Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Moving the mouse to a specific text string on a page.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
Nevins
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Last active: Sep 08 2014 05:15 AM
Posted Image

I'm trying to make a script that copies the data from this page to the clip board then pastes it into an excel spreadsheet. While I can do that by just using x & y coords it doesn't make the program very portable. I was wondering if there is some way to select the data I need and select and click the text string "Next >" on the page in place of doing a mouse click x y.

So my question is: Is it possible to use a find text string within a firefox or ie browser and click the next button?

(note: the hyperlink for the next button is not static and there are an unknown amount of pages to scan. Only by scanning and not finding the text string "Next >" will this program know when to end it's main loop.)

evan
  • Guests
  • Last active:
pixel search for blue only in the middle section
then just click the output x,y

Nevins
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Last active: Sep 08 2014 05:15 AM
Thank you. I'll work on it.

Frankie
  • Members
  • 2930 posts
  • Last active: Feb 05 2015 02:49 PM
✓  Best Answer
The better way to do this would be URLDownloadToFile and a parsing loop. No clicking on the window, no pixel search, can be done without opening the site in your browser. If your interested post the link or send it to me in a PM.
aboutscriptappsscripts
Request Video Tutorials Here or View Current Tutorials on YouTube
Any code ⇈ above ⇈ requires AutoHotkey_L to run