Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Popcorn Movie Catalog (v1.0.4) - An unfinished project...

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic
Gauss
  • Members
  • 203 posts
  • Last active: Jan 27 2012 12:49 PM
Well, I try to search for movies and this is all I get
Posted Image

Delusion
  • Members
  • 272 posts
  • Last active: Jul 13 2014 09:04 PM

Well, I try to search for movies and this is all I get
Posted Image

"Launch Movie" comes up when you doubleclick on a movie
are you sure you have set the path to the movie correctly?
if the path is wrong this message will come up
QuickSubs | Popcorn Movie Catalog
All my scripts are just in AutoHotkey v1.0.48.05

irosan
  • Guests
  • Last active:
When i download the files, i become a Virus warning. The files have a Trojaner inside: TR/Dldr.Vxidl.8

Gerakon
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • Last active: Aug 08 2013 04:15 PM
Hi Delusion,
If you already have some way of doing this, could you please explain?
I love the script, but I have one feature request that would make adding imdb data much simpler. It would be nice if there was a way to do a "mass imdb add".

What would be nice is if I could click a button or menu selection called "Mass imdb query" or something and have it go through each entry that doesn't have an imdb link in popcorn one at a time. it could open the web browser to the search result page (same as it does now) on imdb and then I can click on whichever the right one is. Then while I'm on that page I hit a hot key, ctrl+alt+S for example. Popcorn could copy the current url and store it. Popcorn could then automatically do a urldownloadtofile and scrape the rest of the data and picture from the file and store that as well. It could then go on to the next entry in popcorn that doesn't have an imdb link and repeat the process.

The whole process for the user would consist of "click link" "ctrl+alt+S" "click link" "ctrl+alt+S" cataloging each movie entry would 5-10 seconds each. Could maybe also add a different hotkey if you want to skip that entry (if imdb doesn't have an entry or something).

I realize this is not a small request, but I think it would be a great addition to your program.

Please let me know if you already have something similar that makes this process easy, or if you need clarification on this thought.

Thanks,
Gerakon

guest1234
  • Guests
  • Last active:
ok i am knw to this downloaded the program how do i get the movies? sorry dont know much about programming.

Delusion @ guest
  • Guests
  • Last active:
@ Gerakon
this is really good idea thanks for your suggestion.but unfortunately im working in another country at the moment and i have no time to work on it for the next few months.
but i will definately look into it when i get back

@ guest
what do you mean? this is a movie database.you cant download movies from it

panofish
  • Members
  • 179 posts
  • Last active: Apr 24 2014 03:24 PM
When I run popcorn, I get a listener window and nothing else appears or happens.

paulmeister
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Last active: Mar 01 2012 01:07 AM
I'm not able to run Popcorn as Norton picks up the .dll as a virus:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Scan type: Auto-Protect Scan
Event: Security Risk Found!
Security risk detected: Trojan.Gen
File: G:\PopcornDB\Source\data\res.dll
--------------------------------------------------------------------

:(

SKAN
  • Administrators
  • 9115 posts
  • Last active:

Norton picks up the .dll as a virus:

Can you please confirm the status with my recompiled copy :arrow: res.dll ( VirusTotal scan result )

capbat
  • Members
  • 191 posts
  • Last active: Feb 08 2017 06:57 PM
I have extracted the exe file and when I run it.
I get first a Virus Notification but this might be a false positive. wellknow with AHK.

And then I get the.
Local Variables for MI_ExtractIcon()

and extended file of all variables...
Tried on XP and W7 OS same results.

Please advise.

Bat

• Guests
  • Last active:

I have extracted the exe file and when I run it.
I get first a Virus Notification but this might be a false positive. wellknow with AHK.

And then I get the.
Local Variables for MI_ExtractIcon()

and extended file of all variables...
Tried on XP and W7 OS same results.

Please advise.

Bat

which version of autohotkey are you using?

Morpheus
  • Members
  • 475 posts
  • Last active: Oct 21 2014 11:08 AM
Delusion - The download links at the top of the first page are broken. Is there any way that I could download the latest source and have a look? Your project looks interesting, and I hate to see you give up on it.
Any code that I post will be for AHK Basic.
I'm not always right, but I still try to help.

Delusion
  • Members
  • 272 posts

Delusion - The download links at the top of the first page are broken. Is there any way that I could download the latest source and have a look? Your project looks interesting, and I hate to see you give up on it.

thank you for your interest :D i thought no one is interested anymore..
i dont have the old source anymore but i will release a new version in the near future.i completely rewrote it from beginning
if there is something specific you are looking for maybe i can help you

its the same project but with different approach.everything that the old one has will be in the new version also but slightly different and improved.
im trying to make it simple and easy to use without sacrificing anything

it will still be just for ahk basic....i need to fix a few things that are necessary before releasing it
if you have any suggestions or something you would like to see in the next version please tell me and i will see what i can do

heres a small preview :

Posted Image

Gerakon
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • Last active: Aug 08 2013 04:15 PM
I still have an interest in your project as well. I've been checking every few months to see if there's anything new. I had started a project myself a few months back, assuming that you may not be coming back to the project, but I didn't get to the more difficult parts yet.

I'm still interested in seeing the faster db lookup that I had suggested before and I'm interested to see how your search feature works. It would be great if it searched all fields so that if you wanted to see all the movies that had a specific actor, or you could even use it to search genre. Then maybe you wouldn't need the column on the left unless I'm misunderstanding the image a bit. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Delusion
  • Members
  • 272 posts

I still have an interest in your project as well. I've been checking every few months to see if there's anything new. I had started a project myself a few months back, assuming that you may not be coming back to the project, but I didn't get to the more difficult parts yet.

I'm still interested in seeing the faster db lookup that I had suggested before and I'm interested to see how your search feature works. It would be great if it searched all fields so that if you wanted to see all the movies that had a specific actor, or you could even use it to search genre. Then maybe you wouldn't need the column on the left unless I'm misunderstanding the image a bit. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

to be honest i havent even worked on a faster imdb lookup yet and im not sure if i will add something like that right now..i really dont have any time at all..i wasnt even planing to release the rewrite of the script...i intended to keep it for personal use only
in my opinion its too much work for something i dont really need.

this is how the adding window looks right now :

Posted Image

you can put there a title or an imdb id and download the informations
there is also automatic adding video files of a folder like in the last version but it doesnt download more informations about the movie..if someone can help with that i would be very gratefull

my search feature searches all fields and you can search by actor genre or whatever you like.keywords from imdb are also downloaded and you can search that also
the column on the left is more like a quick filter.you just click on it and it filters the movies.its also possible to add some custom filters so that you wouldnt have to type it in the search box all the time.
but if you dont like that and it takes up too much space for you, you can just hide that whole window

if you have some other suggestions i would like to hear them and you can also send me the project you started if you want.maybe i will find something usefull
some of my ideas im trying to take from <!-- m -->http://www.emdb.tk<!-- m -->