Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Min2Tray v1.7.9 - minimize window to tray & much more!

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic
Junyx [again no login ;-]
  • Guests
  • Last active:
oh yes, sorry!
now i understand your point.

i will fix this issue in the next release.

thanks for your reply!

Junyx
(currently on vacation so a bit brain-dead :-)

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts
  • Last active: Nov 01 2015 06:37 PM
one more maintainance release with 2 bug fixes.
go to the topmost message! :arrow:

if you have any suggestions for new features, please contact me!

Junyx

Chad
  • Guests
  • Last active:
First off I love the program junyx. What about a new feature in which the windows on the bosskey list minimize to the taskbar before they go to the system tray. The goal of this function would be to eliminate the flashing of closing windows as the bosskey command is executed. This function could make the bosskey command run much smoother to the eye. - Chad

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts
another maintainance release with some additions.

First off I love the program junyx.

thanks for the flowers!

What about a new feature in which the windows on the bosskey list minimize to the taskbar before they go to the system tray. The goal of this function would be to eliminate the flashing of closing windows as the bosskey command is executed.

you're right. i implemented this feature in the new release.
all windows are first minimized to the taskbar, then we wait some millisecs and will hide them away.
i hope this works for you. please test it and tell me what you think about it!

Junyx

Chad
  • Guests
  • Last active:
wow what a quick upddate. The problem I see with the new release is the speed. The goal of the taskbar function was to hide all of the windows then have them disapear from underneith. I guess i was thinking of a feature similar to using the (windows + d, which minimizes all windows to the taskbar) key then having the bosskey windows disappear. What would be cool would be to have the widows that aren't on the bosskey reappear from the taskbar while the other windows disappear. Try opening a bunch of programs then use win + d, followed immediately by the bosskey command. That will pretty much show you the function I am seeking. So i guess the feature would in short, quickly minimize all windows, pop back up non bosskey windows, then remove all the other windows from the taskbar to the system tray. - Chad

Demokos
  • Members
  • 105 posts
  • Last active: Jan 20 2011 06:28 PM

quickly minimize all windows, pop back up non bosskey windows, then remove all the other windows from the taskbar to the system tray. - Chad

In my mind too long. At first why minimize all window then restoring the ones non bosskey (the ones the boss can see) ? Just minimize the ones the boss must not see !!!
But better for me : minimize directly in the systray all the windows you want to hide from the boss with only one icon in the tray for all these windows. Right clic, left click or double clic on this icon to restore them back. For example

Chad
  • Guests
  • Last active:

with only one icon in the tray

That's a great idea actually. Maybe a new option?
I'm not looking to minimize all of the windows, and then pop some back up but that seems like it may be the fastest way to get rid of all the windows without them flashing around. The 6.4 release in my opinion is much slower than the 6.3 release, so im trying to brainstorm another way to accomplish it i guess. - Chad

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts
another maintainance release and some additional features.

@Chad:
i tried to speed up the process of hiding windows in 1.6.5. i think i managed to improve it.
unfortunatly the fastest option tested so far is not practicable due to some restrictions in ahk's GroupAdd command (already contacted Chris for a bug fix or something :?
furthermore i played around with WinMinimizeAll (like WIN+D) before hiding of windows. but this didn't work out as desired because i had to restore all not to be hidden windows afterwards. this led to even more flickering.

@Demokos (and Chad's last post):
there is a new option available which will activate StealthMode when hitting the BossKey. this will instantly hide all windows and switch off display of any icons related to Min2Tray.
this should satisfy even the totally paranoid freaks among us :p

but i will also investigate into BossKey-hiding all windows into one icon or a menu entry of the main program. the drawback is: that means i have to re-write large parts of Min2Tray.
(man, BossKey was meant to be a little extra cheese in Min2Tray, now it is the most discussed feature *puh*)

Junyx

Chad
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Last active: Aug 28 2006 05:42 AM
6.5 is very nice. I never noticed the stealthkey feature but it is perfect. there is no need for a single icon with that feature. This release is perfect, no new ideas! Thanks Junyx

Actually i thought of one idea... Maybe more options with the stealthkey feature such as altering the hotkey that brings back the windows. Also an option to maximize all the windows diectly from the stealthkey instead of revealing them in the taskbar.

Ok... one more.. What about a feature that immediately brings a certain program to the front? Example: If i have 10 IE windows up then i have MS Outlook up for email, as soon as I hit the bosskey/stealthmode feature it brings in this case Outlook to the front then all the IE windows disappear behind outlook.

My bad on all the ideas but this program has so much potential

Demokos as guest
  • Guests
  • Last active:
The same as Chad. My main interest in your script is the min2tray functionnality, not the BossKey one, especially as I am the Boss !!!
No, I'm just kidding, i'm not. But don't rewrite all the code for that !
As said John, let it be...
But for Min2Tray itself, only one icon for all the Min2Trayed windows ? Right click to choose the one to restore. Or one icon by window type, like in the task bar. One icon for the Word windows, one for the IE ones, and so on... Why not !!!!! OK, I'm kidding again !!!
Thanks for the good job on Min2Tray. Very usefull.

d-man
  • Members
  • 290 posts
  • Last active: Jun 28 2015 09:26 AM
I like this script.

I would really like the option to hide the icon altogether... or is that already possible?

Chad
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Last active: Aug 28 2006 05:42 AM
Stealthmode doesn't create any icons. The windows simply disappear! Then you use the hotkey to bring them into view on the system tray.

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts
Hi there!

let's begin with the simple answers :D

@d-man:
as Chad said - you can accomplish this by using the StealthMode feature.
just hit CTRL+WIN+ALT+PageUp and hide/unhide all icons.
i will eventually implement an option for only stealthen things in one session (right now the state is remembered via registry).

@Demokos:
well, back in the days 8) i created Min2Tray with the intention of having an icon for every hidden window. but i see a growing demand for an option of just one instance of Min2Tray with a context menu with all minimized windows... i will think about a way to do this. but don't expect anything before v1.7 - no, really!

the idea of yours (grouped windows in menu) is possible, but i don't know how to handle this user-wise (gui, anyone?!?). only guessing a appropriate group by window title will not do. perhaps it will be possible to group windows by their application.

@Chad:
you can alter the hotkey for StealthMode, already! i would say, that is a problem of RTFM :p there is no option in the prefs dialog, but you can edit the hotkey to trigger StealthMode in the registry ("Changelog.txt", line 124).

unhiding all windows by only one keypress is unfortunately (at this time) not possible. you can only assign a hotkey per minimized window.
thinking about implementing this one into v1.7...

bringing one particular window to front is not directly possible.
but(!) you could add this window to stay visible to the BossKey list (via context menu of icon of this window when minimized [i know, the handling is a bit crude]). then select Opt-out mode and you are lucky. this will minimize all windows except for the ones on the BossKey list (list can also be inspected via main menu).

*puh* a lot of writing. going into weekend mode now, cheers 8)
Junyx

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts

What about a feature that immediately brings a certain program to the front?

well, good news on this topic! i didn't even know that my Min2Tray could do this trick, too!

here is my step-by-step guide:
(gw=good window=window too be shown, bw=bad windows=all others)

0 ) set "WIN+O" as bosskey and bosskey mode to "Opt-out" within the prefs window.
1 ) minimize gw (in this example: a window of opera.exe)
2 ) select from context menu of minimized gw "win is on bosskey list" (check this)
3 ) assign a "hotkey for showing window" - must be the same hotkey as the one for triggering bosskey mode, see 0) - let's assume "WIN+O"
4 ) open regedit.exe and navigate to: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KTC\Min2Tray".
locate the entry of your gw that ends on "|ch" (here: "Opera.exe|OpWindow|ch").
double click the entry. a dialog appers containing the assigned hotkey from step 3).
add IN FRONT of this hotkey a tilde ("~"). in my example the modified entry is now "~#O".
6 ) now minimize gw
7 ) strart up programs that spawn bw
8 ) hitting WIN+O will immediately open up gw AND will then trigger the bosskey hiding all bw. gw will stay un-minimized since it is on the bosskey list (excluded from hiding).

i hope my lil' guide was some sort of help?!?
Junyx

p.s.: for the curious: all the magic lies within the addition of the tilde. this will pass on the hotkey!

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts
another maintainance release with some additional features.

@Demokos:
i investigated in an option for hiding all windows to menu entries - unfortunately this will not become reality. i would have to change big parts of the program logics.
i will possibly add a mode where several windows will be hidden to one tray icon. clicking this icon (or triggering its hotkey) will then unhide all windows assigned to it.

@Chad:
though unhiding of all windows with one key press is currently not possible you can nevertheless unhide all windows at once by clicking "restore all windows" from the context menu of the main program.
if there is some demand i could even assign a hotkey to this funktion?!

Junyx