Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Min2Tray v1.7.9 - minimize window to tray & much more!

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic
Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts
  • Last active: Nov 01 2015 06:37 PM

For your info: Doesn't work for me when I put the script in a long path (with spaces in it) such as C:\My Documents\AHK\Scripts.

yeah, you're right.

just re-write some code:
Run, "C:\Auto Hotkey\Auto Hotkey.exe" "C:\Auto Hotkey\Min2Tray\Min2Tray.ahk" %h_ID%, , UseErrorLevel
Junyx

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts
look at the topmost message! :arrow:

Junyx

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts
some major changes and improvements included.

Junyx

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts
some usability changes and many other improvements included.

Junyx

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts
maintainance release.

Junyx

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts
yet another maintainance release.
go to the topmost message! :arrow:

if you have any suggestions for new features, please contact me!

Junyx

Jaakon
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Nov 12 2010 05:05 PM
I have two suggestions:

1) When you minimize a window for the first time (e.g. it is unknown so far), i would really like to have the "Custom Name"-Dialog opened automatically. Some people won't like this, so i guess a switch in the options for this behaviour would be great.

2) Is it possible to set the custom icon automatically (e.g. first icon in the application's .exe-file) ? You can get the ProcessName via WinGet, but i guess we need to know the application's path, right (I have no idea for that :( )?

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts
Hi Jaakon!
back from vacation. used the first warm days over here in germany for riding my motor bike 8)

1) When you minimize a window for the first time (e.g. it is unknown so far), i would really like to have the "Custom Name"-Dialog opened automatically.

i will include this feature as a option into the next version. not everyone (including me) will use this feature as default, so it will be initially turned off.

2) Is it possible to set the custom icon automatically (e.g. first icon in the application's .exe-file)?

well, basically this is already the default behaviour (look into source code line 466 ff):
Min2Tray retrieves the process name (i.e. "notepad.exe").
then it checks if the user has already set a (generic) custom icon for this app.
if none is set, it checks "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\notepad.exe" for the full app-path (AHK does not give the path of app back).
if nothing is found, Min2Tray recursively scans %A_WinDir% and %A_ProgramFiles% for "notepad.exe". if the exe is not found in there, Min2Tray falls back to the default icon.
if the program you minimized is installed in a differnt location (not %A_WinDir%="C:\Windows" or %A_ProgramFiles%="C:\Program Files") Min2Tray cannot find any suitable icon file.
there could even be more situations where no icon file can be found (i.e. no icon file within "appname.exe").

hope this helped a little bit...
Junyx

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts
one more maintainance release including one new feature requested by Jaakon.

Junyx

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts
one more maintainance release including one new feature: hotkey for setting the active window to always-on-top.

Junyx

p.s.: currently i use a slight transparency to indicate that a window is always-on-top.
i would like to use another effect for this, but i cannot find a better solution (i testet "WinSet, Region" but this didn't work as expected).
does anybody have an idea?!? ... nobody???

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts
rapid production cycle.
another release including one new feature: hotkey for maximizing a window vertically (nifty for big screens).

Junyx

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts
another release including new features. one is: show a hidden window automatically when the title has changed (nifty for hidden chat windows with activity).

if you have any suggestions for new features or bug reports, please contact me!

Junyx

Chad
  • Guests
  • Last active:
laptop users don't bother, you need at least a 3 button mouse to use this.

Junyx [not logged in :-]
  • Guests
  • Last active:
no, that's not exactly true.
you can operate Min2Tray completely without a mouse - just by using hotkeys.
this is often much more comfortable and faster than grabbing your mouse.

my 2 ct...
Junyx

Chad
  • Guests
  • Last active:
In order to run the program you must have a 3 button mouse plugged in. If not, at startup you will recieve an error message and it will close. While I do like the program..( i plugged in a mouse just for it, just for show though as i use the hotkeys), i wish it had an override to this little bug.