Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

v1.0.48 released: Runs up to 3x as fast. Adds while-loop.

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic
SamuelPlentz
  • Members
  • 19 posts
  • Last active: Oct 11 2011 11:25 PM
Great release! Thanks.

I have one wish for a long time now. I also program in C++.
I would like to be able to write stuff like:
Variable=Test
if(Variable=="Test") msgbox,Test
else msgbox,!Test

But I have to write:
Variable=Test
if(Variable=="Test")
 msgbox,Test
else msgbox,!Test

Wouldn't this be easy to change? You just have to count Braces and look for strings. Or am I wrong?

jaco0646
  • Moderators
  • 3165 posts
  • Last active: Apr 01 2014 01:46 AM
If you're just looking to save lines, it's even shorter with a ternary.
Variable=Test

MsgBox,% (Variable=="Test") ? "Test":"!Test"

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
It also seems difficult to support such a syntax due to its ambiguity with implicit (dotless) concatenation.

SamuelPlentz
  • Members
  • 19 posts
@Chris
Mh I don't get the point. What implicit (dotless) concatenation do you mean? Can you give an example?

@jaco0646
Thanks, I know this example could be made shorter. It was just an example. I also like the easy readability of ifs.

fincs
  • Moderators
  • 1662 posts
  • Last active:

@Chris
Mh I don't get the point. What implicit (dotless) concatenation do you mean? Can you give an example?

He's referring to:

a := "Hello "
b := a "World"
MsgBox % b "!"

SamuelPlentz
  • Members
  • 19 posts
Ok but why would this lead to ambiguity?
Can you give also an example for this?

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
"if (expression) something" is ambiguous because depending on how you look at it, "something" could either be concatenated onto "expression" or be the IF's action. There is more explanation of dotless concatenation at <!-- w -->www.autohotkey.com/docs/Variables.htm#concat<!-- w -->

SamuelPlentz
  • Members
  • 19 posts
Now I understand the problem.

Would be nice if you could add braces to the exceptions of implicit (dotless) concatenation. As you have some exceptions for them right now. (+, ++, -, etc)

Please :)

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
It is already documented than an open-brace may appear to the right of if (expression). The if-expression page says: Unlike an "else" statement -- which supports any type of statement immediately to its right -- an if-[expression]-statement supports only a "{" to its right.

In addition, braces are illegal in expressions; so the program should display an error dialog upon launch if you try to use braces in anything other than if-expression.

ruespe
  • Members
  • 567 posts
  • Last active: Dec 01 2014 07:59 PM
Thanks, thanks, thanks to chris and lexikos. It's fantastic.

The only other thing from Lexikos' that I wish was in this one is the #If hotkey modifier, but it's still very nice to see an official update :D

Hopefully that and some of the other features will be added in the next major release, or maybe a sooner, minor one.

...and this would be even more fantastic. The earlier thew better. The #If-modifier is one of the most helpful things for me. And I like the idea, that you both work on the same AHK. :D

halweg
  • Members
  • 127 posts
  • Last active: Jul 06 2015 06:54 AM

I have one wish for a long time now. I also program in C++.
I would like to be able to write stuff like:

Variable=Test
if(Variable=="Test") msgbox,Test
else msgbox,!Test
Wouldn't this be easy to change? You just have to count Braces and look for strings. Or am I wrong?

Concerning this, please Chris, never change AHK in a way so that
var=Test1
IFEQUAL,     var,test1,SETENV, temp, % my_func1(my_parms)
ELSE IFEQUAL,var,test2,SETENV, temp, % my_func2(my_parms)
ELSE                   MSGBOX, !Test
wouldn't work.
I like this "one line comparisons", they are the only way to easly and readable add conditional commands in a multi condition situation.
The SETENV is also important due to the possibility to add function calls on the same line.
Posted Image

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Here are the changes for v1.0.48.01:

Changed: For Windows Vista and later, hotkeys that include the Windows key (e.g. #a) will wait for LWin and RWin to be released before sending any text containing an "L" keystroke. This prevents such a hotkey from locking the PC. This behavior applies to all sending modes except SendPlay (which doesn't need it) and blind mode.

Fixed A_LoopFileExt to be blank for any filename having no extension but a period in its pathname. [thanks Yek-Toho-Tua].

Fixed the assignment of integers that are 19 or 20 characters long to work as they did prior to v1.0.48. [thanks Laszlo & Lexikos]

Fixed function definitions to work properly inside a block. [thanks rmarko]

Improved performance of A_Index in expressions by treating it as an integer rather than a string.

Improved performance of "if var [not] in/contains". [developed by Lexikos]

Improved ListLines with an option to turn line-logging Off or On. [thanks kenomby & ruespe]

jenn
  • Guests
  • Last active:

Here are the changes for v1.0.48.01:
Improved ListLines with an option to turn line-logging Off or On.

Hi, Chris
Thanks for adding ListLines On/Off Now, how about a "A_ListLines" variable?

I have started using ListLines On/Off in functions where I either want to see or not see the function lines. The obvious problem is that when exiting a function that uses this, there is no current way to know what the ListLines On/Off state was when entering the function.

• Guests
  • Last active:
A question. If i turn listlines off, is there any performance gain?

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:

Although the benchmarks of this version seem to be a few percent worse than the previous version, putting "ListLines Off" near the top of the script makes the benchmarks a few percent faster than the previous version. So maybe it balances out.

Source: AutoHotkey Forums: ListLines - turn off/on