Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings...

• Please log in to reply
289 replies to this topic
NewJerseyGuy
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Gwarble,

Great program! Waaaay overkill to the extent that I started out looking for a AutoHotkey script to switch left and right buttons without spending an hour learning the syntax but this works just great and saves the family trouble.

Problem I have is that the script did NOT work and I had to use the exe. I use Windows 7 and the error is:

Call to nonexistent function.

Specifically: Notify("Compiling...", A_ScriptName,0)

Below that are lines 002 to 025 with a ---> against line 018

Hope you can get to the bottom of this one :-) If it helps, one mouse is USB wireless the other is USB.

gwarble
  • Members
  • 624 posts
  • Last active: Aug 12 2016 07:49 PM
i don't think the latest version from the first post in the thread uses the function Notify(), but do a search for it in your script and comment it out, or download Notify() (search for it on the forums, its a function of mine)

I just tried to download it as well and the .ahk link seems dead (i'll investigate after work) but the code in the box doesn't have it from my search

- gwarble

ps: thanks, and i'm glad yuo find it useful

LeftHandLuke
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Just wanted to say thanks very much for EitherMouse, works brilliantly under Windows 7 64bit, allows me to give my right hand a rest without mucking around moving mice & settings all the time.

Most excellent..

Dim1r
  • Guests
  • Last active:

i created this script from the skeleton of a dirty script i wrote to detect keys from a usb numpad,

Gwarble, you script EitherKBD is great!
Please tell me how to add shortcuts like:

kbd2_c:
Send {Control_C} ;not sure about syntax
return

kbd2_c:
Send {c}
return

I tried
c::
if jhDevice=FirstMouse
   Send {Control_C}
else
   Send {C}
return

but the problem is that jhDevice variable updated after i c:: shortcut processed because WM_INPUT processed after shortcuts.

• Guests
  • Last active:
@Dim1r: to send ctrl-c use ^c like so
Send, ^c

Guest 2
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Hi there,

Thanks for this! I'm a leftie but have grown up with right handed mice - just discovered today that my left hand is way steadier for graphocs editing etc but decided it was way oto hard to teach myself to use keyboard/mouse the other way around - have a second mouse plugged in now and this software has fixed all my issues! Thanks!

Cheers,
Rebecca

gwarble
  • Members
  • 624 posts
thanks for the feedback, and i'm glad you guys are finding it useful

dim1r: thats the limitation explained in that eitherKbd post

- gwarble

Samser
  • Guests
  • Last active:
@gwarble First I would like to thank you! Many many thanks, this program solved my problem in a minute!

I use a touchpad mouse with standard mouse. My problem was, when I use standard mouse by switching buttons, then touchpad left button does not work. Now I can use my both mouse, tochpad is also working great!

Hadron
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Thank you so much for this great little tool.

Pring
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Thanks for this. This functionality should be built in to Windows.

I have a right shoulder problem, so I have 2 mice connected so I can swap to my left hand to give my right a rest.

By the way. What do the below settings do?

Swap Windows Setting
Swap Registry Setting

gwarble
  • Members
  • 624 posts
Awesome, i'm glad you guys like it

The swap windows settings will open mouse properties toggle the "swap primary button..." checkbox, and save the settings for you... Then EitherMouse will act backwards (ie the left/first mouse will be lefty and the second will be righty... In case you wanted em backward or want the left mouse the default)

Pring
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Thanks gwarble.

What if I have Microsoft IntelliPoint installed? It doesn't have the "swap primary button..." checkbox,

And what does "Swap Registry Setting" do?

gwarble
  • Members
  • 624 posts
Hmm i can't say i remember, probably changes that same setting directly in the registry but i never found a way to "apply" it via postmessage, so it needed a restart... You shouldnt need to use it

For your intellipoint or any setup, just set up both mice the way you use most, start EM, move the one thats already correct, then move the one you want swapped

Tung
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I am running Windows 7 64, and after every boot up or restart it has forgotten my assignments even though the bubble message says that is was loaded successfully. But my left mouse buttons are still the wrong way around and there is a little white dot on the arrow icon.

I have to delete the assignments and save new ones to get it to work again.

Is there any way to overcome this?

Baud
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Sep 16 2013 04:18 AM

I am running Windows 7 64, and after every boot up or restart it has forgotten my assignments even though the bubble message says that is was loaded successfully. But my left mouse buttons are still the wrong way around and there is a little white dot on the arrow icon.

I have to delete the assignments and save new ones to get it to work again.

Is there any way to overcome this?

Same problem for me; has always been so.