Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

How to detect if there is no sound (music is finished)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I like to listen to StumbleAudio, but it expects me to vote on the pieces, so it stops after playing each song.

Is it possible to detect from an AHK script if the music is finished (the computer is silent), so I can click from the script automatically for the next song?

• Guests
  • Last active:
Huh? No answers?

Thought it would be a trivial question for the experts. Is it really that hard to detect sllence?

• Guests
  • Last active:

Huh? No answers?

Thought it would be a trivial question for the experts. Is it really that hard to detect sllence?

It maybe a trival question, but I think there is not a trivial solution. You might be better of detecting the "expects me to vote" screen/text/address.
I think this abiltiy to detect audio/no-audio has been discussed in this forum before, without any solution.

• Guests
  • Last active:

You might be better of detecting the "expects me to vote" screen/text/address.

Actually, I would be better of not having to do pixel hacking to find out if the piece is finished, if sound detection worked. :)

But if it's impossible then I'll have to search for pixels I guess.

jaco0646
  • Moderators
  • 3165 posts
  • Last active: Apr 01 2014 01:46 AM
ToneDet is the only solution I've ever seen on these forums.

garry
  • Spam Officer
  • 3219 posts
  • Last active: Sep 20 2018 02:47 PM
other ideas to listen music (not your solution)

a small internet radio freeware standalone listen/record
<!-- m -->http://www.screamer-radio.com/<!-- m -->

another idea with soundplay xy.mp3
<!-- m -->http://www.autohotke... ... heckifdone<!-- m -->

n-l-i-d
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Probably possible with WMI or DirectSound (not easy, I guess).

HTH
1. Read the tutorial and try the examples. -> 2. Take a look at the command list to get an idea of what you could do. -> 3. Create your script. Consult the documentation and the FAQ if you get stuck. -> 4. Search the forum if you need help or examples, method 1 (forum), method 2 (site), method 3 (Google). -> 5. Post your code on the forum in the "Ask for Help" section if you still run into problems (but read this first). -> 6. There is more AHK on autohotkey.net and the Wiki and there is an AHK IRC chat.

Lemming
  • Members
  • 184 posts
  • Last active: Feb 03 2014 11:03 AM
Not sure why you want to take the more difficult route when there are easier ways such as image detection, windows detection or program detection. Ahk is well-suited for these kinds of detection, and there are already copious amounts of code avail for these.

Relevant commands include ImageSearch, IfWinActive, IfWinExist, Process, WinWaitActive, WinWait, et al.

Huh? No answers?