Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Pre-1.0.15 Changes

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic
Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Fixed the Progress command so that a window will be created even if no options are specified.

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
  • Last active: Jul 17 2015 07:45 AM
Is it possible to make progress bar remove the spacing between the title bar & progress bar if the main text is not provided?

by the way any specific reason for the format requiring subtext before main text?

here's a script that shows a progress bar showing progress when the script is reading a text file. :)

file = E:\stuff\clock.htm

Progress, w250h55,, %file%, Reading...

FileGetSize, size, %File%
loop, read, %file%
{
        StringLen, len, A_LoopReadLine
        ifequal, len, 0, setenv, len, 1
        len += 1.0
        len /= %size%
        len *= 100
        total += %len%
        Progress, %total%
}
Progress, 100

Sleep, 100

MIA

CleanNews.in : Bite sized latest news headlines from India with zero bloat

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

Is it possible to make progress bar remove the spacing between the title bar & progress bar if the main text is not provided?

That's a good idea, thanks.

by the way any specific reason for the format requiring subtext before main text?

The text elements are in reverse order because the bottom ones are more frequently used than the top ones, i.e. the subtext in a typical operation would change more often than the main text (which might even stay constant the whole time).

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
I forgot to mention that bars make good volume indicators too. I'm using one for mine.

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts

I forgot to mention that bars make good volume indicators too. I'm using one for mine.

nice idea!

MIA

twwilliams
  • Members
  • 23 posts
  • Last active: May 07 2010 09:01 PM

How are you controlling the volume in AutoHotKey? I'm curious to see how you might be doing that because that's something I was thinking of putting together. Right now, to toggle muting, I run control mmsys.cpl,,0, wait for the window to appear, then Alt-M to toggle mute and Enter to accept the change and close the window. This is something I wrote in AutoIt2 and have had around for a while.

But I would love to be able to control the volume and/or muting without popping up the control panel.
Tommy

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
there are these commands too
SoundGet, SoundSet, SoundGetWaveVolume, SoundSetWaveVolume

MIA

twwilliams
  • Members
  • 23 posts
  • Last active: May 07 2010 09:01 PM
Well, what do you know. I had no idea that AHK had that built in. Thanks for pointing it out.
Tommy

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
More changes have been applied to the Installer at http://www.autohotkey.com/download (I couldn't help working more on the Progress command, it's addicting):

Improved the Progress command with new options:
- Automatic window height (if unspecified).
- Specify font name and size.
- Specify bar thickness and color.
- Better control over margins and layout. [thanks Rajat]
- Have just a naked progress bar with no window visible around it.
- Omit the bar entirely to use the window to present text in a chosen font/size (makes a good replacement for SplashText).

Improved SplashTextOn and Progress so that their windows are not hidden when the main window is minimized.

Improved FileGetTime and FileGetSize so that they work on files that are in use, and so that they don't change the file's last access time.

beardboy
  • Members
  • 443 posts
  • Last active: May 27 2017 08:41 AM
Progress bars are sweet. Very nice font features. Great job as always.

thanks,
beardboy

Beastmaster
  • Members
  • 191 posts
  • Last active: Apr 23 2007 02:58 PM

But I would love to be able to control the volume and/or muting without popping up the control panel.

Just to provide some commandline parameters:

sndvol32.exe /s ; small
sndvol32.exe /r ; recorder
sndvol32.exe /t ; tray

... and maybe of some interest the [Mixer Browser Utility]

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
More changes have been applied to the Installer at http://www.autohotkey.com/download

Fixed "Menu, MyMenu, Show" so that the menu can always be canceled by clicking outside of it. [thanks Rajat]

Relaxed the restrictions on the following commands so that they can run in their simplified parameter mode even when used in a subroutine called from their parent loop's body: RegRead/Write/Delete, FileAppend, FileGet/SetAttrib, FileGet/SetTime, FileGetSize/Version.

A compiled script can now be decompiled (if you know the password) via Exe2Ahk. [thanks Jon Bennett]

Improved and changed the Progress command:
- The ZC (bar color) option has been renamed to CB. Please change your scripts accordingly.
- Colors for font and window background can now be specified. [thanks Rajat & beardboy]
- The 16 primary HTML color names can now be optionally used in place of hexadecimal colors.
- Slightly changed the window's vertical margins: when there is no bar, its top margin is now ZYn rather than 2 times Zyn. In addition, when automatic window height is in effect, the ZYn margin is reserved at the bottom of the window, which makes the SubText look a little nicer.

Added text-to-HTML conversion via "Transform, OutputVar, HTML, Text". It translates characters whose ASCII values are above 127 to their HTML names (e.g. £ becomes £). In addition, the four characters "&<> are translated to "&<>. Finally, each linefeed (`n) is translated to
`n

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts

Added text-to-HTML conversion via "Transform

I'm working on a script for automating webpage updation check. this might be usable there. unimportant changes like visitor counters or advts won't be taken as page update in that script.

MIA

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
A small change has been applied to the Installer at http://www.autohotkey.com/download

Improved ToolTip so that more than one tooltip window can be created. [thanks Rajat]

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
thanx a WHOLE LOT!!

:D

MIA