Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

v1.0.35 released: DateTime, MonthCal, and UpDown controls

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic
Decarlo110
  • Members
  • 303 posts
  • Last active: Feb 12 2006 02:15 AM
i think line-splitting using Boolean operators as leading markers, is a useful and good idea. The "," and "&&" wouldn't be sufficient unless you altered the Ahk source code to parse a combination of "," and "&&" into an equivalent for OR (which i will not attempt any time soon, lol). The && equivalent for AND, and || equivalent for OR, had already been there a long while, and not just introduced in 1.0.35.03, so i guess it made sense to give those the same functionality in line-splitting as well. :)
1) The Open Source Definition http://www.opensourc...ition_plain.php

2) Intuitive. Logical. Versatile. Adaptable. <>

JBensimon
  • Members
  • 167 posts
  • Last active: May 08 2017 10:25 PM

besides comma, wouldn't && be enough?

Well, || also gives a different useful place at which to break a long string of boolean clauses. I personally won't use the and and or alternatives because a line that starts with a word won't jump out to the eye as being a continuation as obviously as one that start with a symbol, but that's a matter of taste.

Hey, Rajat, what the heck are you doing chatting here? Shouldn't you be off somewhere working on the SmartGUI update that handes Calendar, DateTime and UpDown controls?! :D [By the way, if I haven't said it before, that is one superb program! As amazed as colleagues to whom I've shown AutoHotkey have been, SmartGUI is what usually steals the show, ... and the "GUI stealer" feature is a guaranteed standing O!! :) ]

Jacques.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
v1.0.35.04 has been released to fix expressions so that operators without spaces around them, such as x*y*z, always produce correct answers. [thanks Mark Kantor]

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
  • Last active: Jul 17 2015 07:45 AM

Hey, Rajat, what the heck are you doing chatting here? Shouldn't you be off somewhere working on the SmartGUI update that handes Calendar, DateTime and UpDown controls?! :D

i'm working on it. will try to post it soon.

MIA

CleanNews.in : Bite sized latest news headlines from India with zero bloat

JBensimon
  • Members
  • 167 posts

i'm working on it

I was of course just pulling your leg -- please don't rush on my account! :-)

Jacques.

Rubberduck
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  • Last active: Jul 30 2005 12:17 AM
@JBensimon

"Pulling your leg" is this a special english phrase.
I tried to translate it with google (into german) but got
no good translation.

@rajat: Yes, no chatting, no posting, go to work. :D :D :D
Wer keine Antworten hat muss nicht dumm sein,
dumm ist nur der welcher keine Fragen hat.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Here are the changes for v1.0.35.05:

Fixed "Gui +OwnDialogs" to not get turned off by "Gui Show" and other sub-commands.

Fixed ahk2exe's ignoring of last parameter when /out, /icon, and /pass were all specified. [thanks Rajat]

http://www.autohotkey.com/download/

The following has also been clarified in the help file:

An if-statement that contains an expression is differentiated from a non-expression IF such as If FoundColor <> Blue by making the character after the word "if" an open-parenthesis. Although this is usually accomplished by enclosing the entire expression in parentheses, it can also be done with something like if (x > 0) and (y > 0). In addition, the open parenthesis may be omitted entirely if the first item after the word "if" is a function call or an operator such as "not" or "!".

AGU
  • Guests
  • Last active:
@Rubberduck
Always a good tip for a translation. LEO

Leo says: to pull s.o. leg

btw. I answered you post in the german forum. :)

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Here are the changes for v1.0.35.06:

Fixed Send on NT4 so that AltGr keys such as "\" in French are sent properly (broken in v1.0.35). [thanks Nemroth]

Fixed "SetCapslockState off" when the OS allows Capslock to be turned off only via the SHIFT key. [thanks Teddy]

Improved line merging: 1) A line starting with "." is automatically appended to the line above it; 2) Comments and blank lines may exist between continuation lines without affecting the merger.

Added directive #LTrim as a means to make multiple continuation sections use the LTrim setting.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
For v1.0.35.07: Fixed Control (^) hotkeys that send AltGr keystrokes such as "{" in German. (broken in v1.0.35). [thanks Hajos]

JBensimon
  • Members
  • 167 posts
Farewell v1.0.35.06, we barely knew ye! :cry:

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
For v1.0.35.08: Fixed the inability of a script's first line to be "/*" (broken in 1.0.35.06). [thanks Harmless]

I think this recent spate of breaking and fixing things is nearly over. The script loading code dates back two years and has become something much more elaborate and fragile than it used to be. It was easily broken in hard-to-detect ways by the line continuation features.

Also, the AltGr key present on some keyboards has been an ongoing source of problems because it introduces complexities and interdependencies that plague not only AutoHotkey, but other open source projects as well.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Here are the changes for v1.0.35.09:

Fixed MonthCal and DateTime controls so that a g-label does not interfere with the calendar's arrow buttons. [thanks guivho]

Fixed the sending of AltGr characters so that AltGr's automatic LControl events don't trigger hotkeys. [thanks Laszlo]

Changed the behavior of AltSubmit MonthCal controls to address deficiencies. Please adjust your scripts accordingly.

This release also includes a draft version of the ListView control. Although you can create these controls with the following example, they do not yet support g-labels or output variables. Thus, their use is limited.

Gui, +Resize
; Currently, vMyListView option in the following line serves only things like
; the GuiSize label further below:
Gui, Add, ListView, vMyListView w400 r10, First Col|Second|Third|Fourth|Fifth
Gui, Add, Row,, One|Two|Three|Four|Five
Gui, Add, Row,, One|Two|Three|Four|Five
Gui, Show
return

GuiSize:
if ErrorLevel = 1  ; The window has been minimized.  No action needed.
	return
; Otherwise, the window has been resized or maximized. Resize the control to match.
NewWidth := A_GuiWidth - 20
NewHeight := A_GuiHeight - 20
GuiControl, Move, MyListView, W%NewWidth% H%NewHeight%
return

GuiClose:
ExitApp

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Here are the changes for v1.0.35.10:

Fixed Hotstrings and Input so that the user's press of Ctrl+Alt as a substitute for AltGr is not disrupted. [thanks Laszlo]

Fixed A_TimeSinceThisHotkey to not be altered by GUI threads.

Added OnClipboardChange, which is a label launched automatically whenever the clipboard changes. [thanks ApplePie]

This release also includes improvements to the alpha-test ListView control:
- Submit and GuiControlGet retrieve a pipe-delimited list of selection numbers.
- A G-label may be assigned to detect selection changes and double-clicks.
- The options Sort, -Multi, Checked (to have checkboxes), and Choose (to pre-select) are supported.
- Text and background colors are supported; e.g. cBlue, BackgroundEEEEEE
- GuiControl +AutoCol will autosize the columns (typically used after the rows are added). Also, +AutoColH will size according to header text instead of row contents.
- The numeric styles and messages documented at MSDN ListView are generally supported. Some of these will become built-in features in future releases.

See the previous post for an example of how to create a ListView.

Although the control is more useful now, this is an alpha-test feature and thus subject to change until the release of 1.0.36 (probably within the next 5 days).

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
  • Last active: Jul 17 2015 07:45 AM
ListView looks really good Chris!
if possible could u please post an example to show icons in it using dllcall/style options?

MIA

CleanNews.in : Bite sized latest news headlines from India with zero bloat