Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

iSwitchw - cosmetically enhanced edition

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic
dnquark
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • Last active: Jan 03 2011 07:39 AM
This is a great script - just what I was looking for!

My only wish is that the font size could automatically be made smaller so that all open windows fit on the list. Any ideas how one would go about doing this?

SoLong&Thx4AllTheFish
  • Members
  • 4999 posts
  • Last active:

My only wish is that the font size could automatically be made smaller so that all open windows fit on the list. Any ideas how one would go about doing this?

Line 149 says: Gui,Font,s30 cYellow bold,Calibri

so you'll have to start there. You could use the var numallwin (see line 125)
to see if numallwin between 15 and 20 (example) you make s25
if numallwin between 21=30 make s15 etc etc

might work :wink:

icefreez
  • Members
  • 180 posts
  • Last active: May 06 2015 10:08 PM
Great script.

This script works great in combination with nDroid (Launcher and file searcher) and gMote (Mouse Gestures to control windows).

Now I can pull anyone I want out of thin air :)

• Guests
  • Last active:
nICE SCRIPT, SORRY FOR CAPS BUT I CAN'T TURN IT OFF AS THE MENU JUST COMES UP WHEN i PRESS CAPS LOCK.

iS THERE ANY WAY TO MAKE IT SO ANOTHER KEY IS USED INSTEAD OF CAPS LOCK? :)

• Guests
  • Last active:

nICE SCRIPT, SORRY FOR CAPS BUT I CAN'T TURN IT OFF AS THE MENU JUST COMES UP WHEN i PRESS CAPS LOCK.

iS THERE ANY WAY TO MAKE IT SO ANOTHER KEY IS USED INSTEAD OF CAPS LOCK? :)

try ctrl+caps lock

• Guests
  • Last active:

When the script is active the CapsLock key should only activate the script, but it shouldn't toggle caps on.

If it does then it's a bug in Autohotkey.

SifJar
  • Guests
  • Last active:
It gives me an error any time I try to run it,

says

error at line 113

line text : if closedinactive<>
error : line does not contain a recognized action

program will close

Any ideas? I copied EXACTLY.

naveed
  • Guests
  • Last active:
It would If the search worked with alternative keyboard layouts

anc3s
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I wanted to know if there was any way to hide certain windows from the list. I use rocket dock and a multiple desktop program so the two programs "Rocketdock" and "VirtuaWinMainClass" always show up.

SoLong&Thx4AllTheFish
  • Members
  • 4999 posts
  • Last active:

I wanted to know if there was any way to hide certain windows from the list. I use rocket dock and a multiple desktop program so the two programs "Rocketdock" and "VirtuaWinMainClass" always show up.

I have you read the script at all?

; List of substrings separated with pipe (|) characters (e.g. carpe|diem).
; Window titles containing any of the listed substrings are filtered out
; from the list of windows.
filterlist =

Joe Jones
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I am trying to use iswitchw to switch between several pdf's open in adobe and when attempting to open a pdf by typing the name of the pdf' and then enter it selects the task bar item but does not bring up the document.

Note:
in Adobe 7.0 all the open pdf's are opened in one instance of adobe, however there is a setting (Edit->Preferences->General ->"Show documents in task bar", this typically will then show a task bar item for the main window and then a taskbar item for each open PDF, with that being said when I use iswitcherw if I type in the name of the main window "adobe acrobat 7.0" it will display the adobe main window as expected however when I type in the child window "Lewis.pdf" it only highlights it in the taskbar and does not bring it to the foreground. Not only does it not work but once I try using Iswitcher to open a specific pdf (child) it now changes the way adobe works (probably adobe bug), because from then on I can't use a single mouse click on the taskbar to view the specific pdf, the work around is to just double click it however it is weird that this Iswitchw causes adobe to change like that.

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro 7.0.8,

If anyone knows another "switcher type application" to switch between Adobe pdf's by typing title let me know"

davemabe
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I get only a blank window when I use this script. The "Window Switcher" dialog comes up, but it is completely blank.

Any ideas? I tried the original version of this script as well and it did the same thing.

rathkopf
  • Members
  • 14 posts
  • Last active: Jun 23 2010 05:32 PM

I get only a blank window when I use this script. The "Window Switcher" dialog comes up, but it is completely blank.

Any ideas? I tried the original version of this script as well and it did the same thing.

I too only get a blank window. Has anyone had success with this script with Win 7? I'm guessing that is the problem, but I don't have time to debug this now.

Rushdee
  • Guests
  • Last active:
is there anyway someone could add code so that there is a textfield that shows us what we are typing.

alias
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Last active: Apr 07 2012 12:41 PM
Is there a way to change the list sorting to "Z-order", or at least allow the previously active window to be automatically at the top? This would allow the script to duplicate the Windows Alt-Tab functionality when you do a single Alt-Tab-release key sequence (which I find is the only thing I use Alt-Tab for now that I have this script, and that's awesome!), except for having to hit Enter, of course.

If it could do that, I'd replace Alt-Tab completely with this script.

In other words, if I have windows named Firefox, The Bat!, and UltraEdit open, FireFox is currently active, and the previously activated window was UltraEdit, then typing <hotkey>Enter 3 times would alternately activate UltraEdit, FireFox, UltraEdit, etc.

Thanks,

Mark