Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Software & Politics

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic
tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active: May 02 2019 09:16 PM

Somebody thought I was making fun of developmentally disabled people, I bet.

not exactly. you have effective communication skills. it was just that: for a moment, i imagined that winner being my co-born and i was deeply hurt...
..and also, i couldnt stand the irony.. why use the image of a winner who does not autohotkey and does not understand the words like facism/racism..

But at least they left the link.

you had a valid point.. and i neutralized the link so that people like me ( if there are any in this community ) do not get hurt.
you are a registered member. please go ahead and edit the contents as you deem fit.

um he had put them as he saw fit
and how come no one knows who you are
very funny really
i imagin some real mod who thinks he is clever but is really just an idiot with a keyboard
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

ahklerner
  • Members
  • 1386 posts
  • Last active: Oct 08 2014 10:29 AM

Well, you dont know who Moderator! is because you have been here like 6 months...

and another thing....We are a community here....there are members of all ages on this forum....do not pollute our forum with a bunch of worthless nonsense. telling the moderator to stfu is not really value added material for the forum.
Posted Image
ʞɔпɟ əɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

derRaphael
  • Members
  • 872 posts
  • Last active: Mar 19 2013 04:42 PM

@DerRaphael

In your previous posts, you said the big bad nazis were to blame

Here it seems so that you are actually supporting them, saying they're

not to blame. Supporting them would horrendous, since Hitler and his nazis commited genocide. To kill all jews. He almost accomplished that, he killed 78% of all jewish people in Europe.

PS. Arent we on the topic Jewish in Israel

dear fry, reread my post carefully and please tell me where it looks like im supporting nazis. i am not.

i can understand all those high emotions, but i still think, that its a very personal right to express ones opinion - if u like it or not. by not tolerating each others opinions we drive ourself in a totalitarity which - as we can learn from history of many cases - simply doesnt work. a big majority keeps their mouth shut due the big damokles sword hanging upon their head. either they state their opinion and get sued or they keep STFU and have to agree if they like it or not.

regarding last Human Right Reports on the case Israel occupiying Gaza and other parts of area there and how they despairedly keep fighting for that, provoces people who dont have anything to loose to strike back. all conflicts work like that. i disagree with what extremestic palestinian guys do, but neither i agree with how the state israel reacts upon that.

i also disagree with many other things.

its laszlos personal right to express his feelings about the TOS of GlovePie and also his right to dis encourage others to support it by stating that the TOS give an impression of being very selective. i disagree with that latter part since - when looked at the authors homepage - its becomes pretty clear that he has a rather left politic orientation - meaning that he is convinced of what he is doing. but calling that racism is a farce. it has nothing to do with anti-Semitic harassment nor has it to do with fascism.

putting this discussion about such and expanding the discussion on any mischief any moderator is doing fits IMHO into this topic, though i cannot see a misuse of admin rights when splitting the topic and move it to the appropriate section.

discussions about software and politics simply dont fit into software recommendations but rather into general chat.

may some remember that strong cryptographic software was forbidden to be used outside the united states when being developed there. (hint pgp)

it lasted for years that crypto software being used with greater or equal encryption strength as 128-bit was considered illegal to be used when programmed in the US and used in foreign states, such as germany. nobody spoke of anti-germanism. in that case. this changed in january 2000. luck rest of the world.
have a look here
[ http://en.wikipedia....of_cryptography ]
[ https://www.fortify.net/README.html ]

as a matter of fact some of these restrictions still exists. strong cryptographic software is being considered as munition and therefor its export is being forbidden to so called rogue states.

and nobody complains about that ....

as for privacy - take a look here: [ http://bigbrotherawards.org/ ]

or simply do a googlesearch for "carnivore+email+fbi"
or "echolon project"

the thing is, stuff like GlovePIEs TOS are just small fishes and just make a political statement of an individual. whereas big incidents get accepted by a worldwide community of people ignoring the mistreatment of their very own personal rights of granted free expression, liberty of free speech, privacy etc.

since 911 by all the 'improvements' made from politicians to ensure security of their states i dont feel more secured. i just see how my rights gets cut more each day.

compare the history:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSAKEY
http://www.heise.de/...l/5/5263/1.html

btw, if i were microsoft i'd state the same they did ;)

latest developments:
http://de.wikipedia..../Bundestrojaner
Google translation of that page

greets
derRaphael

edit: please dont tell me, that i dont have to fear anything when i am a brave citizen. your houses have doors, too.

All scripts, unless otherwise noted, are hereby released under CC-BY

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active: May 02 2019 09:16 PM

Well, you dont know who Moderator! is because you have been here like 6 months...

and another thing....We are a community here....there are members of all ages on this forum....do not pollute our forum with a bunch of worthless nonsense. telling the moderator to stfu is not really value added material for the forum.

no quarrel with you
my other point is lack of posts by user name moderator its almost like its an account onf convenient anonomity
and if this was you then i will show respect not because i agree but be cause i have come to respect you
there is not even enuff posts on that account to judge the integrety of the user who uses it
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

ahklerner
  • Members
  • 1386 posts

there is not even enuff posts on that account to judge the integrety of the user who uses it

sure there is...if you read those 22 posts, and use your head(and maybe even the search), you should be able to figure out who it is...

I'll just say that it is not Titan/Oberon/whatever
Posted Image
ʞɔпɟ əɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

corrupt
  • Members
  • 2558 posts
  • Last active: Nov 01 2014 03:23 PM

sure there is...if you read those 22 posts, and use your head(and maybe even the search), you should be able to figure out who it is...

I'll just say that it is not Titan/Oberon/whatever

Although I haven't been around much for a while and/or possibly missed something, I just read the posts and couldn't tell you who that is...

English isn't their first language?

BoBo²
  • Guests
  • Last active:

Jeder kann wütend werden, das ist einfach. Aber wütend auf den Richtigen zu sein, im richtigen Maß, zur richtigen Zeit, zum richtigen Zweck und auf die richtige Art, das ist schwer.

Aristoteles

corrupt
  • Members
  • 2558 posts
Strangely, although rather expected, this topic seems to have gone miles away from what I thought the original discussion was/would have been about.

Although I guess anyone can stick just about anything they want in a software license (you can only use this software if wearing purple spotted underpants while wearing a pink tutu...), should they? ...and if they do decide to go with a license that has a political agenda, should people download and use the software anyway? Also, would the author be able to have the license restrictions enforced?

Personally, when/if I see a license like this I just aim for the recycle bin. This doesn't mean that I agree or disagree with what the author is trying to say but rather that I don't believe that releasing software should be used in this manner.

Who cares what the details are of the political agenda when it comes to software licenses? The author obviously, but why should we have to agree with the author's political opinion in order to use his/her software? I can't speak for anyone else here but I'm not personally interested in discussing the details of the politics in the license...

ahklerner
  • Members
  • 1386 posts
there is only one person on the forum that brings up a certain application that is mentioned in one of the posts. that person also happens to be an active moderator....

I mean, there are only 3 (active)

[Moderator note:...]

[Moderator's note...]

[Moderator!...]
Posted Image
ʞɔпɟ əɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
  • Last active: Today, 07:41 AM
It seems corrupt you "don't have in the head" what ahklearner does :lol:

Actually, talking about it, I must be pretty Rtarded too. I didn't know SKAN is moderator. Such dissapointment... I kinda thought he is cool guy (and cool guys do cool things). So, SKAN, you ask Laszlo not to go now, and you are the one to put him on that position in the first place, while you could simple put the things as they were before, if nothing else, then to endulge the man who learned you a lot and shared his wisdom with you, and the man from which existance here this community got some of the most important things made so far. Nice way to thank him. :?

Luckily for us, there will always be ahkleaner to learn us. :roll:

Reducing my participation means that I try to concentrate on technical (AHK, script related) issues, only, even though Titan falsified technical discussions, too.

Ye, try that.... and I am sorry for things to be this way. Perhaps there are some places in this universe where people are respected for the things they do.
Posted Image

corrupt
  • Members
  • 2558 posts

It seems corrupt you "don't have in the head" what ahklearner does :lol:

:lol: probably not. Especially since I'm in the middle of a 4 day long weekend... My head hasn't really rebooted for the day yet... :lol:

ahklerner
  • Members
  • 1386 posts
makintor
What did SKAN do that was wrong? I think you are barking up the wrong tree here.
He made a decision to remove the img tags from a racy photo... big whoop... I can see where he is coming from. He was thinking along the lines that if his child were 'challenged' it would upset him seeing that. I can totally understand. As I stated before, Autohotkey is used by a wide array of persons from differing backgrounds. It is only being respectful to not show the image.
Posted Image
ʞɔпɟ əɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

trik
  • Members
  • 1317 posts
  • Last active: Jun 11 2010 11:48 PM
You people take everything way to far..
Religion is false. >_>

majkinetor
  • Moderators
  • 4512 posts
  • Last active: Today, 07:41 AM