Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings...

• Please log in to reply
289 replies to this topic
oizem
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • Last active: Nov 03 2013 06:32 PM

ok, some things i've noticed:

If you go to the mouse control panel using the option inside the wrench menu (and doing so, a blue box with text appears to the right of the tray menu) , the tray menu can no longer be closed, Ctrl+Alt+Del to the rescue ;)

Nosing around, touching the code (to add the hotkey), it seems that i've touched something, because the wrench, question mark, cross, scroll wheel, double click and mouse speed icons have been replaced with a "Ei" or a "Fi" text in bold (the point of the hotkey is to reduce the use of the tray menu, so no too much problem there, as it's also temporary).

Also, the help tooltips of the Double click speed and the Scroll wheel lines are displayed way up on the screen, it seems to be due to the taskbar (like if there is something avoiding a tooltip to be displayed over the taskbar, I've seen this behaviour on other AutoHotKey implementations).

On the other hand, now it works well in some windows that didn't like the swapped buttons! There is still this weird "SensorPanel" window of a program called AIDA64 that shows the values of some components of the pc, it has no borders, custom color, custom/customizable elements; there isn't a single mouse simulator/configurator/terminator/interpretor/modificator/etcetor able to use it in any other way besides the standard mouse. I don't really touch it (just configure it once and ready to be watched untouched, it seems), but it really calls my attention. It's my heavy artillery for this kind of software, but again, is more about trying to defeat that little window than anything else :D

gwarble
  • Members
  • 624 posts
  • Last active: Aug 12 2016 07:49 PM
thanks!

mouse control panel: i'll fix this, thanks - FIXED

recompiling: try deleting all files in the Resources directory before using "-source" command line parameter and editing the code, i'll make the "extract source" option (which isn't in the menu anymore) overwrite all necessary files - FIXED

tooltips: i'm not able to recreate this on XP or 7... i'll look into it but ultimately i'll probably dump tooltips for this...

AIDA64: interesting, if you send me the program i'll look into it (i like a challenge)

thanks again
- joel

Stigg
  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • Last active: Sep 26 2013 09:38 AM

My scroll wheels won't scroll since auto-updating to v0.596.

Any fix for that?

Also. Double click speed and scroll wheel lines (whatever that is) is set to nothing.

gwarble
  • Members
  • 624 posts
hmm, thanks for reporting... can you try "clear all settings"?

edit:
fixed some bugs, can't tell why you'd end up with settings at 0... will have to dig deeper

EitherMouse Setup.exe v0.5961
EitherMouse.exe v0.5961
http://www.EitherMouse.com

Stigg
  • Members
  • 63 posts

I tried to clear all settings, but still no good.

I also noticed that another update come through, but that didn't fix it either, although the double click speed and scroll wheel lines (whatever that is) is not set to zero anymore.

Stigg
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Wait on.

Scrolling is working now.

I was testing it in Firefox. I restarted Firefox, and scrolling is now working.

But it wasn't initially working in any app. The update fixed it.

Stigg
  • Members
  • 63 posts

What does "Scroll Wheel Lines" do?

gwarble
  • Members
  • 624 posts
Great

Its the same as the windows setting, number of lines per scroll increment

It varies by app, just know higher (slider right) is more lines or faster scrolling

Stigg
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Thanks gwarble.

A truly great utility.

gwarble
  • Members
  • 624 posts
My pleasure, thanks for the feedback

So you're all good with scrolling and correct settings?

oizem
  • Members
  • 15 posts

yes, everything seems to work.

About the Scroll Wheel lines name, maybe it would be more clear if is something like "scroll wheel speed" or "scroll wheel jump speed"? Even if it's not "technically" correct, it might give more hints than "lines", what you think Stigg?

Stigg
  • Members
  • 63 posts

yes, everything seems to work.

About the Scroll Wheel lines name, maybe it would be more clear if is something like "scroll wheel speed" or "scroll wheel jump speed"? Even if it's not "technically" correct, it might give more hints than "lines", what you think Stigg?

Yeah. Scroll Wheel Lines wouldn't make sense to most people.

gwarble
  • Members
  • 624 posts
Thanks guys, agreed that might not be the best name. Scroll speed or scroll wheel speed would make more sense even if not technically correct

Edit: although thats why i added the help ? option, not everything will be self explanatory in a short option description... then again i wrote those help descriptions without putting time into them, i'll have to make those as descript as possible

Edit: i guess there is still a bug when upgrading and the new options get set to 0, investigation underway... Edit: duh, that was obvious, i'll post a new version tonight

gwarble
  • Members
  • 624 posts
I missed an obvious problem, added in initialization of the new settings for setting up new mice, but forgot about when users update needing to initialize the new settings for existing mice... Duh...

Also fixed another uac/admin issue, hope thats the last of them

I got a report of a false positive from anti virus Kaspersky... I could ditch the mpress compression, but if i do its a 2mb exe 3mb setup.exe... not a big deal, but i havent decided yet (i hate antivirus software:) Edit: uncompresed versions here for experimentation: http://eithermouse.com/Uncompressed/

EitherMouse Setup.exe v0.5963
EitherMouse.exe v0.5963
http://www.EitherMouse.com

edit: VirusTotal false positives with mpress compression: 2/48
Bkav 	HW32.CDB.6e99 	20130925
McAfee-GW-Edition 	Heuristic.BehavesLike.Win32.Suspicious-BAY.G 	20130925
and without compression: 1/48
Bkav 	HW32.Stranact.oqaa 	20130925

oizem
  • Members
  • 15 posts

hello! do we have any luck with the translation? even if you're planning to change or add some things, I wouldn't mind to retranslate whatever is necessary. The simplest I can think of, you can comment on the top and bottom of the sections in the code that contain the visible text in the interface with something like ";;;;;;FOR TRANSLATIONS;;;;;;;", and I just give you the same code with the translation so you can manage it.