Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

v1.0.35 released: DateTime, MonthCal, and UpDown controls

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic
Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Important: Some internal changes were made to the Send command. If any of your scripts rely on the subtle differences between the left, right, and neutral modifiers keys (Control, Alt, Shift, and Win), it is recommended that they be retested prior to adopting this version.

Here are the changes for v1.0.35:

Fixed the Send command's inability to send AltGr characters (such as "\" and "{" on the German keyboard) to apps that don't allow Ctrl+Alt as a substitute for AltGr.

Improved functions to support optional parameters.

GUI:

Fixed Tab controls' g-label to launch when the page is changed via keyboard navigation. Also, controls added to a Tab control while the window is visible are drawn correctly.

Improved Edit controls to support g-labels, which notify the script when an Edit's contents have changed.

Added control types DateTimeand MonthCal, which allow a date and/or time to be entered in various formats.

Added control type UpDown, which is a pair of arrow buttons that can be clicked to increase or decrease a value.

http://www.autohotkey.com/download/

For the next major release, the primary focus will probably be on adding a ListView control.

toralf as guest
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Dear Chris,
The new g-label for Edit and the UpDown are features I was looking for. :)
And I assume the DateTime and MonthCal will be very useful, if needed.

But when the ListView is coming, it will feel like christmas. :) Can't wait to get it. Although it will force (allow) me to change several of my GUIs. :)

Many thanks for the greate program and the excellent documentation.

niwi
  • Members
  • 140 posts
  • Last active: Feb 04 2013 02:51 PM
Hi,

But when the ListView is coming, it will feel like christmas. :) Can't wait to get it. Although it will force (allow) me to change several of my GUIs. :)

Me too. :-)
Is it possible to add icons to a ListView control? Or do we need another control for this?

Many thanks for the greate program and the excellent documentation.

Yes, that's true.

Regards, NiWi.

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
  • Last active: Jul 17 2015 07:45 AM
congratulations on another feature packed update!

besides the gui additions, i appreciate the optional params to functions too... very nice!

btw will the limitation on global arrays be removed (it is not currently possible to declare a dynamic variable such as global Array%i%.) or it has to stay because of some limitation? i'm talking abt the non-assume-global mode.

MIA

CleanNews.in : Bite sized latest news headlines from India with zero bloat

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

Is it possible to add icons to a ListView control? Or do we need another control for this?

I think it's possible, but I don't know enough about it yet. Although it probably won't be built into the next version, you might be able to do it with DllCall and SendMessage.

will the limitation on global arrays be removed (it is not currently possible to declare a dynamic variable such as global Array%i%.) or it has to stay because of some limitation?

Yes, there are design notes about how it might be done. But since it's fairly complex, cost-benefit (code size vs. usefulness) seemed to indicate that it should be deferred for a few months. You probably know that you could have an assume-local function call a small assume-global function to create such an array more easily. Also, if all the elements of the global array already exist, a function can access them dynamically (but not directly) without having to declare them.

dijiyd
  • Members
  • 87 posts
  • Last active: Oct 22 2005 01:29 PM
Oooh... nice. That setTimer scheduling thing would go great with this.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Here are the changes for v1.0.35.01:

Fixed GuiControl, , MyRadio|MyCheckbox, NewText, which was broken in v1.0.35. [thanks ranomore]

Fixed shorthand style "if not VarName" so that VarName may start with B, C, I, or N.

Reduced the size of each compiled script by about 5 KB (by means of omitting non-essential syntax checking).

Improved GUI Hotkey control to notify the script of changes via g-label.

Added modal/owned dialogs for GUI windows: MsgBox, InputBox, FileSelectFile, and FileSelectFolder.

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM
Owned dialogs are great thanks.

corrupt
  • Members
  • 2558 posts
  • Last active: Nov 01 2014 03:23 PM
Nice additions (especially the optional params for functions) :) . Thanks :) .

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Thanks for the feedback.

By the way, v1.0.35.02 has been released to fix my screw-up. This set of bugs affect only compiled scripts:

Fixed Break/Continue syntax errors and other compiled script bugs introduced in v1.0.35.01. [thanks ranomore]

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Here are the changes for v1.0.35.03:

Fixed the inability to create DateTime and MonthCal controls on OSes older than XP.

Added a new method of breaking up long lines: A line that starts with "and", "or", ||, &&, or a comma is automatically merged with the line directly above it.

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts

A line that starts with "and", "or", ||, &&, or a comma is automatically merged with the line directly above it.

why so many ways? ... IMO this'd lead to ambiguity.. wouldn't just && or comma suffice?

MIA

JBensimon
  • Members
  • 167 posts
  • Last active: May 08 2017 10:25 PM

why so many ways?

I'm guessing because the various continuation indicators (and, or, ||, && and ,) are part of the continued statement, i.e. Chris gives you the ability to break a statement at a new parameter (,) or at the next clause of a long multi-clause boolean statement (||, &&, etc.)

Jacques.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Yes, that's correct. Perhaps the help file needs clarifying (if you've read that section, let me know if it's misleading).

When programming, I use this method all the time to break up long lines and it seems quite natural and readable once you get used to it. By comparison, the bracketed continuation section is clumsy if all you want to do is add one extra line beneath the first.

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts

Chris gives you the ability to break a statement at a new parameter (,) or at the next clause of a long multi-clause boolean statement (||, &&, etc.)

so i understand, but besides comma, wouldn't && be enough?

MIA