Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

what is AU3_Spy.exe

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic
xpxp
  • Guests
  • Last active:
what is AU3_Spy.exe

• Guests
  • Last active:
its a program exe to display certain window's info

jaco0646
  • Moderators
  • 3165 posts
  • Last active: Apr 01 2014 01:46 AM
You may also use AHK Window Info 1.7, which does the same thing, but has more features.

Leef_me
  • Moderators
  • 8510 posts
  • Last active: Sep 10 2015 05:50 AM
Quite a few of the commands available in AHK need information about a program window to act upon it or controls that are part of it. For example:

IfWinExist [, WinTitle, WinText, ExcludeTitle, ExcludeText]

I have seen some very impressive programs written in AHK with toolbars, areas to edit text, and many other things.

If you are writing your own program with a user interface and everything, you may have all the information you need. Or maybe you just need a simple script to correct typing errors, or a hotkey for games.

Sometimes, the person writing a AHK program doesn't want to rewrite a program. They just want to make an existing program easier to use. Or they want to be able to change something. Like how big the prgram window is, or hide the title (like the F11 key does in I.E.)

In the command I listed above you can use some form of the window's title or you can use it's ahk_class or you may need other information. AU3_Spy.exe helps get the information about the window (as Guest said)

It is included with the installation of AutoHotkey.

Leef_me

GuestGirl
  • Guests
  • Last active:

its a program exe to display certain window's info

I accidentally ran it... it does nothing.

SKAN
  • Administrators
  • 9115 posts
  • Last active:

I accidentally ran it... it does nothing.

That utility is like a stethoscope. You have to click-activate any window and hover over it client-area to take a reading.