Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings...

• Please log in to reply
289 replies to this topic
gwarble
  • Members
  • 624 posts
  • Last active: Aug 12 2016 07:49 PM
Yeah, been busy and turned off by the failing forum system and administrator...
I do want to add that, and finish the hotkeys

For starters, the short descriptions on the gui, and the help tooltip text (which need better english descriptions too)

slim pockets
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Oct 25 2013 03:30 PM

Hello,

I would like to have faster mouse then the maximum speed provided of 20. How can I go beyond that speed limit?

chaz
  • Members
  • 192 posts
  • Last active: Oct 01 2015 02:42 AM
Just wanted to let you know that Symantec Endpoint Protection detects a "Backdoor Trojan" in EitherMouse. Seeing as how it's almost certain that EitherMouse is not a Trojan, perhaps you could get Symantec to whitelist it. (See screenshot)
Spoiler

Find me at the other forum as timeFlies.

dma_k
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Nov 21 2013 10:52 AM

I have played a bit with EitherMouse 0.59 and I found it very impressive. I have actually found it via superuser forum.

I am mostly interested in "Multi-Cursor" mode as I want to control one mouse poiner on one monitor using touchpad, and another mouse pointer on another monitor using external USB mouse. EitherMouse works reasobanbly good in this mode, however there are problems:

• When I move two mouses simultaneously, I clearly see the mouse ponter flickering. That brings me to idea that EitherMouse moves the "only one" mouse pointer quickly between two positions, while drawing a dummy image on another. I might be wrong, however the effect is visible.
  • At the same time I see that after a while two mouse pointers again become one.
  • Jumping between two screens does not work: as soon as one mouse pointer leaves the main screen, second mouse pointer disappears and second mouse starts to control the only left mouse pointer.

I think the correct implementation would need a support of some library, e.g. as mentioned on stackoverflow.

oizem
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • Last active: Nov 03 2013 06:32 PM

I'm not the creator, but have been using the software a while now. Yes, in fack EitherMouse doesn't create more "windows" mouse-cursors, it only simulates the idea with those placeholders that remember their location. While it is more like a set of portals for the pointer, the objective of the Multi-Cursor mode is to achieve multiple real Windows pointers, but, as the developer has said in previous pages of this thread, there seems to be some limitations in the OS itself, or it might be a little too low-level for ahk.

oizem
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Slim Pockets, have you tried if you can make the cursor movement faster through the Windows configuration (in the mouse options of the control panel)?

As far as I know, both EitherMouse and the mouse configuration of windows give you the same maximum speed, because EitherMouse just manages the OS cursor speed in a more accessible way, and remembers the setup of individual devices plugged to the computer.

If the control panel config gives you more speed, then I suppose my assumption is wrong, just tell me and i'll check the code to see if I can find something.

oizem
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Chaz, the problem with many anti-virus softwares seems to be related to the compression system used for reducing the file size of EitherMouse, as gwarble said in the page before this one on the thread. If you're interested, you can try the uncompressed version gwarble uploaded for testing: http://eithermouse.com/Uncompressed/ and see if Symantec still detects it as a virus.

dma_k
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Nov 21 2013 10:52 AM

I know that is not easy task. Have you checked Windows MultiPointMouse SDK? If understand correctly the problematic area:

• Application needs to correctly distinguish events from two mouses.
  • Application needs to draw and move 2nd mouse pointer.

First problem is for sure handled by SDK, but perhaps can be solved without it. However how I see that currently EitherMouse looses a track of mouse pointers and at certain moment they are merged/linked into one pointer.

The solutions for 2nd problem is implemented in EitherMouse as following: on each mouse event move mouse pointer to new location and then back. That causes mouse flickering. What EitherMouse should to is to create a new window (opaque, top-most, with only image of the mouse) and move this window following the 2nd pointer and send corresponding event (WM_MOUSEMOVE, WM_LBUTTONDBLCLK, …) to window which is under it.

I'm not the creator, but have been using the software a while now. Yes, in fack EitherMouse doesn't create more "windows" mouse-cursors, it only simulates the idea with those placeholders that remember their location. While it is more like a set of portals for the pointer, the objective of the Multi-Cursor mode is to achieve multiple real Windows pointers, but, as the developer has said in previous pages of this thread, there seems to be some limitations in the OS itself, or it might be a little too low-level for ahk.

chaidy
  • Members
  • 57 posts
  • Last active: Oct 21 2015 05:53 PM
great

gwarble
  • Members
  • 624 posts
Thanks for the questions, feedback, and user-supplied support...

Oziem is corrent in all ways (in this thread at least), while i hope to improve EitherMouse's "fakin" it someday and try to send events to windows directly irregardless of being active or have focus... but alas it will still be "faking it" in some way, because of limitations in the OS architecture...

I haven't played with or researched the SDK you mentioned, but keep in mind that the problem is closely linked to how windows treats active windows, and that if the desired effect is "multiple unique mice across any program" or "two users, two mice, two activities without interruption" its going to be difficult. Windows (via RawInput as well) already supplies the mechanism for allowing two unique mice, but only within the same program.

Thanks for trying EitherMouse
- joel

akobako5
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Jun 09 2014 07:58 PM

A small feature request: Can you make an option to inverse the mouse movement? Like for example inverse x- or y-movement of mouse 2. That would be great!

gwarble
  • Members
  • 624 posts
I will add it to my list of things to look into, though its best handled by a mouse hook I presume and that might not be the best for EitherMouse...

At the very least, I've been wanting to add an "action module" system, basically an "EitherMouse Script" that can be easily made/modified for special cases like this for features that EitherMouse doesn't natively provide.

I also need to start a thread on ahkscript.org for this, so my next useful post here will probably be a link to that.

And probably most importantly is I still plan to add language support...

EDIT:
ok new forum thread started on ahkscript.org:
EitherMouse 0.6 - Multiple mice, individual settings...

gwarble
  • Members
  • 624 posts
I'm digging into the code and found an updating permission bug (trying to RunAsAdmin while already forced as admin)

Anyway, if you have any updating problems (it says "downloading" but then no "updating"), you can redownload or run "EitherMouse_Update.exe in the local dir

Sorry for the inconvenience...

http://www.EitherMouse.com

Should only affect beta users at this point, but soon i'll be updating the main release

- joel

Edit: been working on the installer and uninstall process, feedback appreciated
Edit: all my testing yields success, please prove me wrong...
Updated main version so now users will see the update failure and have to re-install (or run EitherMouse_Update.exe in local folder
Now to add some features (and hopefully get some bug reports come in)...

theflysurfer
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Last active: Sep 30 2014 07:44 AM

Hello

Thank you for this extremely useful script.

I would like to fork the script in order to use it to control camera with the left mouse (similarly to what the 3Dconnexion mouse does : http://www.3dconnexion.fr/ )

I need help to fully understand what is going on in the script and try to do it

I have in mind

- Isolate left mouse

- Do not show any cursor

- Monitor movements (left, right, forward, backward... with Rbutton et LButton as modifiers)

- Send commands accordingly to sketchup (or maybe use the dll of 3Dconnexion)

Can someone please help me understand what are the key parts of the current eithermouse script i need to isolate to work on first ? 

Thanks in advance

peter723pan
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Feb 13 2017 03:35 PM

deleted

OK, go to http://ahkscript.org