Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Software & Politics

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic
BoBo²
  • Guests
  • Last active:

and massive BoBo spams as those kind of topics kinda trigger him

I like your attitude. It might not be the most positive on this planet, but its entertaining. Fair enough. Btw, nice you're back 8)

@ Laszlo
does it make sense to boycot a majority of non-idiotic-people to punish a minority of idiots? Why do you think so??

Laszlo
  • Moderators
  • 4713 posts
  • Last active: Mar 31 2012 03:17 AM

does it make sense to boycot a majority of non-idiotic-people to punish a minority of idiots?

It is not boycott, nor punishment. If my posts can be (and are) moved around, new threads created under my name, posts altered, I just don’t feel comfortable to use my real name and contact information. When the moderator power is misused, the whole Forum loses authenticity.

Maybe we should use the German Forum, in a new section: English, or Ausländer?

BoBo²
  • Guests
  • Last active:

English, or Ausländer?

:shock: Wir hatten im Deutschen AHK-Forum ebenfalls (mehr oder weniger heftige) Auseinandersetzungen - was auch Normal sein dürfte. Schließlich handelt es sich bei allen Beteiligten um Menschen. Und diese haben weltweit das gleiche Handicap: Emotions. 8)

Laszlo
  • Moderators
  • 4713 posts
  • Last active: Mar 31 2012 03:17 AM
Die Frage ist: Gibt es auch dort einen Moderator, der Meldungen vershiebt/verfälscht?

Krogdor
  • Members
  • 1391 posts
  • Last active: Jun 08 2011 05:31 AM
Hoffnungsvoll nicht
(my apologies if that doesn't make sense... and if it does, then hurray for online translators)

BoBo²
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Ja, ist vorgekommen. Inwieweit dies mit Absicht geschah, muß dahingestellt bleiben. Dabei ist ein Protest legitim, und führte auch schon zu 'Amtsniederlegungen' von Moderatoren, welche sich ungerechtfertigt der Zensur bezichtigt fühlten.

Ich, für meine Person reagiere empfindlich wenn mein persönliches Recht der freien Meinungsäusserung durch 'redakionellen' Eingriff eines Moderators (zumindest ohne nachvollziehbare Kenntlichmachung) zensiert werden soll.

Ich denke jedoch, das solche Eskalationen 'offline' unter Vermittlung des Admins (Chris Mallett) geregelt werden können (und, bei vermeintlich unberechtigtem Eingriff, auch sollten). Chris hatte bisher immer ein offenes Ohr, um Probleme für alle Seiten zufriedenstellend zu lösen.

Fry
  • Members
  • 885 posts
  • Last active: Jan 17 2011 09:57 PM
@DerRaphael

In your previous posts, you said the big bad nazis were to blame

Here it seems so that you are actually supporting them, saying they're

not to blame. Supporting them would horrendous, since Hitler and his nazis commited genocide. To kill all jews. He almost accomplished that, he killed 78% of all jewish people in Europe.

PS. Arent we on the topic Jewish in Israel

VxE
  • Moderators
  • 3622 posts
  • Last active: Dec 24 2015 02:21 AM

PS. Arent we on the topic Jewish in Israel

The topic seems to have shifted away from "a politically antagonistic software TOS" to "censorship on the AHK forums".

I don't believe that it is logically correct to exactly equate a heritage (Hebrew) with a sovereign state (Israel). Ergo: opposing political policies of the latter (in the GlovePIE TOS) is not sufficient grounds for the conclusion that the software's designer (Carl Kenner) is opposed to Jews or supports any other unspecified policy of any other entity. In other words, it's circumstantial at best.

Obviously, other posters feel differently and the topic seems to have shifted to anti-censorship. And Bobo² seems to understand that people are people and these kinds of things will happen.

Titanik
  • Guests
  • Last active:

There seems to be no objective supervision over the moderation of the AHK Forum. I suggest that Titan/Oberon resigns from his moderator role. Otherwise, we should consider creating another Forum. We should not allow that the AHK community be destroyed by a rogue moderator!

Its too optimistic to believe that AHK author will take moderation role out of Titan/Oberon/Whatever. Titan gives and maintains Autohotkey.NET for free and I guess if Chris has to choose between him and you, it would be him just because of that fact. What you did here is for me far more valuable then some hosting with AHK name on it or few "ultra fast" scripts, but majority of AHK users care more about trivial things then about those that move AHK frontiers into the new domains.

Anyway, you are not the first one to (wish to) leave the forum because of this. It didn't trouble anybody before, including AHK author, and will not start now.

By the way, this is the first forum I know on which moderators post as guests (see Moderator! posts), change nicknames, edit post of others, and do other kind of weird things.

Perhaps a poll to change moderator could be an option, but I don't beleive in it for the same reasons I already wrote above...

Z Gecko
  • Guests
  • Last active:
First, i don´t want Laszlo to leave this Forum.

Second, i think everybody needs to calm down a bit.

I have no personal knowledge of "change nicknames, edit post of others, and do other kind of weird things" that are done with evil intend(that doesn´t mean there are none).

In this special case, i can clearly see on the top post, that it has been split off from another topic. So i don´t think anyone who can read will think, Laszlo has started the discussion. The idea to split of the topic was probably not the best, but i can see no censorship in it. (Especially because my post renewing Laszlos information was not removed nor moved)

On the "not leaving the comment attached to prios thread"-issue i just want to throw in, that the moderator is limited by the BBS-Software. Of course there are alway ways to achieve more than BBS provides you, but maybe the Mod was just lazy or thought that it didnt matter.

On any other other issue of forum-oddness, i just want to note that Forum-Providers can be sued for a lot of things happening in there Forums, so it is probably better to be more restrictive then neccessary than being less restrictive.
And i really would like to know, if someone, whose posts were altered, did contact the moderator personally and ask him to change it back. And if, did these demands were rejected?

I personally think, this is just a piece of lazyness or missjudgement that has been blown up. (If i am wrong, please don´t shout at me, please post some evidence or examples of wrong-doings, so we all, including the mods, can learn from that)

Titanik
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Sorry Z Gecko, but the problem is not going to fade away if you simply calm down a bit.

About your other questions and assumptions I can only say that you are not well informed and some of the things mentioned here are hard to detect by regular/casual public.

On the "not leaving the comment attached to prios thread"-issue i just want to throw in, that the moderator is limited by the BBS-Software

As far as I know, BBS-Software does allow moderation comments.

And i really would like to know, if someone, whose posts were altered, did contact the moderator personally and ask him to change it back. And if, did these demands were rejected?

You probably missed entirely majkinetors case. It was in his signature for a long time and as far as I remember, he published his conversation with AHK author about moderation problems.

I personally think, this is just a piece of lazyness or missjudgement that has been blown up.

I personally think that moderator had to be changed long time ago, but as long as there are people who defend his malice acts he will stay here, and make more sane members leave this place.

Z Gecko
  • Guests
  • Last active:

I can only say that you are not well informed

This is probably the case.

You probably missed entirely majkinetors case.

Totally. I can see nothing in his sig anymore. Could you/someone point me to a link or explain it briefly?

So no more statements from me, until know more.

n-l-i-d
  • Guests
  • Last active:
... don't mix.

:(

corrupt
  • Members
  • 2558 posts
  • Last active: Nov 01 2014 03:23 PM

Under these circumstances I have to consider further reducing my participation in this Forum.

Please don't... I had drastically reduced my participation here and have been recently starting to stop by a bit more often again. It would really stink if you left and if there was now even more BS here than there was before...

Sean
  • Members
  • 2462 posts
  • Last active: Feb 07 2012 04:00 AM

Under these circumstances I have to consider further reducing my participation in this Forum.

Why don't you do it just silently? That's your attitude toward other members, but not then toward yourself? How convenient.