Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Deleting Topics

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic
Sally
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Last active: Oct 30 2009 05:56 PM
Someone keeps deleting my topics and I have no idea why. If I'm not welcome on these forums just say..

SoLong&Thx4AllTheFish
  • Members
  • 4999 posts
  • Last active:
I know moderators sometimes move topics from one forum to another, but other than spammy posts I don't see posts being deleted on purpose (it might happen by accident like the ahklinux posts earlier today)

jaco0646
  • Moderators
  • 3165 posts
  • Last active: Apr 01 2014 01:46 AM
A whole ton of spam was deleted recently, but I don't recall anything with your username. I assume you mean that you've posted something since Please check? If so, I'm not sure what would've happened to it; your username doesn't ring a bell. All I can advise is to repost it (and please use a more descriptive title this time).

Edit: If you're still working on the same topic as the thread I linked to above, please continue to use that one rather than double posting. Asking the same question in multiple threads is a common cause for deletion.

• Guests
  • Last active:

Someone keeps deleting my topics and I have no idea why. If I'm not welcome on these forums just say..

Providing download links to (suspicious) content could be categorized as SPAM. Even more if no detailed description of the content is given.

Sally
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Last active: Oct 30 2009 05:56 PM
I posted twice. I needed someone to check someone's code to make sure it's not gonna break my computer. The code was too long to fit into a post and this forum doesn't have an attachment feature so I uploaded it to rapidshare. Don't see what's wrong with that.

I'm not gonna bother making a third topic. Just giving heads up for the rogue mod :lol:

tidbit
  • Administrators
  • 2709 posts
  • Hates playing Janitor
  • Last active: Jan 15 2016 11:37 PM
rapidshare is a horrible host.
use some host that lets us see the text.
such as:
the official AHK paste: <!-- m -->https://ahknet.autohotkey.com/paste/<!-- m -->
the official AHK sharing site: <!-- m -->https://ahknet.autohotkey.com/<!-- m -->
<!-- m -->http://pastebin.com/<!-- m -->
<!-- m -->http://pastebin.ca/<!-- m -->
or one of the many others that are free and don't limit users and force a wait. A simple google search will result in hundreds of free services.

also, I think I remember seeing your topic. You didn't use
tags. That much text without [code] tags is verrrrry annoying and not good.

when posting any amount of code, even 1 line, wrap them in code tags.
[b][code][/b]text goes here[b]
[/b]

rawr. be very afraid
*poke*
. Populate the AutoHotkey city. Pointless but somewhat fun. .

jaco0646
  • Moderators
  • 3165 posts

I posted twice.

If you're referring to this topic: Please check... and you posted the same thing twice, then likely one of the threads was deleted as a double post.

If one of your threads was deleted and the other remains, why do you say:

...keeps deleting my topics...

:?: keeps infers repetition, not a single occurrence.

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM

Someone keeps deleting my topics

What a shame the person responsible can remain anonymous. If only they left a note somewhere which included the date and linked to their profile we could be of aware as Sally put it, the rogue mod.

autohotkey.com/net Site Manager

Contact me by email (polyethene at autohotkey.net) or message tidbit

jaco0646
  • Moderators
  • 3165 posts
Titan, are you coming 'round to my point of view? :wink: I did contact Chris about this, and got a list of all the threads that were deleted in the days prior; but unfortunately the forum software only keeps track of the post numbers. Neither the titles nor authors are retained, so it seems impossible to determine when or where Sally may have posted (unless a link remains to the deleted topic).

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
No, I don't come 'round to retarded views. I think we both know who deleted those posts.

jaco0646
  • Moderators
  • 3165 posts
Can you explain what reason I would have for not admitting that I deleted some posts? Especially since the forums contain literally hundreds of notes I've made after deleting posts (in addition to the thousands of notes about editing titles and moving threads).

In fact, I haven't denied deleting any posts. I merely stated the, "username doesn't ring a bell." That is the simple truth. If I could remember deleting a thread by the user name 'Sally' I would say so; I've done it many times before. The timing of this question was particularly unfortunate, in that it came shortly after an evening when I deleted at least 50 posts from the forums (spam by guests who I have no way of contacting).

If it was me who forgot to mark Sally's remaining thread after deleting another, I apologise for that oversight; but I think any mildly active forum user can attest to the fact that I make every reasonable effort to document my activity. I leave notes almost on a daily basis, often several per day when I am active. And as always, I am open to suggestions from the community, since the moderators are here to represent their collective interest. I have engaged in several threads along those lines as well, which are available on the forums. Note that I originally responded to this topic in a matter of hours. Why would I have drawn attention to it if I wanted to deny my involvement?

My moderating of these forums is as transparent as I know how to make it. Can you say the same, Titan?

Ace Coder
  • Members
  • 362 posts
  • Last active: Mar 13 2012 11:44 PM
I dont belong in the middle of this but seeing as I seem to be the only one with a memory... Sally posted a thread in the S&F board asking for someone to check her huge script that didnt have code tags. Shortly after she posted it again in the AFH board (not moved but double posted) it is then that her wrong section thread was deleted. This prompted Sally to repost in the wrong section again which was also deleted which made her make this thread. These are the facts. Now my take on what may have happened... Mod deleted double post and wrong section... Since there was already a copy there was no need to move it. Then it got reposted... (this is where we learn mods are human) Said mod has dejavu as they delete the (thought to be) same thread when in fact they had deleted her posting the same thread again. Any questions? There was no rouge mod involved. And Jaco0646 is easily the most active open and helpful mod on these forums. He is the ONLY one that seems to change lame titles to something helpful. Thank you.

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
Who knows why you're in denial, perhaps you were too careless to follow your own discipline. How convenient that you forget Sally after deleting an epic total of 50 posts.

My moderating of these forums is as transparent as I know how to make it. Can you say the same, Titan?

It doesn't need to be. I delete spam and double posts, report bot ips, move threads, edit titles with block caps and do everything else a moderator is supposed to as and when I see them. Nobody wants to read useless bits of text which you call moderation notes. I don't care for glory or recognition so I don't mark my territory wherever I go, most of our other moderators and admins feel the same way. I find it ironic that you accused me of gross misconduct when I edit a post without your permission yet you seem to do it on a daily basis, writing your name in every post you feel like.

jaco0646
  • Moderators
  • 3165 posts
Your first post in this thread was to accuse me of anonymous moderating, an assertion I found ironic since it is your own tactic. I would've expected congratulations from you. Now you're accusing me of just the opposite. Which is it?

...perhaps you were too careless to follow your own discipline.

This is very possible. I don't think I've ever made the claim on these forums that I am perfect. I do make mistakes. When I am aware of them, I am the first to admit it (just ask tinku99 :(). If you do not believe that my memory is faulty, I cannot help that. Ace Coder does remember, and based on that recounting of the facts, I am not surprised the threads were deleted, nor should Sally be.

Titan, you've been waiting 18 months for me to make a mistake so you could throw my old thread in my face and gloat about it. If you've caught me in something unprofessional here, then you should be satisfied. I promise if you wait another 18 months, you will likely have another chance. As I said, "I make every reasonable effort to document my activity." Does this mean I will never forget? Unfortunately, no. All I can do is try to improve.

Nobody wants to read useless bits of text... most of our other moderators and admins feel the same way.

I feel that my documentation offers the community a chance to read it or ignore it, at their discretion. You appear to speak for all of the community, as well as the moderators and the admin (there is only one). I wish I had your confidence, but how can you know what the entire community does or doesn't want to read?

P.S. I did not accuse you of gross misconduct for editing my post without my permission. I accused you of gross misconduct for editing my post anonymously. As I’ve been saying for 18 months now, editing is not the problem. Anonymity is the problem.

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active: May 02 2019 09:16 PM
May i say never mind im not asking i never do i am after all the forum a$$hole

Titan your the most un professional kind of A$$ i have ever seen moderating any forum. to bring this arguement to public when it is clearly one between admins instead of using the private forums for the mods that i know for a fact you both have is just an a$$hole thing to do even by my low standards.

I for one think mods should do as jaco0646 does and make every attempt at documenting changes. any mod who doesnt is in my eyes just being a coward i doubt im alone but I am probably the only one who will say so

a complete ass will delete my post a decent mod will move this whole argument to a new thread
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.