Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

List of planned features finally available

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic
Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
The elusive list of planned features is finally done. For now, it includes only the highest priority items: http://www.autohotke...dingChanges.htm

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
  • Last active: Jul 17 2015 07:45 AM
wow its finally here!

by the way i thought some items were forgotten that i see on the list now! :)

MIA

CleanNews.in : Bite sized latest news headlines from India with zero bloat

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
  • Last active: Jul 17 2015 07:45 AM
my votes for:
Process Commands
GUI capabilities
Dynamic commands
Pause Timers
SetTimer *and* Hotkey thread priority (can it be possible to alter process priority?)
Enhanced SplashTextOn
Joystick: Simulation
SplashImage
KeyWait (this should be more resource-friendly than a loop)
and some more..

SendRaw
Chris, do you think it'd be considerable to have a command that converts all the spl characters in a variable to literal and vice-versa? this'd take care of this 'SendRaw' too (by combining this cmd and Send)... also it'd be helpful wherever we've to use similar conversions (right now its done by a series of StringReplaces)

A built-in command to trim whitespace (and perhaps any chars of choice) from the beginning and/or end of a variable, perhaps using style similar to the parsing loop.

is this really reqd seeing that it can easily be done using StringReplace?

MIA

CleanNews.in : Bite sized latest news headlines from India with zero bloat

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

have a command that converts all the spl characters in a variable to literal and vice-versa

That's a interesting alternative, I'll let you know.

is this really reqd seeing that it can easily be done using StringReplace

It can't easily be done with StringReplace because that would change the chars that occur in the middle too. Currently, both ends can be trimmed by assigning to a variable, but that's not very flexible.

Nemroth
  • Guests
  • Last active:
My votes (essentialy) go to :

auto-replace (of course...)
GUI capabilities
If var [not] in a,b,c (a set of comma delimited strings)
Dynamic commands
Improve the reliability of the Send command
SendRaw
A simple select/switch/case structure
KeyWait, Keyname, ...
Extending SetTimer
Better handling for ALT hotkeys
Allow a blank var to be considered false/true.
Allow long lines to be divided into separate lines
Double-deref
Enhance ControlGetText or ControlGet to work on ...all... controls

It don't mean that the other features are of no interrest for me, but the above are those who seems the most important for me...

Jon
  • Members
  • 349 posts
  • Last active: Aug 30 2011 08:35 PM
GUI capabilities would be good.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Thanks for sharing your preferences, they will help me decide which to work on first.

jamestr
  • Members
  • 98 posts
  • Last active: Jul 03 2008 12:30 AM
My vote is for:

Allow Pause to work while the script is idle, at least if it has timers

PixelWaitColor: Waits for a pixel to change color (BeastMaster).

The ability to detect which part of a window (e.g. title bar or scroll bar) the mouse is hovering over so that hotkeys can be made more context sensitive.

:idea: ----MbuttonTitleBar:: RbuttonMenuBar:: etc.

ProcessExists / ProcessClose / Priority, etc. (Payam and others)

A built-in command to trim whitespace (and perhaps any chars of choice) from the beginning and/or end of a variable, perhaps using style similar to the parsing loop.

Joystick: Support for prefix+suffix keys but all on joystick (no keyboard/mouse combinations since most people have both hands on the joystick anyway)?

:idea:----Most PC flight sims have dozens of keyboard commands (engine, radar, weapons, targeting etc, so one needs to have a hand on the keyboard most of the time. For me, a keyboard prefix ( <+joy1:: ) would be more useful than ( joy1 & joy2:: ). I have already remapped my joystick buttons (logitech drivers) to output keyboard keys, so this is not a priority for me anyway.

Improve the reliability of the Send command and perhaps MouseClick/Move

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

----MbuttonTitleBar:: RbuttonMenuBar:: etc.

I was thinking more along the lines of adding a new parameter to MouseGetPos to report which part of the parent window the mouse is hovering over. You could then use this info to make context sensitive hotkeys as described in the FAQ.

But you may be right: something more intrinsic might be better. Or maybe have both, for flexibility.

Most PC flight sims have dozens of keyboard commands (engine, radar, weapons, targeting etc, so one needs to have a hand on the keyboard most of the time.

That's good info and I've made a note of it, thanks.

jamestr
  • Members
  • 98 posts
  • Last active: Jul 03 2008 12:30 AM

I have already remapped my joystick buttons (logitech drivers) to output keyboard keys, so this is not a priority for me anyway.

I think I'll take back the above comment!

I had mapped numpad1-6 to my joystick buttons using the logitech drivers, so i could create "virtual joybuttons" (<+numpad1, ^numpad2, etc) using AHK.

This does work as I stated above, (gameport interface, BTW not USB) but I noticed that the more detailed flight sims, already use almost every keyboard key, including the numpad keys.

So having AHK directly support +joy4:: ^joy5:: etc would be quite helpful.

here is a link to the keyboard layout for MS Flight Simulator (dozens of hotkeys).
http://63.217.28.218...sc/FS02keys.zip