Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

List Installed Software

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic
tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active: May 02 2019 09:16 PM
here is what i need
I need all installed applications returned in a `n separated format
then as a separate return value all installed windows components
Final part of this request is to disable all internet explorer addons without use of the windows gui.
un fortunately all of these require an ahk only aproach tho i can use vbs in conjunction with ws4ahk by eric the turtle
un fortunately im at a brick wall finding leads and i honestly think im over complicating things

I dont necesarily desire(i would apreciate) :p someone to write a full script for me. point me at the right documentation or some example i have missed will do
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

BoBo²
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Start/Winword/About Microsoft Word/System Info/Export
and
http://technet.micro... ... 97557.aspx
Good luck 8)

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
BoBo² thanks
couple problems your link is for an additional peice of software not an option for my needs
I cant use the gui to get the info i need this must be aquired thru ddl calls or scripting access to some windows component that can return the values i need.
this script is part of a troubleshooting process that would be run across hundreds of corp users desk tops and they simply wont leave flickering gui windows alone
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

BoBo²
  • Guests
  • Last active:
The BGInfo tool is able to detect its info in hidden mode + the data can be transfered directly to a db (as far as I can remember) no flickery flackery :wink:

[How can I get system information from the command line?Details about cmdinfo + systeminfo.

I've no doubt that you can make it with plain AHK (well, I can't). So it's JM2€Cs 8)

BoBo²
  • Guests
  • Last active:
[Using WMI for Inventory Management]

BoBo²
  • Guests
  • Last active:

A completely new version of the famous Scriptomatic, the utility that writes WMI scripts for you. (And, in the process, teaches you the fundamental concepts behind writing WMI scripts for yourself.) Unlike its predecessor, Scriptomatic 2.0 isn’t limited to writing just VBScript scripts; instead, Scriptomatic 2.0 can write scripts in Perl, Python, or JScript as well. In addition, Scriptomatic 2.0 gives you a host of new output formats to use when running scripts, including saving data as plain-text, as a stand-alone Web page, or even as XML. Scriptomatic 2.0 handles arrays, it converts dates to a more readable format, and it works with all the WMI classes on your computer; on top of all that, it also writes scripts that can be run against multiple machines.

[More..]

It's from Microsoft + Freeware.

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
its not about money
installing or downloading any non ahk based app is simply not an option
I apreciate your enthusiastic desire to help

But please save yourself the effort of posting any more options that require any download of non ahk scripts or products
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

Sean
  • Members
  • 2462 posts
  • Last active: Feb 07 2012 04:00 AM
✓  Best Answer
You may use EnumInstalledApps COM.
COM_Init()
peia :=	COM_CreateObject("{0B124F8F-91F0-11D1-B8B5-006008059382}",0)
Loop
	If	DllCall(NumGet(NumGet(1*peia)+12), "Uint", peia, "UintP", pina)=0
		DllCall(NumGet(NumGet(1*pina)+12), "Uint", pina, "Uint", NumPut(1,NumPut(VarSetCapacity(ai,80,0),ai))-8), COM_Release(pina)
	,	sInst.=	A_Index . ":`t" . COM_Ansi4Unicode(NumGet(ai,8)) . COM_CoTaskMemFree(NumGet(ai,8)) . "`n"
	Else	Break
COM_Release(peia)
COM_Term()
MsgBox % sInst

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
Perfect Sean
ever the genious you are :p

now all i have left to do is autodisable all addons in IE
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

Sean
  • Members
  • 2462 posts

now all i have left to do is autodisable all addons in IE

If disabling IE addons is the only purpose, I don't think you have to know all the installed applications. And as far as I can tell the only known/exposed method to disable them is via registry:
<!-- m -->http://msdn.microsof...y/bb688194.aspx<!-- m -->

BoBo²
  • Guests
  • Last active:

But please save yourself the effort of posting any more options that require any download of non ahk scripts or products

Yes master! 8) Erm, just for the records systeminfo & WMI won't have to be installed as both are (or should be) available with XP (but I might be wrong). I'm aware that Sean & friends would come up with some geeky code to get it done (TBH, I always bet that that happens). So my slightly annoying attempt was for the noobish (voyeuristic) crowd, those who have to use third arty apps to get it done. Have phun :D EOT

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
and your attempts were great for the record
I am just so very limited in the methods i can use
if i had my way i would have used your suggestions
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

ahklerner
  • Members
  • 1386 posts
  • Last active: Oct 08 2014 10:29 AM
that does not mean you should tell someone not to post links.....maybe someday someone will be searching and one of those tools will be the answer they were looking for.....maybe not your answer, but someone elses.
just my 2 cents. (im too lazy to look up the little cent sign)

BTW: I had to update to the newest com.ahk....the msgbox was blank before that.
Posted Image
ʞɔпɟ əɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
@ahklerner
:oops: Sorry dad :p
No seriously i understand your statement. but as you know im terribly simple minded and was afraid of getting distracted. :?:
¢ <!-- m -->http://www.nationalf...ml/char-asc.htm<!-- m -->
has any one seen my villiage im sure they are lookin for me :D

@Sean thank you for the incredibly useful lead i will post what i come up with as a result

@BoBo i sure hope you didnt really take me as being upset at ya if so here is a formal "I'm sory"

Sometimes i just download it fresh once a month for fear of missing an exciting new feature :p

I wonder if Sean might consider posting a lastupdate date next to the link in the thread
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

Sean
  • Members
  • 2462 posts

Sometimes i just download it fresh once a month for fear of missing an exciting new feature

I always post in the thread whenever there is a feature change. Otherwise, the change is just streamlining the internal functions used, which should not affect the functionality. The last change was that COM_Init/COM_Term was defaultly set to OleInit... instead of CoInit... and COM_OleInit... were removed as they have never been called.

That's intriguing. The change on COM_Init/COM_Term should not do any difference in this case. Maybe it's an issue of OS. Which OS, Vista? I'm using XPSP3.