Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

One Hotkey to Toggle between show/hide desktop

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
BookwormDragon
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • Last active: Jun 06 2013 03:51 PM
I am trying to use Win + Space to toggle between WinMinmizeAll & WinMinmizeAllUndo.
When I hit the Hotkey the first time, I want it to invoke WinMinimizeAll, and when I hit it again, I want it to invoke WinMinimizeAllUndo.
I have tried several different ways of doing this without success. I've run out of ideas to test! Here's what I tried last:
#IfWinNotActive, Program Manager
#Space::WinMinimizeAll
#IfWinActive, Program Manager
#Space::WinMinimizeAllUndo
So far, the first part, minimizing the windows, works. But when I hit the hotkey again with all the windows minimized, nothing happens. I have carefully read the command list several times, but haven't found a solution. Is this even possible? If so, what would you suggest to make it work?
Thanks for your help.

jaco0646
  • Moderators
  • 3165 posts
  • Last active: Apr 01 2014 01:46 AM
Your script works fine for me. Note that minimizing all windows does not activate the desktop (Program Manager). If that's what you want, you have to explicitly activate it.
#IfWinNotActive, Program Manager
#Space::
WinMinimizeAll
WinActivate, Program Manager
return

#IfWinActive, Program Manager
#Space::WinMinimizeAllUndo

BookwormDragon
  • Members
  • 15 posts
Yes! Now it works perfectly! Thank you so much!

purloinedheart
  • Members
  • 538 posts
  • Last active: Sep 22 2014 09:35 PM
#Space::#d
?

BookwormDragon
  • Members
  • 15 posts

#Space::#d
?

The problem is that the default #d clears the entire desktop, showing only wallpaper & shortcuts. I use Rainmeter & CD Art Display, and I want those to remain visible when I show the desktop. This way, they do.
Besides, I'm using #d for something else.