Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Min2Tray v1.7.9 - minimize window to tray & much more!

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic
Adam_
  • Guests
  • Last active:

I can't aces your site

i cannot verify your problem. what error (number) is displayed?

Adam_
  • Guests
  • Last active:
there was a span yesterday when I wasn't able to access your site. (it wasn't my connection, I was surfing other sites at that time). I was able to download earlier though. thank you.

urlwolf
  • Members
  • 150 posts
  • Last active: Feb 26 2012 07:56 PM
Great script, just found it.
One question, though.
There are many applications (mediamonkey for example) that don't come with a key to send to tray/restore.

Would it be possible to assign such a key (i.e, an app-specific minimize/restore key) using min2tray?

Thanks

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts
  • Last active: Nov 01 2015 06:37 PM

There are many applications (mediamonkey for example) that don't come with a key to send to tray/restore.
Would it be possible to assign such a key (i.e, an app-specific minimize/restore key) using min2tray?

right now this is not yet possible. there is one key minimizing a window (and the BossKey).
but you can assign different keys to un-minimize the windows.

but i'll think about it. perhaps the next version will include an option to hide windows with individual hotkeys.

:?: what do you think would be the best solution to integrate this feature into the existing GUI :?:

Junyx

leomaks
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I need ability to hide certain windows by moving cursor in any coner of screen (sory for my eng.)

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts
sorry leomaks, but i have no plans on including stuff like this.
would require a bigger re-writing of the logic and code. got no time for this right now.

Junyx

kweso
  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • Last active: Jan 05 2017 12:32 PM
what exactly do i have to do to have the xampp-apacheandmysql-cmd to start minimized? (i start it with a hotkey)

or:

where do i have to read to learn about that so that i do not have to bother you with this newbie questions?

sry :wink:
kws

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts
Min2Tray cannot directly start a program minimized. you may use M2T to minimize the app's window after startup of that particular app, though.

enable StartupMinimize and add your app's window to the StartupMinimize list (hide window once and check the option "On StartupMinimize list" in the prefs window).
this does the following: when M2T starts up it scans for a certain amount of time (you may change that) for windows from the StartupMinimize list to be minimized. if they are not already minimized, M2T will do that.

and BTW, there is no real readme, howto or documentation for Min2Tray right now. perhaps i should write some docs?!? but i'm so lazy 8)

Junyx

kweso
  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • Last active: Jan 05 2017 12:32 PM
thx!

i think thats what im looking for...
ill try and see if i got it right.
if not ill come back ;)

maybe a docu is not necessary for people who know ahk. but i am not yet one of those. so ill learn about ahk and then use your script :p

>_<

mgpc
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Jul 02 2008 10:53 PM
Anyone else noticed that horizontally maximizing a window on the second screen of a two monitor setup, moves the window to the first monitor?

Apart from that, I love it, thanks.

Mark

skribb
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I must be a complete fool but I cannot find where to add windows to the BossKey list. Can anyone help me?

skribb
  • Guests
  • Last active:

I must be a complete fool but I cannot find where to add windows to the BossKey list. Can anyone help me?

Nevermind!

Badgers09
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • Last active: Dec 02 2008 06:56 PM
Is there any way to change the hotkey that activates minimizing to something not containing the win key?

Junyx
  • Members
  • 124 posts

Is there any way to change the hotkey that activates minimizing to something not containing the win key?

yeah! just don't check "Win +" in front of the hotkey input box.
e.g.: i use "Ctrl+^" as hotkey for minimizing.

no hotkey will be set if you cleared the hotkey input box!

Junyx

p.s.: with the hotkey input box provided by AHK i was not able to capture the Win-key in any hotkey sequence. so i decided to manage the Win-key seperately, hence: you may or may not check "Win +" to activate (or not) "Win" for your hotkey sequence. hope that will clarify my interface decision a bit.

Badgers09
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • Last active: Dec 02 2008 06:56 PM
ah! now it makes sense lol. it seemed like checking the box would be what activates hotkey control so i figured you had to use the win key. maybe some other type of interface would be more understandable and still allow for the win key... or maybe it's just me.

thanks!