Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

background clicking

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
glenn1001
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I have some problems with background clicking with autohotkey

the is an example of my script:
ControlClick, x107 y672, World of Warcraft, , LEFT
Sleep, 500
ControlClick, x116 y252, World of Warcraft, , LEFT
Sleep, 500

I have no problems if I use this:
Mouseclick, Left, 107, 672
Sleep, 500
Mouseclick, Left, 116, 252
Sleep, 500

but with ControlClick (clicking while I'm chatting in another window) then he don't click on the coordinates I gave it but on the coordinates where I have my mouse at that moment)

does someone how I can fix this?

Another question:
Is there a way that I can send my ControlSend/ControlClick to multiple windows (for example if I open WOW 2x that he will send it to both WOW windows).

VxE
  • Moderators
  • 3622 posts
  • Last active: Dec 24 2015 02:21 AM
I don't know for sure (I don't play wow), but you'll probably have to update the cursor position in the inactive game window before it will click where you want it to.

glenn1001
  • Guests
  • Last active:

I don't know for sure (I don't play wow), but you'll probably have to update the cursor position in the inactive game window before it will click where you want it to.

what do u exactly mean with this?
do I have to change the script to:
MouseMove, 107, 672
ControlClick, x107 y672, World of Warcraft, , LEFT
Sleep, 500
MouseMove, 116, 252
ControlClick, x116 y252, World of Warcraft, , LEFT
Sleep, 500

VxE
  • Moderators
  • 3622 posts
  • Last active: Dec 24 2015 02:21 AM
What I mean is this: many games track mouse movement while the game client is the active window, or while the mouse is directly over the game client window. This is to update the position of their fancy cursor graphics. Also, these games interpret all mouse events as being at that cursor position... even if something like ControlClick would like it to be otherwise.

So, MouseMove might work, if you have the desired window active, or can somehow make the pointer move directly over that window. But otherwise, you'll have to try messages (SendMessage) to get the desired window to move its pointer.

And since I can't test any possible solutions, you'll either have to wait for help from others or check the hundreds of wow-related threads to see if anyone has already done mouse-ready multi-boxing.