Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Software & Politics

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic
heresy
  • Members
  • 291 posts
  • Last active: Sep 26 2008 10:47 PM
WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU ALL :(

i love this place, and i believe that everyone will.
please clam down, respect, love each other
i'm so sad to see such this thread. moderator should lock or delete this thread if he's wise enough
Easy WinAPI - Dive into Windows API World
Benchmark your AutoHotkey skills at PlayAHK.com

Laszlo
  • Moderators
  • 4713 posts
  • Last active: Mar 31 2012 03:17 AM

do it just silently

OK

daonlyfreez
  • Members
  • 995 posts
  • Last active: Jan 23 2013 08:16 AM
Oh please everybody get off their "high horses"...

Software and politics don't mix, politics generally doesn't mix with anything "communal".

I understand the problems Laszlo has with the GlovePie author's political stance, and I can also understand why some feel this is "legitimate", or atleast "understandable"... I don't. If the author of a software feels so politically motivated that he explicidly states that certain individuals cannot use his software, he makes any "normal" person that falls into that "group" also a "victim" of his view on things.

I can also understand the problems/difficulties with moderating a forum. I've been a moderator of quite some forums myself, including for Fortune 500 companies, and it is a thin line you have to walk to do "everything right" (which is in fact impossible).

Please don't let your personal views distort the "relationship" you have with other coders or users of AutoHotkey.

Too many people have left the forums already (some might have returned, but others have not) over petty things like this. And they are petty things in the grand scheme of things.

Everybody cool down, go for a nice stroll, and remember the value you get from the community here, for free! That should be enough to forget/ignore the differences you might have.

:?
Posted Image mirror 1mirror 2mirror 3ahk4.me • PM or Posted Image

SKAN
  • Administrators
  • 9115 posts
  • Last active:

I have to consider further reducing my participation in this Forum.

Please do not! :(
kWo4Lk1.png

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active: May 02 2019 09:16 PM

Titan gives and maintains Autohotkey.NET for free and I guess if Chris has to choose between him and you, it would be him just because of that fact. What you did here is for me far more valuable then some hosting with AHK name on it or few "ultra fast" scripts, but majority of AHK users care more about trivial things then about those that move AHK frontiers into the new domains.

I did see Majkinators arguements
if what you have said here is the case
be it known i will offer webspace free of charge and a hands off approach for the .net address and hosting of personal pages
i dont know if Titan does everything he is accused of or not but i think he has been a little heavy handed
Chris should know he has options other than to tolerate it if this is true
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

Red Hat Boy
  • Members
  • 121 posts
  • Last active: May 02 2014 06:44 PM
While the battle rages on, I have a dirty two cents in my pocket.

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/9562/retardedrl7.jpg

Laszlo, please don't leave. I can see your point, but I can also see why this doesn't belong in "Ask for Help". Now, maybe Titan should have posted the first post in this topic, explaining that he had split the topic and why. Have you tried talking to him? Well, I don't know what all Titan has done or what some people on this forum have against him. So maybe I should just stay the hell out of it.

Moderator!: the image hurts.. [img] tag removed.

You do not have permission to read this signature...

Laszlo
  • Moderators
  • 4713 posts
  • Last active: Mar 31 2012 03:17 AM
I did not mean to leave the Forum. Although Sean requested me to shut up, I have to clarify it: Reducing my participation means that I try to concentrate on technical (AHK, script related) issues, only, even though Titan falsified technical discussions, too. I also remove my personal data from the registration page, because I don’t want anyone to associate moved, changed posts to me, personally. It can cause problems with my job.

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/9562/retardedrl7.jpg

priceless
you are a beautiful man/it/woman/todler/teenager/whatever
i love you
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

BoBo²
  • Guests
  • Last active:

I was surprised that there haven't been any ('official') complains about that unqualified-image-statement before. :x

corrupt
  • Members
  • 2558 posts
  • Last active: Nov 01 2014 03:23 PM

Moderator!: the image hurts.. tag removed.

Politics are somewhat allowed to be discussed but the [img] tag was removed?? :lol: :shock: :roll:
:?: Is that a semi-polite way of saying...

[img]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g211/ny2ks/warm_cup_STFU.jpg

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
NO REALLY THATS OUT OF LINE

moderator didnt even state which one

how bout the moderator stfu
or have the balls to say who you are
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

corrupt
  • Members
  • 2558 posts
  • Last active: Nov 01 2014 03:23 PM
note to moderator: Posted Image

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
  • Last active: May 20 2019 07:41 AM
In situation like this I would like to share my previous experience:

[*:3ijf39ff] Set your RSS Reader to 0s refresh. You can see some posts only that way as they are quickly removed if they question mod behavior.
[*:3ijf39ff] Moderator! can't edit your signature. (well.... he can .... but he doesn't know how to). Its a great place to share your stories with the world and be sure everybody will see them. 8)
BTW, nice pics, rly :)

Cheers, and have fun as always. I am going to take that warm cup :lol:
Posted Image

Red Hat Boy
  • Members
  • 121 posts
  • Last active: May 02 2014 06:44 PM
:lol:

Majkinetor, you're a legend.

Hmmm...
Somebody thought I was making fun of developmentally disabled people, I bet. Not so. But at least they left the link.

You do not have permission to read this signature...

Moderator!!
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Last active: Nov 05 2010 12:27 AM

Somebody thought I was making fun of developmentally disabled people, I bet.

not exactly. you have effective communication skills. it was just that: for a moment, i imagined that winner being my co-born and i was deeply hurt...
..and also, i couldnt stand the irony.. why use the image of a winner who does not autohotkey and does not understand the words like facism/racism..

But at least they left the link.

you had a valid point.. and i neutralized the link so that people like me ( if there are any in this community ) do not get hurt.
you are a registered member. please go ahead and edit the contents as you deem fit.