Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

System Tray Options

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
beardboy
  • Members
  • 443 posts
  • Last active: May 27 2017 08:41 AM
I noticed that when I run a compiled script that I only get 3 options when I right click on it in the System Tray

Suspend Hotkeys
Pause Script
Exit

But if I run the script not compiled I get more options. I'm not sure if this is something that should be added to the wish list, or if I'm just not aware of how to do it, but I liked with AutoIt how if I double clicked on it I could see what the program was currently doing. This is very helpful with debugging which I know I could do by just running the script, but a lot of my programs are put on other PC's that I don't have AutoHotkey installed on.

thanks,
beardboy

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
I disabled the other options for these reasons:

1) So that the EXE could be distributed without users being able to see the author's script source code (the List Lines feature of the main window would allow them to see it).

2) The line numbers shown by "List Lines" for a compiled EXE might not be correct if the script uses any #include directives. This is because at the time of the compilation, the included files were merged in with the main script to form one big script.

One possible workaround is to assign a hotkey such as this one. It will show the main window even from a compiled script (though some of the menu items in the main window, such as "Edit This Script", will have no effect:
^6::ListLines

Let me know if that seems like enough. If it's not flexible enough (i.e. sometimes you run more than 1 script simultaneously, and thus their hotkeys might conflict), what I can do is add an option such as #AllowMainWindow. You would need to add it to any of your compiled scripts where you want to allow the user to open the main window (and thus be able to view the source).

beardboy
  • Members
  • 443 posts
  • Last active: May 27 2017 08:41 AM
The #AllowMainWindow would be a nice addition because I usually have two or three programs running on some PC's. I did originally like when I first started using AutoHotkey that it wasn't easy for users to see the script source code, but then when I wanted to look at it myself the option wasn't available by default with a compiled EXE.

I don't think any option is ever a bad thing because people always have different preferences on how they like to do things. :)

When you get the System Tray Options idea I had done, I could always create a Right Click option that prompted for a password that if the right password was specified would then use the ListLines command.

thanks,
beardboy

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Ok it's on the list.