Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Icon Viewer v6 + Lite v2

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic
toralf
  • Moderators
  • 4035 posts
  • Last active: Aug 20 2014 04:23 PM
I got it.

Regarding the STOP line break: I will change this in the next release.

Regarding the all icons in a folder: it will be tricky to implement it into this script. It needs a big makeover. But you could combine it with Titans request. A user could select a file or a folder and will see what he's selected.
If you like, make a mod.
If I find time, I'll do it.
Ciao
toralf

I use the latest AHK version (1.1.15+)
Please ask questions in forum on ahkscript.org. Why?
For online reference please use these Docs.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
The script works great. I noticed some slight unreliability when clicking icons in the top part: sometimes the bottom part wouldn't update. I believe this was being caused by too many "H" (HotTrack) events being received, so I disabled HotTrack in today's v1.0.30.04. I also fixed the tile view bug you reported.

One thing that might be too minor to fix: I tried the script on one PC with 800x600 resolution and the window is little too tall to fit (the bottom buttons are cut off). You could either have the window adjust the ListView heights based on A_ScreenHeight or simply document that it requires 1024x768 or higher.

toralf
  • Moderators
  • 4035 posts
I have updated the first post.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll test AHK when I have the latest installed.

@AGU
@Titan
I have added a lite version for your needs. :)
Ciao
toralf

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM
Nice one :)

autohotkey.com/net Site Manager

Contact me by email (polyethene at autohotkey.net) or message tidbit

toralf
  • Moderators
  • 4035 posts
@Titan, you are welcome

@Chris: I tested the latest AHK (.04). Seams to work better. But I noticed another strange behaviour. It can be seen easily with the lite version. When you start the GUi and scan the shell32.dll the default view mode is small icons. There are 4 columns with icons.
When I switch to List I can see 5 columns.

But when I switch to Icon and back to small Icons, suddenly there are 9 columns and when I switch to List 10.5 columns.
I do not know if that is by design or if it would need some special LV_ModifyCol().

Another thing I noticed. LV_ModifyCol("","AutoHdr") doesn't seam to work. I wanted to apply AutoHdr to all columns. But I had to use it individualy for each column. Would it be possible to apply/allow this for all columns?
Ciao
toralf

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
  • Last active: Jul 17 2015 07:45 AM
i checked it out... its awesome! very nice work!

MIA

CleanNews.in : Bite sized latest news headlines from India with zero bloat

AGU
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Fantastic. That's the real iconviewer for me. So why do blame it as a "lite" version. ;):D That poor little thing. May I propose the name "IconViewer - lazy edition" :lol:

I think it was already mentioned, but some kind of recognisable progress would be fine. Either a counter that tells how much icons he found so far or a progress bar, so that you can see the loop is still working.

Oh, and what about the predefined listview mode. Wouldn't "icon" instead of "small icons" be the better choice. Assuming I start the iconviewer then I'll probably do it, because I'm looking for a good icon. Therefore I need to see the big icons, needn't I. Hmm, ok maybe it's a matter of taste.
Just like the question if predefinded "folder" option instead of "file" option is the better way. Cause I don't want to scan "shell32.dll" all the time I start my Iconviewer - lazy edition"

Last but not least, thanks for your great work and the special edition for me and Titan. :)

toralf
  • Moderators
  • 4035 posts
Hi AGU,

Thanks for the ideas.

I only post the script. How you name it on your PC and what default values you give it, is up to you. It is only some few lines you have to change. So please customize it as you like.

But the idea of a counter I will add soon. The text in the lower left corner of the listviews will be updated during the search, not only at the end of the search. I think that this is enough information on the progress. I do not want to have to much pop up stuff, nor do i want to add another control.
Ciao
toralf

toralf
  • Moderators
  • 4035 posts
I updated the first post. I didn't increase the versions since the cange is so minor.

- Both: Text in lower left corner of listview is updated during search to indicate progress
- Lite: the "Icon" view mode is set as default.
Ciao
toralf

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

But when I switch to Icon and back to small Icons, suddenly there are 9 columns and when I switch to List 10.5 columns.

I can reproduce this behavior. It is apparently caused by the control itself, so I'm not sure why it changes the spacing between icons sometimes but not others.

I do not know if that is by design or if it would need some special LV_ModifyCol().

Although I don't think the concept of columns applies to views other than report/details, there are some other concepts and messages that do apply but that are not yet built into the program. For example, here is one I tried on the Viewer Lite script, but it didn't seem to do anything:
Gui +LastFound
SendMessage, 4118, 0, 0, SysListView321   ; 4118 = LVM_ARRANGE

; Values for the second parameter (wParam):
; LVA_DEFAULT             0x0000
; LVA_ALIGNLEFT           0x0001
; LVA_ALIGNTOP            0x0002
; LVA_SNAPTOGRID          0x0005
More about LVM_ARRANGE: http://msdn.microsof... ... rrange.asp

Also of possible use is LVM_UPDATE (I already tried applying the LVS_AUTOARRANGE style and by itself it didn't change the behavior): http://msdn.microsof... ... update.asp

I wanted to apply AutoHdr to all columns. But I had to use it individualy for each column.

This is by design. The code size for ListView is already 3 KB (compressed) so it seemed best to omit convenience features if they seemed likely to be rarely used.

toralf
  • Moderators
  • 4035 posts
Thanks for clarifying. Good job you did on ListView. Thanks for this greate program
Ciao
toralf

badmojo
  • Members
  • 204 posts
  • Last active: Jul 23 2014 01:39 AM
reviving an old thread...

toralf, how about command-line support? can i pass an exe or dll file to the compiled version of this script? i've been trying but so far no luck...

badmojo

toralf
  • Moderators
  • 4035 posts
Just add these lines to the Lite version at line 39 (before the first "Return")
;If script is started with a filename as parameter, use it as if it was selected in the GUI

If (%0% <> 0) {

GuiControl, ,ScanItem, %1%

Gosub, BtnScan

}

*not tested*
Ciao
toralf

badmojo
  • Members
  • 204 posts

Just add these lines to the Lite version at line 39 (before the first "Return")

wow, it works! even with folder names (minus the trailing slash). thanks-a-lot, friend... ;-)

regards
badmojo

badmojo
  • Members
  • 204 posts
i spotted an erratic behaviour here. when i scanned a certain folder, IconViewer returned the same image for all the icons in the same folder. I've attaching a scrn-shot with the IconViewer and Explorer side-by-side... any solutions?

fyi, using AHK 1.0.42.07

Posted Image