Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

OPIE fishing bot for WOW

• Please log in to reply
313 replies to this topic
delete
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • Last active: Aug 19 2010 03:59 PM

changed the / to the button ive bound to that command and now it works almost perfect.

good stuff --- I think I'll just add an "{enter}" before every command like you had done... easy fix

the numpad '/' makes me walk/run, but the keyboard '/' is different. maybe EU versions dont make the distinction?

there is no '/' except the one on numpad and shift+7 on the swedish layout anyway.

i dont know about the added enter, when i used that method i got alot of commands cut in half and stuff.. worked much better when i just changed /.

cant you either search the bindings after open chat slash or let the user input the key its bound to?

Opie
  • Members
  • 101 posts
  • Last active: Feb 04 2011 08:55 PM

changed the / to the button ive bound to that command and now it works almost perfect.

good stuff --- I think I'll just add an "{enter}" before every command like you had done... easy fix

the numpad '/' makes me walk/run, but the keyboard '/' is different. maybe EU versions dont make the distinction?

there is no '/' except the one on numpad and shift+7 on the swedish layout anyway.

i dont know about the added enter, when i used that method i got alot of commands cut in half and stuff.. worked much better when i just changed /.

cant you either search the bindings after open chat slash or let the user input the key its bound to?

Well {enter} should always open chat window no matter what client, so I dont see how it would interfere with sending commands? I added it to function anyways... let me know how it works.

in regards to reading WOW cfg, that means Opie would have to ask what server and maybe even character you are using, which might make some ppl think I'm trying to farm char/passwords. for now I'll think of other methods if the added {enter} dosent work

Opie
  • Members
  • 101 posts
new version up

- preferences window is now merged into main window
- GUI tweaks
- added cast time to wow commands
- more random delays in between clicks and commands
- fixed profile not being saved across restarts
- decreased size of fish scan area slightly
- fixed sendevent option (doh!)

Argah
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Heya again good job fixing the problem we had before, but this new version has 2 issues i detected..does everything correct launches booble, detect splash and then on the splash it atempts to loot but nothing it doesnt even open the loot window, the messages say everything is Ok and continues to fish but always without colecting the loot. The other problem is when i STOP the routine i cant seem to walk backwards or sides and spam on screen "Can´t do that while moving" only when i reload the program it lets me. (not that important but i though worth mentioning).

Opie
  • Members
  • 101 posts

Heya again good job fixing the problem we had before, but this new version has 2 issues i detected..does everything correct launches booble, detect splash and then on the splash it atempts to loot but nothing it doesnt even open the loot window, the messages say everything is Ok and continues to fish but always without colecting the loot. The other problem is when i STOP the routine i cant seem to walk backwards or sides and spam on screen "Can´t do that while moving" only when i reload the program it lets me. (not that important but i though worth mentioning).

my bad, it's fixed...
I gotta stop working on this late night, I miss so many obvious things

I didnt get time to test this one out .. post any other issues if you find any thanks :D

Opie
  • Members
  • 101 posts
alright another attempt at fixing this sendtext issue is up ... 107c

the option to turn it on and off is under advanced in preferences: "use slower method to send commands to WOW"

you'll see flickering a chat window in WOW as the commands are sent in slower sucession -- but on my old dusted off machine it worked, where the faster method didnt.

I will eventually make all this command sending work with macros -- ie set up a few macros and use hotkeys to trigger them -- much less pain

Argah
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Heya it's working fine now for it's main purpose, it's fishing like a charm. Although there are some issues that i was listing and then post here, and you found one of them i also noticed that send commands problem. I might post something stupid (something working as intented) because kinda im noob at this.

Opie
  • Members
  • 101 posts

Heya it's working fine now for it's main purpose, it's fishing like a charm. Although there are some issues that i was listing and then post here, and you found one of them i also noticed that send commands problem. I might post something stupid (something working as intented) because kinda im noob at this.

any help is appreciated as I can't test this out on alot of different machines...
:D

(btw 107d is up -- minor tweaks and small fixes)

Opie
  • Members
  • 101 posts
1.08 is up :

- auto/manual update checking
- more GUI tweaks/ fixes (very BETAish)
- added an option to quit fishing until bags are full
- slight speed improvments for casting routine
- better config file handling if newer version is started
- changed default window location
- expanded tooltip help in preferences
- changed casttime in command list from milliseconds to seconds ( you will need to reenter this list )
- increased amount of 'rest' time during random pause phase
- fixed some variables not being saved

Opie
  • Members
  • 101 posts
1.09 is up

- fixed terrible GUI fade-out transitions
- changed status_check timer to 500ms
- minor GUI tweaks
- auto update set on as default
- changed file checking method when updating

this version hasnt been fully tested -- please post any feedback :wink:

Opie
  • Members
  • 101 posts
1.10 is up (also through autoupdate)
- fixed broken loot detection (sorry!)
- recoding of SendCommand
- fixed speed of status indictator across platforms
- *more* GUI tweaks/ fixes
- code cleanup

Opie
  • Members
  • 101 posts
1.13 is now up -- have fun :D

• Guests
  • Last active:
thank you for the time you put into this bot. it works really well for me. one problem i had was it kept quitting on me after 1 fish cast. it would only happen once and awhile but it seems to have fixed itself. something you might want to look into.
thanks for the script thou like i said it helped me alot

Fisherman_BoB
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Hi, awesome work on the script. very impressive.

Just wanted to mention mouse sweet scan method is great for crowded areas. Just had to lower the activation area a little to improve success rate. (maybe add as an option?)

Speaking of crowded areas, the sensitivity adjustment feature, while simply brilliant, causes problems when other bobers present. I'd suggest an option that would significantly lower the adjustment rate, maybe to 1-2 points. Then false positives will not have such an major affect(currently, it takes another successfull casts to get the sensitivity right).

Also, it would be nice to have an option not to quit WoW when fishing is done.

Once again, amazing script!

Opie
  • Members
  • 101 posts

Hi, awesome work on the script. very impressive.

Once again, amazing script!

thank you :D

Speaking of crowded areas, the sensitivity adjustment feature, while simply brilliant, causes problems when other bobers present. I'd suggest an option that would significantly lower the adjustment rate, maybe to 1-2 points

I had that in the original version - but i found that the lower the number, the longer it eventually found that "sweet spot" -- so I settled for a larger adjustment of 10 up and 9 down and hardwired them in, figuring it was the best trade-off. The 'offset' amounts allows movement in either direction in small increments over time, but makes a quick enough adjustment for a much better chance at a fish catch on immediate next fish routine... if the numbers arent offset, the bot would continually adjust up and down and never actually change.

I could add the option again under advanced ... for now you can adjust amounts with these 2 variables:

no_wSens_amount = 10 <-- adjust when no water is found (detection needs to be set more sensitive)
no_lSens_amount = -9 <-- adjust for when no loot is found (detection needs to be set less sensitive)

found in the function:

set_default_vars()
{
	global

RegRead wow_install, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Software\Blizzard Entertainment\World of Warcraft, InstallPath
	opie_title := "Opie Auto Fisher"
	wow_id := "World of Warcraft"
	fTotalError_threshold = 10
	loot_color = 0x1A1A1A
	wColor = 0xFFEAF6
	wSens_default = 200
	no_wSens_amount = 10
	no_lSens_amount = -9
	Cur_Prf = 
	Prev_Prf =
	useHelp = 1
	pause_chance = 2
	tQuit_total = 90
	tQuit_fish = 300
	wTrans = 255
	option_use_random_title = 0
	option_use_check_for_updates = 1
	option_use_slowsendtext = 0
	option_use_autoequippole = 1
	option_use_autofishbuff = 1
	option_use_autoequipgear = 0
	option_use_autouse = 0
	option_use_scanbobber = 0
	option_use_showwindow = 1
	option_use_timerquit_method = 0
	option_use_fishquit_method = 1
	option_use_macro_fish = 0
	option_use_autostart_wow = 0
	option_use_sendevent = 0
	option_use_autoclam = 1
	option_use_bagsfull_method = 0
	macroFish =
	check_clam_threshold = 10 
	Cur_Fishbuff := "Shiny Bauble  (10 min)"
	Cur_Fishingpole := "<Auto-Select>"

Fishbuff_List    := "Shiny Bauble  (10 min),Nightcrawlers  (10 min),Aquadynamic Fish Lens  (10 min),Bright Baubles  (10 min),"
					  . "Aquadynamic Fish Attractor  (10 min),Sharpened Fish Hook  (10 min),Glow Worm  (60 min),Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat  (10 min)"

Fishingpole_List := "<Auto-Select>,Fishing Pole,Blump Family Fishing Pole,Strong Fishing Pole,Darkwood Fishing Pole,"
					  . "Big Iron Fishing Pole,Seth's Graphite Fishing Pole,Nat Pagle's Extreme Angler FC-5000,Nat's Lucky Fishing Pole,Jeweled Fishing Pole,Bone Fishing Pole,"
					  . "Arcanite Fishing Pole,Mastercraft Kalu'ak Fishing Pole"

Clam_List        := "Giant Darkwater Clam*Darkwater Clam*Reinforced Crate*Brooding Darkwater Clam*Jaggal Clam"
				      . "*Big-mouth Clam*Thick-shelled Clam*Small Barnacled Clam*Soft-shelled Clam*Bloated Salmon"

Cmd_List         := "/cast Path of Frost,10,0*/use Captain Rumsey's Lager,10,0"

Gear_List        := "Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat*Nat Pagle's Extreme Anglin' Boots"

WinX = center
	WinY := a_screenheight - 140
	; fish range ----
	fishx1 := ceil(a_screenwidth*0.24)
	fishx2 := ceil(a_screenwidth*.76)
	fishy1 := ceil(a_screenheight*0.14)
	fishy2 := ceil(a_screenheight*0.63)
	; loot window range ----
	lootx1 := ceil(a_screenwidth*0.02)
	looty1 := ceil(a_screenheight*0.02)
	lootx2 := ceil(a_screenwidth*0.45)
	looty2 := ceil(a_screenheight*0.75)
}

Just wanted to mention mouse sweet scan method is great for crowded areas. Just had to lower the activation area a little to improve success rate. (maybe add as an option?)

good idea, ill look into it.

Speaking of crowded areas, the sensitivity adjustment feature, while simply brilliant, causes problems when other bobers present.

I wrote the bot to mainly function when fishing alone -- i dont see this being an issue for most people, and honestly, I dont think I have the skill (or resources/time) to program a bot to differentiate between bobbers

Also, it would be nice to have an option not to quit WoW when fishing is done.

will do