Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Min2Tray v1.7.9 - minimize window to tray & much more!

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic
TheCoach
  • Members
  • 14 posts
  • Last active: Oct 13 2011 12:48 AM
Sorry I didn't understand, do you mean that now with the middle mousse click on the close button, I can set Always on Top???

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts
  • Last active: Nov 01 2015 06:37 PM

Sorry I didn't understand, do you mean that now with the middle mousse click on the close button, I can set Always on Top???

not yet.
i meant: i'll think about implementing this feature in the next release of M2T.
implementing the feature this way (middle click on close) would be easier for me to do than to check for right clicking on the maximize button, you know!
and i wanted to know, if you can live with that? :p

TheCoach
  • Members
  • 14 posts
ohhh no matter my friend if you use the middle mousse button.
I've another suggestion, I don't know if it's permitted or not but what do you think if you integer this script : Synchronize path from Explorer to Open/Save Dialog to yours.
May be you've to ask the author.

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts

what do you think if you integer this script : Synchronize path from Explorer to Open/Save Dialog to yours.
May be you've to ask the author.

don't think so. M2T should focus more on window management as "core competence".

these hacks are certainly cool and to some ppl useful, but one should integrate them into his own user.ahk script!

TheCoach
  • Members
  • 14 posts
OK my friend...
Could you add the possibility to roll-up the window by making just the title bar visible. For that you can click by the middle mouse on Minimize button and then by clicking this button again it will roll back your windows to it’s original state.

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts

OK my friend...
Could you add the possibility to roll-up the window by making just the title bar visible.

yes, should be feasible for my next release.

ni.va
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Last active: Feb 10 2013 10:34 PM
Hi
Thanks For Your Handy script,... but if I want to just hide the task bar Icon into system tray (not the hole window, useful for apps like sticky notes) would it be possible???

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts

Hi
Thanks For Your Handy script,... but if I want to just hide the task bar Icon into system tray (not the hole window, useful for apps like sticky notes) would it be possible???

will see what i can do about it.

rdwray
  • Members
  • 60 posts
  • Last active: Jul 05 2015 11:26 AM
I want to remove the tray icon and #NoTrayIcon is working, is there something else that I need to modify?

Edit: OS Win7 64

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts

I want to remove the tray icon and #NoTrayIcon is working, is there something else that I need to modify?

don't quite get your question here, dude :shock:

nothere
  • Members
  • 242 posts
  • Last active: Jul 04 2015 12:55 AM

Old post...
“No other God have I but Thee; born in a manger, died on a tree.” Martin Luther

jhefko
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Apr 13 2012 08:53 AM
Hello Junyx!

Thank you for this amazing program! Can I ask, is it possible to NOT necessarily minimize a window, just remove it from the taskbar and use the tray icon as taskbar?
So when I use the hotkey to minimize, then it would hide it and put the icon to the tray as it does it right now,
however when I restore the window, I would want the tray icon to stay and the taskbar remain unchanged as well.
So essentially completely use the tray as taskbar if I want it.

First I thought the option "Immediately minimize ANY window to tray (do skip task bar)." does exactly this, but this does nothing differently for me regardless of checked or not. (It also always says [NO], even after restart, regardless of checked or not)
Also I have noticed that many of these square bracket [] labels always say NO, regardless of checkmark or not, even after restart.
I use Win7 64bit, maybe that's why this doesn't work?

So please help me, I really need this option to work, as I have a webcam application, that I want always on top, and restored/visible, but I don't want it to clutter my taskbar, so it would be very nice if its icon would be always sitting on my tray instead, even when not minimized.

Thank you, and best regards!

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts

Thank you for this amazing program! Can I ask, is it possible to NOT necessarily minimize a window, just remove it from the taskbar and use the tray icon as taskbar?
So when I use the hotkey to minimize, then it would hide it and put the icon to the tray as it does it right now,
however when I restore the window, I would want the tray icon to stay and the taskbar remain unchanged as well.
So essentially completely use the tray as taskbar if I want it.

Min2Tray does not have this feature, yet.
i will post a short script for you here in 1 or 2 days from now that will do the trick.
just don't have time right now ;-/

First I thought the option "Immediately minimize ANY window to tray (do skip task bar)." does exactly this, but this does nothing differently for me regardless of checked or not. (It also always says [NO], even after restart, regardless of checked or not)
Also I have noticed that many of these square bracket [] labels always say NO, regardless of checkmark or not, even after restart.
I use Win7 64bit, maybe that's why this doesn't work?

this really seems to be a bug.
i did not test Min2Tray with win7-64bit so far...
my (virtual) win7-32bit works without such a flaw, though!

could someone else verify this, please?!
thanks in advance.

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts
@jhefko:
well, now it's time for some code 8)

;----------------------------------------------------------------------------
; WinHideShowIcon.ahk
; created: 2012/04/20
;----------------------------------------------------------------------------

#UseHook
#NoEnv
#NoTrayIcon
#Persistent
#SingleInstance force
SetTitleMatchMode, 2
DetectHiddenWindows, On

win_title=Rechner ahk_class SciCalc
;icon_file=%A_ScriptDir%\whsi.ico
is_hidden := FALSE

; setup tray menu+icon
Menu, TRAY, NoStandard
Menu, TRAY, Add, WinHideShowIcon, un_hide
Menu, TRAY, Default, WinHideShowIcon
Menu, TRAY, Add
Menu, TRAY, Add, &Quit, tray_quit
Menu, TRAY, Tip, WinHideShowIcon
Menu, TRAY, Click, 1
;Menu, TRAY, Icon, %icon_file%, 1, 1
Menu, TRAY, Icon
Return

un_hide:
   IfWinNotExist, %win_title%
      Return

If ( is_hidden ) {
      is_hidden := FALSE
      WinShow
      WinActivate
   }
   Else {
      is_hidden := TRUE
      WinHide
   }
   Return

tray_quit:
   ExitApp

after starting this script there will be a system tray-icon (looking like AHK's, but you my specify another icon file) that will hide the window with "win_title" in its window title by one-time clicking on the tray icon. the second click will unhide and activate the window again.
to get the window title of your program, use the Window Spy utility provided by AHK. or just guess :shock:

Caspid
  • Members
  • 17 posts
  • Last active: Mar 21 2014 05:43 PM

I want to remove the tray icon and #NoTrayIcon isn't working, is there something else that I need to modify?

He's asking:
How do you hide the Min2Tray icon? The "#NoTrayIcon" in the code isn't working.

I have the same question. I'd like to be able to use the features of Min2Try without the main application icon appearing in my taskbar. Could you please help me accomplish this?