Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Popcorn Movie Catalog (v1.0.4) - An unfinished project...

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic
Gauss
  • Members
  • 203 posts
  • Last active: Jan 27 2012 12:49 PM
If there is a movie listed and then you delete that movie itself on the hard drive, relaunching the script will still list that deleted movie even though it has been deleted from the whole computer, that's why rescan/recheck on startup would be a solution.
But man, this is a cool project, one of the most useful I cam across, keep improving it.

Delusion
  • Members
  • 272 posts
  • Last active: Jul 13 2014 09:04 PM

If there is a movie listed and then you delete that movie itself on the hard drive, relaunching the script will still list that deleted movie even though it has been deleted from the whole computer, that's why rescan/recheck on startup would be a solution.
But man, this is a cool project, one of the most useful I cam across, keep improving it.

oh i see...

i havent came across this problem because i have never deleted a movie...i keep everything :D

ill see if i can make something to monitor it
QuickSubs | Popcorn Movie Catalog
All my scripts are just in AutoHotkey v1.0.48.05

Delusion
  • Members
  • 272 posts
Just uploaded v2.1.4
fixed a few bugs

* fixed problem when deleting movies...they now delete normally from the list
* when you add a new movie and no type or quality is selected, "-" is added instead of blank
* added a simple subtitles search (i made this for some Greek friends...but maybe others can find a use of it too)
* and some other small tweaks :)

rootey
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • Last active: Jul 27 2010 12:16 AM
Hey Delusion, I really like your script.
As for suggestions:
1)I tried Auto add entries from folder (beta) - this worked, but had to reload script for the entries to show.
2)An options box, so that you could add a custom Type or Quality, or remove items from dropdown lists.
3)In the main window, you can select multiple items, it would be really cool to be able to change the Type for all of them, rather than one by one.
4)Would be great to be able to colour a row based on it's type/quality. Maybe you could use LVA (list view with colors) <!-- m -->http://www.autohotke...pic.php?t=43242<!-- m -->
Overall, I really like Movie Launcher, and I will use it

Delusion
  • Members
  • 272 posts

1)I tried Auto add entries from folder (beta) - this worked, but had to reload script for the entries to show.

yeah i just saw that little problem..thanks for pointing it out...will be fixed in the next version

2)An options box, so that you could add a custom Type or Quality, or remove items from dropdown lists.

this might come but not yet...i still got other things in mind but yeah there will be such an option in some future version

3)In the main window, you can select multiple items, it would be really cool to be able to change the Type for all of them, rather than one by one.

im already trying to figure out how to change multiple items...currently im trying to make it so that multiple items can be deleted...but its not so easy

4)Would be great to be able to colour a row based on it's type/quality. Maybe you could use LVA (list view with colors) <!-- m -->http://www.autohotke...pic.php?t=43242<!-- m -->

iv tried to add it long time ago....but it only caused me problems so i thought i leave it out of the script...and i dont think its really needed

thanks for your suggestions :)

Delusion
  • Members
  • 272 posts
New Version v2.1.5 is Up!

* Fixed a small bug on Auto Add Entries from Folder
* Fixed small bug when Searching Movies on IMDB
* Fixed the Bug where Not All Movies where Added back if you Backspaced too fast in the Search bar
* Changed Main Gui Layout
* Added Some Info About the Movie on the Statusbar
- Displays Movie Size in MB
- Displays if there are any .srt Files in the same Folder with the Movie
- Displays the Time the file was created which is in most cases the Time the Movie was Downloaded
* Some Small Changes in the Subtitle Search (also added a hotkey for it too <<Ctrl+S>> )
* Added some Links for watching Movie Trailers
* Changed the Drop Down Lists in the ADD and EDIT gui to Combo Boxes
- Custom Movie Types and Qualities can be Added now
- Also Added an Incremental Search to those Combo Boxes so you can select items from the list quicker
* Added a simple Fade Out Effect when Closing the Script (only tested on windows vista)

Next version will propably take a long time to come...because i got alot of things to do.But main thing i want to focus at is at modifying/deleting multiple stuff...hope i can get it done
any suggestions you have just tell me ;)

kudos2011
  • Guests
  • Last active:

I very much agree with Gauss' post. Updating entries is key where movies move in and out of directories. (e.g., ML is great for keeping track and quickly launching short videos that I've taken on trips. There's a whole bunch sitting in separate subdirectories and finding and launching the right one is a snap with ML. But these files change constantly.)

I think it would be particularly handy to at least have the option to re-scan added directories to check for added and deleted files (and potentially modified files), and adjust the ML list accordingly.

Gauss
  • Members
  • 203 posts
  • Last active: Jan 27 2012 12:49 PM
So it only loads divx or what?
What about Video_ts, image files?

• Guests
  • Last active:
Gauss I manually added mkv to the list of supported filetypes, you could probably do the same fairly easily. Open the script in textpad and do a search for .avi, there's a few instances, then add whatever filetype you want to the list of supported filetypes.

• Guests
  • Last active:
Also, as great as this script is it really needs to rescan the directories automatically on a fairly regular basis. I'm new to coding and AHK but i'll see what I can figure out.

Delusion
  • Members
  • 272 posts

Also, as great as this script is it really needs to rescan the directories automatically on a fairly regular basis. I'm new to coding and AHK but i'll see what I can figure out.

im currently working on an update and have done some improvements and new stuff already
i am also trying to implement something to scan directories
maybe something like this <!-- m -->http://www.autohotke... ... atchfolder<!-- m -->

what i would like is scanning the directories in the background and highlight the ones that dont exist or have changed with red color using LVX <!-- m -->http://www.autohotke... ... vx&start=0<!-- m -->

but im not that good at ahk either so any help is appreciated

mpeg
  • Guests
  • Last active:
using LVX and in cell editing would be great

• Guests
  • Last active:
awesome script, I like it a lot.

a couple of things

Is it possible to add a group/folder/tree function so when a television series is listed, it doesn't take up so much space unless expanded?

using drag and drop, can the movie title default be a trimmed version of the filename?
ie, everything after the last backslash, and before the last 4 digits (.avi)

Delusion
  • Members
  • 272 posts

Is it possible to add a group/folder/tree function so when a television series is listed, it doesn't take up so much space unless expanded?

could be possible...but i havent found anything similar on the forum and i doubt i can code something like this on my own

using drag and drop, can the movie title default be a trimmed version of the filename?
ie, everything after the last backslash, and before the last 4 digits (.avi)

yeah thanks for reminding me this ...i had it in mind some time ago and it will be in the next version...i just added this :)

but im afraid the next version will take a while...theres so many things that need to be made and others that need to be fixed

Delusion
  • Members
  • 272 posts
ok heres a pre release test version of what i have right now :

:arrow: <!-- m -->https://ahknet.autoh... ... d2.1.6.zip<!-- m -->

what has changed from the last version

* name has been changed to "Popcorn" its better than Movie Launcher i think
* you can now have multiple lists.rightclick on the dropdown list (its still buggy)
* multiple entries can be deleted now
* the script now uses an ini file to save lists and other options
* added 2 subtitle synchronisers
* added always on top option in tray menu
* main gui gets disabled now if one of the other guis is called
* added some cue banners
* replaced anchor with attach
* added hotkey to toggle play/pause on media player
* added an avi & srt renamer (select an avi file and an srt file and press the hotkey to rename the srt file same as the avi)
* added LVX (this is buggy too)
theres propably more things that i have added or improved but i cant remember all of them right now

there are many bugs and i could really use some help...dont have so much time anymore to work on this project but i dont want to cancel it either