Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Min2Tray v1.7.9 - minimize window to tray & much more!

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic
Demokos
  • Members
  • 105 posts
  • Last active: Jan 20 2011 06:28 PM
With :
TakeIt = [%A_Language%]
  FileAppend, %TakeIt%, W:\Min2Tray Result.txt
I got : [040C].
So I tested with :
Else If ( tmp = 0C ) ; = French (040c, 080c, 0c0c, 100c, 140c, 180c ...)
      h_Language = fr_FR
so with "0C" and not "0c" and ??? English interface... One more specificity of the froggies, or my PC is very sensitive ?

P.S : I found the solution : it works with :
Else If  tmp = 0C
or with :
Else If (tmp = "0C")
I remember now I had a similar problem with my Mr Clean script... Solved

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts
  • Last active: Nov 01 2015 06:37 PM
well, i was first :p (see my last post)

but nevertheless -- good work, thx!

Demokos
  • Members
  • 105 posts
As we say in France, "Les grands esprits se rencontrent" (The great minds meet) :D

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts

As we say in France, "Les grands esprits se rencontrent" (The great minds meet) :D

well, there is a less gentle saying in german: "Zwei Dumme - ein Gedanke." (two stupid men - one thought/idea.) 8)

Demokos as guest
  • Guests
  • Last active:

"Zwei Dumme - ein Gedanke." (two stupid men - one thought/idea.) 8)

So the meaning is the same...

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts

An other idea for the bad ones !!! Can you add the possibility to activate the Media_Stop or Media_Play_Pause keys (not for me of course, just for my colleagues !!!!) when the BossKey is activated, to stop the music when to Boss comes !!!

well, the skeleton is finished. in my current 1.7.2.alpha you can trigger various events when using BossKey, hiding a window, closing a window or un-hiding a window:

- send key strokes (with this you could trigger the "media keys" if you know their scancodes, AHK helps)
- run programs or scripts
- show messages
- play sounds (waves)
- mute/un-mute/toggle mute of master volume (this is what i use at work :p )

if you have any suggestions for more events to be triggered, you could post your wishes here.

the only drawback ATM is, that there is NO gui to enable everyday users to configure the stuff. right now one has to digg into the registry to set things up.
i'm thinking about a way to do a listview gui to set stuff up, but this takes time (gui stuff is the most complicated IMHO - many bugs to be squashed there).

so long...
Junyx

Demokos
  • Members
  • 105 posts
An other proposition : to have a list of windows to minimize in the tray at startup. (probably that means to be able to run min2tray frist in the startup list...)

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts
you mean: Min2Tray starts up, scans for windows (title, class) and hides them away immediately without user-interaction?
it wolud be possible to implement this, but what for?
do you have a situation ITW where this is useful? i can't seem to think of one...

Demokos
  • Members
  • 105 posts

you mean: Min2Tray starts up, scans for windows (title, class) and hides them away immediately without user-interaction?

Yes indeed !!!
I was thinking in this case to something specific. I'm used to use the winXP magnifier, because it is usefull when I am tired !!!! When it lauch at the start the PC, I must minimize it's setup window manually (it isn't done automatically), and with min2tray as I don't want it to be in the Alt-Tab menu.
So it's for a very specific and personnal need that I ask for !!! But may be others can find this feature usefull, I don't know.
If you don't want to do it, it is absolutely not a problem. It's just a matter of confort for me !!!!!

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts
hmm, have to think about it. if it is easily doable, i will include it.
but you will certainly have to start Min2Tray after the magnifier - how you manage to do this is up to you :roll:

Demokos as guest
  • Guests
  • Last active:

hmm, have to think about it. if it is easily doable, i will include it.

Thanks a lot.

but you will certainly have to start Min2Tray after the magnifier - how you manage to do this is up to you :roll:

I think it isn't usefull, as the problem can be solved (in my mind) with a timer procedure which watch for a (list of) window(s) to minimize to tray with the WinExist() function (and which is stopped once all the windows in the list are minimized). I think that the delay isn't really important when the PC start, so it can be 1 to 5 seconds.

owilsky
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Last active: Mar 06 2007 07:48 AM
I also like that idea. I would like to be able to run the script with an command line argument (e.g. window title to hide) and then completely exit the script without keeping it resident in memory.

That way I could implement it into ac'tiveaid ;-)
I saw in your script that you also know ac'tiveaid?
Oliver K├Âtter

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts
well, good news!
i have a working beta that does hide windows on startup of Min2Tray.
i must only come up with a UI to let the user handle the list of windows.

but i think you want M2T to hide a window thats name you submitted on the command line, don't you?

Junyx

• Guests
  • Last active:

but i think you want M2T to hide a window thats name you submitted on the command line, don't you?
Junyx

Yepp, that's right.

Oliver

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts

Yepp, that's right.

you can use M2T right now for your evil plans:

first, get the window id of the desired window:
WinGet, winID, ID, <title of window>
(you can do it differently, of course...)

second, execute M2T with window id as first argument on command line:
Run, Min2Tray.exe %winID%, , UseErrorLevel, newPID
in %newPID% you now have the pid of the newly created M2T instance.
killing it will unhide the window automatically.

Junyx