Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

InfoToolTip

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like InfoToolTip? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like InfoToolTip?

1. Yes (9 votes [81.82%])

Percentage of vote: 81.82%

2. No (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote
HotKeyIt
  • Moderators
  • 7439 posts
  • Last active: Jun 22 2016 09:14 PM

I have updated InfoToolTip to use TT library and compacted the ToolTip information.

InfoToolTip.png

robertcollier4
  • Members
  • 141 posts
  • Last active: Jun 28 2019 01:05 AM

I have updated InfoToolTip to use TT library and compacted the ToolTip information.

The update is calling both TT() and ToolTip() both!!!! Which does it use now? TT() or ToolTip()? Either way even if you include both it does not work.

The update just simply does not work. Here are steps I followed:
1. Copy pasted the 12.05.2013 code from 1st post to a file named InfoToolTip.ahk
2. Downloaded TT.ahk, _Struct.ahk, RemoteBuf.ahk
3. In InfoToolTip.ahk, added:
#include TT.ahk 
4. In _Struct.ahk, changed "#Include <sizeof.ahk>" to "#Include sizeof.ahk" (I want this to be portable, I do not want to have to add things to my AutoHotkey install folder).
5. In TT.ahk, added:
#include RemoteBuf.ahk
#include _Struct.ahk
Struct(Structure,pointer=0,init=0){ ; For AHK_L v2 replace this line with Struct(Structure,pointer:=0,init:=0){
  return new _Struct(Structure,pointer,init)
}
WHEW. Okay finally time to try running. ERROR:

Error:  Call to nonexistent function.
Specifically: ToolTip("",lParam,"")

WM_NOTIFY(wParam, lParam){
  ToolTip("",lParam,"")
}

If I try to then also include ToolTip.ahk, then:

Error in #include file "TT.ahk":
     The following variable name contains an illegal character:
"P=1"
---> 104: %A_LoopField% := 1

"P=1" is not a valid argument to TT()

So many confusing things such as Struct() used someplaces, _Struct() used other places. TT() used some places, ToolTip() used other places. Still does not work! This is like Microsoft DLL hell. What happened to the days where you could download something and double click on it to run? You make great tools, but please do not make the user have to jump through 5 hoops and fixing inconsistencies like _Struct() vs Struct() just to try your program. If you could provide a ZIP download of InfoToolTip that works (and runs portably), would be much appreciated. As of now the code seems broken because it is mixing TT() and ToolTip() syntax together and trying to pass a "P=1" Option to TT().

Also, in the spirit of minimalism - the "Exit" link isn't really necessary when there is already a "X" in the top right.

HotKeyIt
  • Moderators
  • 7439 posts

Sorry for all confusion :(

I have removed the ToolTip... lines these were not necessary.

The Close Button only hides InfoToolTip, you can then reopen it by pressing Win + Q.

Exit link will exit the program completely.

robertcollier4
  • Members
  • 141 posts

Sorry for all confusion sad.png
I have removed the ToolTip... lines these were not necessary.
The Close Button only hides InfoToolTip, you can then reopen it by pressing Win + Q.
Exit link will exit the program completely.

1. But now without the WM_Notify the display of the Config screen does not update when you change a setting. 

2. Also, "P=1" does not parse in the Options parsing loop. Thus this script does not even load.

Here are all the files put together which you can run to see the 2 problems:
InfoToolTip-notworkingexample.zip (Run InfoToolTip.ahk).

Thanks, I know this is an old script - but it really is quite good. In my opinion once working should be included in AutoHotkey as replacement to AU3_Spy.exe. I love the way I can easily and quickly copy the data I need from InfoToolTip.

HotKeyIt
  • Moderators
  • 7439 posts

TT.ahk has been updated now, sorry again for any confusion.

With regards to WM_Notify, you can see TT will override OnMessage(0x4e,"TT_OnMessage") anyway so it is really not required.

Please try with updated TT.ahk and let me know if it works now.

robertcollier4
  • Members
  • 141 posts

TT.ahk has been updated now, sorry again for any confusion.

With regards to WM_Notify, you can see TT will override OnMessage(0x4e,"TT_OnMessage") anyway so it is really not required.

Please try with updated TT.ahk and let me know if it works now.

Thanks. the main window is working now.

But when you click on a setting in the Settings dialog - the window doesn't update to show that the setting has changed. (Though the setting does get changed, but to see the setting as changed you have to close the settings dialog and open it again). Old version of InfoToolTip using ToolTip() would refresh and show the setting as changed immediately without having to close-reopen.

Files put together with portable includes: InfoToolTip-settingslinksdontupdate.zip

Guest10
  • Members
  • 1216 posts
  • Last active: Oct 30 2015 05:12 PM

numerous error messages etc nice if all packaged into a working zip out of box. ;)