Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Min2Tray v1.7.9 - minimize window to tray & much more!

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic
Demokos as guest
  • Guests
  • Last active:

@Demokos:
i investigated in an option for hiding all windows to menu entries - unfortunately this will not become reality. i would have to change big parts of the program logics.

It isn't a problem. It was just a wish. Don't do it if it's too much work and re-write. I think there isn"t any necessity to this feature.
Thanks to test if it was possible.

]@Demokos:
i will possibly add a mode where several windows will be hidden to one tray icon. clicking this icon (or triggering its hotkey) will then unhide all windows assigned to it.

It would be very good. Thanks for the good work.

Chad
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Last active: Aug 28 2006 05:42 AM
another great release junyx.. all we need now is a hotkey for the function "restore all windows" maybe even while in stealthmode? and if at all possible a hotkey to open or bring to front a certain window. Im still working through your previous post with regards to that but im an "Opt IN" guy so that may not work. As of right now i use win + c to open outlook with my own program then i use win + d to bosskey, works ok but it would be so much sweeter on one key and with one program if possible. Nice work junyx, keep em coming!

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts
  • Last active: Nov 01 2015 06:37 PM
major new release!
well, it doesn't look so much shinier - but believe me - there is a great amount of re-design done under the hood 8)
go to the topmost message! :arrow:

please test it thoroughly and file some bug reports (i know there will be some...)
and if you have any suggestions for new features, please contact me!

Junyx

p.s.: ideas how to utilize MultiMode with help of a gui are highly welcome!

Demokos as guest
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Hi Junyx
A great release !! Very good work. Thanks.
Just a little proposition.
Now if you want to put a window in the Bosskey list, you mist hide it, right click on it's icon in the system tray and choose the option, and then display the window again.
My proposition is to have an hotkey (or for example Ctrl + middle mice button on the window title) to put/remove the active window in/from the BossKey list.
For example, if I hit the Win-Alt-End (why not ?) hotkey, if the window is not in the Bosskey list, it is added to and a tooltip say "The window is added to the Bosskey list". If the window is in the Bosskey list, the window is removed from the list and a tooltip say "The window is removed from the Bosskey list".
This option would make possible to add/remove windows to/from the Bosskey list with a simple procedure.

One more thing. Can you add :
If ( h_Language = "fr_FR" )
{
   lng_MenuNameChange         = &Assigner un nom...
   lng_MenuNameRemove         = &Retirer un nom
   lng_MenuIconChange         = &Assigner une icône...
   lng_MenuIconRemove         = &Retirer une icône
   lng_MenuMultiWin           = &Liste des fenêtres minimisées
   lng_MenuAssignHotkey       = &Hotkey pour afficher la(les) fenêtre(s)...
   lng_MenuClose              = &Fermer la fenêtre
   lng_MenuUnhide             = &Afficher la fenêtre
   lng_MenuOnBKList           = &Fenêtre dans la liste BossKey
   lng_MenuShowOnTitleChange  = &Afficher la fenêtre quand le titre change
   lng_hClose1                = Voulez-vous réellement fermer la fenêtre "
   lng_hClose2                = "?
   lng_ChangeNameSelector     = Veuillez entrer le nom de la fenêtre :
   lng_ChangeIconSelector     = Selectionnez un fichier icône pour "
   lng_ChangeIconSelectorExt  = Fichier icône(s)
   lng_ChangeIconMulti        = Selectionnez une icône pour "
   lng_RemoveName             = Voulez-vous réellement retirer le nom ?
   lng_RemoveIcon             = Voulez-vous réellement retirer l'icône ?
   lng_SetupUnhideKey         = Hotkey pour afficher la fenêtre
   ; Errors
   lng_ExitWithParamError     = Erreur : le premier paramètre doit être un nombre !
}

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts
@Demekos:
thanks for your input.
i will eventually include your suggestion on adding a window to the BossKey list into the next minor release. still, gotta figure out how to do it the most convenient way :p

contributing new languages for Min2Tray is very good! i like it!
one thing, though - could you please also translate all the other texts:
look into Min2Tray.ahk, go to lines 80, 813 and 1787 and translate the texts. you can post them here or send my a private message. i will include the translations in no time...

Junyx

Demokos
  • Members
  • 105 posts
  • Last active: Jan 20 2011 06:28 PM

@Demekos:
thanks for your input.
i will eventually include your suggestion on adding a window to the BossKey list into the next minor release.

Thanks Junyx

contributing new languages for Min2Tray is very good! i like it!

You was the first to do it !!!

For the french part of Min2Tray :

{
   lng_MenuNameChange         = &Assigner un nom personnalisé...
   lng_MenuNameRemove         = &Retirer un nom personnalisé
   lng_MenuIconChange         = &Assigner une icône personnalisée...
   lng_MenuIconRemove         = &Retirer une icône personnalisée
   lng_MenuMultiWin           = &Liste des fenêtres minimisées
   lng_MenuAssignHotkey       = &Hotkey pour afficher lales) fenêtre(s)
   lng_MenuClose              = &Ferme la(les) fenêtre(s)
   lng_MenuUnhide             = &Afficher la(les) fenêtre(s)
   lng_MenuOnBKList           = &Fenêtre sur la liste BossKey
   lng_MenuShowOnTitleChange  = &Afficher la fenêtre quand le titre change
   lng_hClose1                = Voulez-vous vraiment fermer la(les) fenêtre(s) "
   lng_hClose2                = "?
   lng_ChangeNameSelector     = Entrez le nom personnalisé :
   lng_ChangeIconSelector     = Sélectionnez un fichier icône pour "
   lng_ChangeIconSelectorExt  = Fichiers icône
   lng_ChangeIconMulti        = Selectionnez une icône pour "
   lng_RemoveName             = Voulez-vous vraiment retirer le nom personnalisé ?
   lng_RemoveIcon             = Voulez-vous vraiment retirer l'icône personnalisée ?
   lng_SetupUnhideKey         = Hotkey pour afficher la(les) fenêtre(s)
   ; Errors
   lng_ExitWithParamError     = Erreur: le 1er paramètre doit être un nombre !
}

{
      FormatTime, tmpDate, %versionDate%, dd/MM/yyyy
      lng_MenuAbout              = &A propos de %lng_WindowTitle%
      lng_MenuRestoreOnly        = &Restaure toutes les fenêtres
      lng_MenuQuitRestoreAll     = Restaure &toutes les fenêtres && quitte
      lng_MenuQuitOnly           = &Quitte
      lng_MenuSetHotkeysStarter  = &Préférences...
      lng_MenuBKEditList         = Edite la liste des fenêtres &BossKey
      lng_BKPurgeListTitle       = Liste des fenêtres BossKey
      lng_BKPurgeList            = Sélection des fenêtres a retirer de la liste
      lng_BKPurgeListReq         = entrées à enlever de la liste. Continuer ?
      lng_BKPurgeListRemove      = &Retirer
      lng_TrayTitle              = %lng_WindowTitle%
      lng_About                  = %lng_WindowTitle% v%versionString% (%tmpDate%)`n`nMinimise des fenêtre dans le 'Tray' sous forme d'icônes.`nCliquer sur le 3ème bouton de la souris ou sur une hotkey personnalisée.`nCaractéristiques supplémentaires : BossKey, Toujours au-dessus et maximisation verticale.`n`nDistribué sous la licence GPLv2.`n© 2005-2006 par Junyx / KTC^brain`n
      lng_SetupTitle             = %lng_WindowTitle% Prefs
      lng_SetupKey               = Hotkey pour minimiser la fenêtre
      lng_SetupMButtonTitle      = Utiliser le 3ème bouton de la souris pour minimiser ?
      lng_SetupMButtonOpt0       = Non!
      lng_SetupMButtonOpt1       = en cliquant sur la barre de titre [DEFAUT]
      lng_SetupMButtonOpt2       = en cliquant n'importe où dans la fenêtre
      lng_SetupBkMultiWin        = BossKey utilise le mode MultiWindows. [NON]
      lng_SetupBk2sMode          = BossKey utilise le mode StealthMode (SM hotkey fait réapparaître les fenêtres). [NON]
      lng_SetupStealthSessOnly   = StealthMode seulement pour cette session. [OUI]
      lng_SetupForcedMode        = Force toujours min/maximisation d'une fenêtre (ForcedMode). [NON]
      lng_SetupJaakonMode        = Demande toujours nom personnalisé s'il n'y en a pas. [NON]
      lng_SetupNoErrorMsgsMode   = Ne montrer aucun message d'erreur. [NON]
      lng_SetupBossKey           = BossKey
      lng_SetupBKTitle           = Définis le mode BossKey
      lng_SetupBKOpt0            = Opt-Out  -  minimise toutes les fenêtres sauf celles de la liste BossKey [DEFAUT]
      lng_SetupBKOpt1            = Opt-In  -  minimise SEULEMENT les fenêtres de la liste BossKey
      lng_SetupStealthKey        = Hotkey pour StealthMode on/off
      lng_SetupAOTKey            = Hotkey pour toujours au-dessus
      lng_AOTtraytip             = Fenêtre en mode toujours au-dessus
      lng_SetupYMaxKey           = Hotkey pour maximiser verticallement
      lng_YMaxtraytip            = Fenêtre maximisée verticalement
      lng_YMaxNottraytip         = La fenêtre ne peut être maximisée verticalement.
      lng_No3BtnMouseMsg			   = Pas de souris 3 boutons trouvée. Gestion de la souris absente !
      ; Errors
      lng_ExitWithRunningError   = Erreur: Min2Tray fonctionne déjà !
      lng_ExitWithAHKError       = Erreur: "AutoHotkey.exe" introuvable !
      lng_ExitWithLockError      = Erreur: Ne peut Effacer le fichier lock ! L'effacer manuellement :
   }

h_Language =
   StringRight, tmp, A_Language, 2
   If ( tmp = 07 )	; = Deutsch (0407, 0807, 0c07 ...)
      h_Language = de_DE
   If A_Language in 040c,080c,0c0c,100c,140c,180c
      h_Language = fr_FR

If ( h_Language = "de_DE" )
   {
      lng_WindowTitle            = Min2Tray
      lng_SetupOK                = Ü&bernehmen
      lng_SetupCancel            = &Abbrechen
      lng_SetupHint              = Hinweis: Drücken Sie ENTFERNEN und bestätigen Sie mit "%lng_SetupOK%", um einen Hotkey zu löschen!
      lng_SetupInvalidHotkey1    = Folgender Hotkey konnte nicht zugewiesen werden: "
      lng_SetupInvalidHotkey2    = ".`nBitte anderen Hotkey wählen oder den Hotkey entfernen!
      ; Errors
      lng_ExitWithOSError        = Fehler: Falsches Betriebssystem. Benötige Windows NT und höher!
      lng_ExitWithVersionError   = Fehler: Benötige "AutoHotkey.exe" Version 1.0.43.09 oder höher!
   }
   {
      lng_SetupOK                = &Appliquer
      lng_SetupCancel            = &Abandon
      lng_SetupHint              = Astuce : Cliquer sur Suppr sur le clavier et confirmer en cliquant "%lng_SetupOK%" pour supprimer une hotkey !
      lng_SetupInvalidHotkey1    = La hotkey suivante ne peut être assignée : "
      lng_SetupInvalidHotkey2    = ".`nUtiliez une hotkey différente ou supprimez-la SVP !
      ; Error
      lng_ExitWithOSError        = Erreur: Ne fonctionne pas sous Window 9x !
      lng_ExitWithVersionError   = Erreur: Nécessite AutoHotkey.exe version 1.0.43.09 ou supérieur !
   }
   Else
   {
      lng_SetupOK                = &Apply
      lng_SetupCancel            = &Cancel
      lng_SetupHint              = Hint: Press DELETE on keyboard and confirm by clicking "%lng_SetupOK%" to clear a hotkey!
      lng_SetupInvalidHotkey1    = The following hotkey could not be assigned: "
      lng_SetupInvalidHotkey2    = ".`nPlease use a different hotkey or delete the hotkey!
      ; Error
      lng_ExitWithOSError        = Error: Wrong operating system. Need Windows NT or newer!
      lng_ExitWithVersionError   = Error: Need AutoHotkey.exe version 1.0.43.09 or newer!
   }

I think that all fits correctly.
May be you can use the internationnal ISO 8601 date format form : yyyy-MM-dd. On the other hand, I think that ShortDate and LongDate are automatically tranlated in the the local format.

For me, Min2Tray 1.7.0 works like a charm !!!

Chad
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Last active: Aug 28 2006 05:42 AM
nice.

mrnovember
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I LOVE this utility. I use it to keep my Gmail window in the systray, so I can retrieve it faster thatn I ever could with Gmail Notifier (I still use it in conjuntion with notifier though). However, there is one problem. I often forget to middle click, and end up closing the window instead of minimizing it.

Is there any way that I can tell Mn2tray that I ALWAYS want to minimize my Gmail browser window? This way, I will not accidentally close it anymore.

Thanks!

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts
@Demokos:
french language will be included in v1.7.1 - expect it to be released within the next 1-2 weeks.
i will also implement a new way of marking windows as "On BossKey list" - you will be able to toggle on/off list with a hotkey.

@mrnovember:
thanks for the flowers. i love my lil' app at least as much as you do :p
i use it mainly at work (*cough* BossKey!!!) and at home with gaim: hide a chat window away and let it automatically re-appear if a friend "jabbers" me (title of win changes)...

Is there any way that I can tell Mn2tray that I ALWAYS want to minimize my Gmail browser window? This way, I will not accidentally close it anymore.

well, AutoHotkey makes very much possible, but i cannot override the internal behaviour of another app's window (no re-wireing gmail's close button).
but i'm a man who likes mankind 8) - so i will implement a new feature only for you: toggling all buttons of a windows title bar on/off (window will have no more buttons you could accidentally press). minimizing, sizing, moving and other stuff will still work.
[btw, this gives you more freedom to focus on your girl-friends buttons :wink: ]

until later...
Junyx

Demokos as guest
  • Guests
  • Last active:

@Demokos:
french language will be included in v1.7.1 - expect it to be released within the next 1-2 weeks.
i will also implement a new way of marking windows as "On BossKey list" - you will be able to toggle on/off list with a hotkey.

Good news. Thanks.
Little modififications to my translate :
lng_MenuAssignHotkey       = &Hotkey pour afficher lales) fenêtre(s)

lng_About                  = %lng_WindowTitle% v%versionString% (%tmpDate%)`n`nMinimise des fenêtres dans le 'Tray' sous forme d'icônes`nen cliquant sur le 3ème bouton de la souris ou sur une hotkey personnalisée.`nCaractéristiques supplémentaires : BossKey, Toujours au-dessus et maximisation verticale.`n`nDistribué sous la licence GPLv2.`n© 2005-2006 par Junyx / KTC^brain`n
Thanks for your work.

mrnovember
  • Guests
  • Last active:

@Demokos:

@mrnovember:
thanks for the flowers. i love my lil' app at least as much as you do :p
i use it mainly at work (*cough* BossKey!!!) and at home with gaim: hide a chat window away and let it automatically re-appear if a friend "jabbers" me (title of win changes)...

well, AutoHotkey makes very much possible, but i cannot override the internal behaviour of another app's window (no re-wireing gmail's close button).
but i'm a man who likes mankind 8) - so i will implement a new feature only for you: toggling all buttons of a windows title bar on/off (window will have no more buttons you could accidentally press). minimizing, sizing, moving and other stuff will still work.
[btw, this gives you more freedom to focus on your girl-friends buttons :wink: ]

until later...
Junyx

Fantastic! I'm looking forward to the new feature! Thanks!

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts
another fine release adding 2 new features and fixing one bug, at least.
go to the topmost message! :arrow:

if you have any suggestions for new features, please contact me!

Junyx

Demokos
  • Members
  • 105 posts
  • Last active: Jan 20 2011 06:28 PM
Thanks for your credit, Junyx.
An other idea for the bad ones !!! Can you add the possibility to activate the Media_Stop or Media_Play_Pause keys (not for me of course, just for my colleagues !!!!) when the BossKey is activated, to stop the music when to Boss comes !!!
One more word. I just installed Min2Tray and I have all the interface in english.
Don't ask me why, but with :
Else If ( tmp = 0c ) ; = French (040c, 080c, 0c0c, 100c, 140c, 180c ...)
      h_Language = fr_FR
french language is not recognized (at least on my PC) whereas if I make :
      h_Language = fr_FR
it's OK.
Don't ask me why I haven't any explanation (may be Chris ?). Nevertheless thank you for your work.
P.S : May be you can ask to Philho, who is french too, if he have the same results as me.

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts

h_Language = fr_FR
it's OK.
Don't ask me why I haven't any explanation (may be Chris ?).

could you post here what A_Language contains on your system! i'm especially interested in upper or lower case letters for 040c. use something like:
msgbox, >%A_Language%<
that will reveal all spaces and the like.

as for the media-keys: i will think about a way of triggering user defined keys when entering BossKey mode. that should enable you... sry... the good friend of your's to send keystrokes that will then stop the player or mute volume or whatever. the idea is very good, indeed!

@Philho (if you read this thread):
did you experience the same problem as Demokos did?

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts
@Demokos:
okay, i fixed your issue -- was some kind of personal failure.
it should read
If ( tmp = "0c" )
i uploaded the fixed v1.7.1
please re-download!