titan, does it?

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
  • Last active: Jul 29 2016 12:40 AM
U guess wrong :lol:

One of "u" were even ur greatest follower. And even u are one of u, since you say things like: "We should not allow that the AHK community be destroyed by a rogue moderator!" while being pretty much silent when that was not happening to you...

Anyway, I am just passing buy, as always :idea:
Have fun guys, you sure know how to do it....
Posted Image