Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Deleting Topics

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic
Ace Coder
  • Members
  • 362 posts
  • Last active: Mar 13 2012 11:44 PM
Wow... This reflects on Chris and the AHK community and this is NOT what we want. I vote to remove this thread and move on with our lives.

sinkfaze
  • Moderators
  • 6367 posts
  • Last active: Nov 30 2018 08:50 PM

I don't care for glory or recognition so I don't mark my territory wherever I go, most of our other moderators and admins feel the same way.

So in one breath you don't care for glory or recognition and in the next you purport to speak for "most of our other moderators and admins"? That's rich. And by the way, people who don't care for glory or recognition don't announce an AHK fork that's still not complete after a year and a half, they announce it when it's actually working.

I don't know why you chose to crawl out of your hole for this, but it wasn't worth it. Just drop it.

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM

Now you're accusing me of just the opposite. Which is it?

You preach against anonymity despite using it to hide your mistakes when it's convenient. This was the implied message through sarcasm.

you've been waiting 18 months for me to make a mistake

Sorry to disappoint but I remain completely indifferent to your existence as a moderator just as I was however long ago when Chris responded to your request. It does frustrate me that you find it acceptable to attack the people who maintain this site for operating in a way that you don't agree with. At one point you displayed a scathing personal attack against me for rewording a post without seeking your prior approval, yet you blame me for unprofessionally while deleting legitimate threads and editing posts to highlight your name. This is childish and hypocritical behaviour so I will call you out on it.

I wish I had your confidence

It comes with experience and understanding. If you weren't so busy imposing your views and criticising the staff who all choose to exercise their right to privacy then maybe you would learn a few things about this community.

to bring this arguement to public when it is clearly one between

It became a public issue when jaco decided it was unnecessary to contact those involved privately and use the forums to express himself.

autohotkey.com/net Site Manager

Contact me by email (polyethene at autohotkey.net) or message tidbit

BoBo³
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Ladies & Gentlemen
I can't believe what I see. If both parties would be fair enough to accept that there's always an option to do things differently (which is simply quite often a matter of personal style). Thx. :roll:

Our main concern is about what serves the community best, right?!

I can't see a real problem here. AHK Admin(s)/Mods/and other BoBos are simply human beings, doing things right or wrong, but not doing anyone harm by intention (plein guessing).

I agree that there's the need to keep things transparent for the user/member. Eg setting a note with shifting a thread isn't something really new, kinda equivalent to a softwares development "history". Nothing uncommon for us, right? If something 'unexpected' is happening to us, we as noob-/semi-/developers are getting instantly into "suspicious-things-are-happening-here-let's-push-the-alarm-button"-mode. Fair enough, but hey let's stay cool folks! 8)

people who don't care for glory or recognition don't announce an AHK fork that's still not complete after a year and a half, they announce it when it's actually working

Not helpfull here. Different topic. Might worth to discuss, or not. IMHO, it's up to the developers to announce that some activity is going on in this area because of
a) it makes sense to combine any effort which might otherwise end up in reinventing the wheel in parallel, and ...
B) it's of course up to everyone of us to (re)focus on things when we think the time is right (some of us might have a live beside AHK. Correct me if I'm wrong).

So again, let's don't end up in that childish manima ALPHA thing (the one women are blaming us for, since we stopped killing mammoths)!! :x

BoBo³
  • Guests
  • Last active:

some of us might have a live beside AHK

My appologies. While you fighting about the real important things in human history, I (again) stumbled into that "live vs life" trap. Stupid Germ(an) me *commiting suicide smiley* :shock:

sinkfaze
  • Moderators
  • 6367 posts

Not helpful here.

Titan's self-congratulatory gloating and continued prodding of this subject isn't helpful, that's the point. If he wants to put his personal issues ahead of the forum's interests, that's his business, but it will get worse here before it gets better. And for what?

BoBo³
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Huh, before anyone of you can abuse what Carcophan has kindly provided at another thread, I proclaim to sue anyone who uses the below image to point to another member (and Guest) of this forum at the court of his Royal Highness Chris Mallett I. ! :twisted:

Posted Image

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active: May 02 2019 09:16 PM

blah blah blah

Posted Image
@ BoBo³ Sue me 8)
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts

you purport to speak for "most of our other moderators and admins"?

I've been here for over half a decade, I know and speak to most of the moderators and I understand this community better than many others so yes, I do speak for most of them and they will agree. But don't take my word for it, count how many other moderators log their activity like jaco does compared to those who remain anonymous.

people who don't care for glory or recognition don't announce an AHK fork that's still not complete after a year and a half, they announce it when it's actually working.

Clearly you haven't the faintest idea when it comes to open source software development, even your understanding of the term fork is fundamentally flawed. Thousands of FOSS projects have been announced before an official release - take openssl as an example, 10 years on and no version 1.0 but millions of active users. My project is the same and is targeted to the Linux community, thanks to the forum post I've received dozens of emails with patches, appreciation, permission to use my code in their work and two full time developers who volunteered to help out. All this from the quietest forum section with no sticky or advertisement. Your statement was way out of line but it's not like I expect you to understand, maybe when you start contributing with code instead of useless dissertations you will realise the benefit of user feedback. Until then with all due respect, stay out of discussions that you have no place in.

there's always an option to do things differently (which is simply quite often a matter of personal style)

I am a firm believer in freedom of expression. Unfortunately on these forums if you don't do things the way jaco wants he'll accuse you of "gross misconduct" and going "beyond rude and extends into the territory of immoral." Pardon me if I refuse to accept totalitarian behaviour from someone who has no ownership of the site.

sinkfaze
  • Moderators
  • 6367 posts

I understand this community better than many others...

Maybe you understood it better than most a half a decade ago, dropping in to cause trouble isn't my idea of someone who understands the community.

...so yes, I do speak for most of them and they will agree.

Given your apparent inability to be rational I'll wait to hear it from them, thanks.

Clearly you haven't the faintest idea when it comes to open source software development...

Clearly you haven't the faintest idea of decor.

Your statement was way out of line...

Your behavior is way out of line and apparently you can't look at your own words and realize that.

...maybe when you start contributing with code instead of useless dissertations you will realise the benefit of user feedback.

Just look at you and wonderful indifference!

Until then with all due respect, stay out of discussions that you have no place in.

You claim to understand this community so well, why is it community members are telling you to stop this and yet you continue?

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
@sinkfaze give up he once went on a rampage against majkinator too he is like the george bush of ahk in charge out of touch and un yeilding to reason

both of us are some of the most active members on this forum and he has no intention of listening to us either

his behavior is even more outrageous than mine and he is aloof to it
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

BoBo³
  • Guests
  • Last active:
What about to link this thread at the AutoIt forum, so they can have a laugh about us while we go on fighting each other around here?? :roll:

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
oh i like
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts

Clearly you haven't the faintest idea of decor.

he is like the george bush of ahk in charge out of touch and un yeilding to reason

Goes to show you really have nothing left to argue with when you have to resort to ad hominem that quick ;)
tank I don't take you seriously for a bit, attention whoring (excuse my French) won't get you street cred, it just shows you up as a moron.

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
great that makes the only difference between us power
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.