Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

RADIAL MENU scripts - migrated to new forum

• Please log in to reply
1310 replies to this topic
serenityjazz
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Edit:

I give you an example for step 2:

In item's action you'll have something like: fun Send|^!a

Ntec
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Hi! My RMShowHotkey is the right ctrl key and I have a problem with this key, because RM doesn't release ctrl after menu showing. I must press ctrl whitout mouse movement to release this key. "Send, {RCtrl}" can fix it, but I dont't know how to put this command after RMShowHotkey. Is it possible?

• Guests
  • Last active:

My RMShowHotkey is the right ctrl key

RMShowHotkey. Button that shows RM's main menu or executes mouse gestures. It's Rbutton by default. It can be: 1) any mouse button that can be pressed down and 2) any keyboard key except alt, control, shift, win (modifiers). Hotkey combinations are not allowed.

Ntec
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Problem solved thanks to Logitech SetPoint. I just made a macro with combined right and left control. Now RM works great. :D

asker
  • Guests
  • Last active:
@Learningone: Do you think RM has a future in Windows 8? Or do you already know it´s not possible because of the completely different system? I hope we all will be able to still use it. (Maybe i will use Win7 forever cause of RM :wink: )

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2016 02:30 PM
@serenityjazz: Thanks for giving user to user support (helping loopdesign).

I never used Opera, so I didn't know it can open folders in tabs. If you want to navigate to your favorite folders in Opera as well, than you'll have to adapt Navigator - control handler. That shouldn't be to hard because this file is very well commented and understanding how RMApp_NavControlHandler() works shouldn't be hard. You'll have to use AU3 spy and get the class of control in Opera to which you want to send folder path, and than insert that info as new else if statement in RMApp_NavControlHandler()'s code. Although Navigator - control handler is located in RM's internal folder, modifying this file is OK. Navigator - control handler is the only internal file that has status like files in My codes folder - user is free to adapt it to fit his needs, and updates are not overwriting this file.

I'm glad you found solution how to call context-sensitive menus with joystick. For calling RM's main menu, try calling RMApp_RMShowHotkey() function.

@loopdesign: Hi, I'm glad you like it. :) Serenityjazz gave a good answer to your question, but I'll repeat;
If you want to I send shortcuts to active window by selecting RM item (like Control + w, Control + a, etc.), do the following;
Open RM\My codes\My functions.ahk, put function below inside and save it.
Send(What) {
	Send, %What%
}
Now, if you want that selecting RM item sends;
Control + w to active window, specify Action= fun Send|^w as item action
Control + a to active window, specify Action= fun Send|^a as item action
Control + Alt +a to active window, specify Action= fun Send|^!a as item action
• etc.
For more info, read RM help --> Item Action possibilities --> Executing functions, and about AHK's Send command.

@gemisigo: I saw your post in Tic's Gdip thread. That's the right place to seek for solution for this problem. ;) I haven't tested 64-bit version of Gdip_SetBitmapToClipboard() in the moment of writing this post, but I think I had similar problems when I was playing with finc's 64-bit Gdip, so it's possible that 64-bit Gdip_SetBitmapToClipboard() doesn't work correctly.

Altering SelectArea function is OK . ;) You might be interested in [module] ScreenClip2Win. This module is implemented in my private RMs on work and at home. It's assigned to Control + MButton hotkey, and it's very useful for me.

@Ntec: Hi. As answered here, having modifier key as RMShowHotkey is not allowed. It may work, but I strongly don't recommend it. I see you made it work fine thanks to Logitech SetPoint - OK than, but I'll repeat, I strongly don't recommend having modifier key as RMShowHotkey.

@asker: Hi, I'm glad to hear that you like RM so much :). I think that RM has future in Windows 8. If there will be problems, than I'll try to adapt it. If problems will be so serious that they couldn't be solved with fixes and patches, than it's possible that I'll completely rewrite everything, and make RM3 module and RM5 app. :shock:

randomguy
  • Members
  • 94 posts
  • Last active: Oct 20 2017 11:11 PM
I've tried to use this over LAN connected machines via TeamViewer or Synergy but no luck (see previous page). Maybe something wrong with the mouse lag over LAN, perhaps. Can you dev make a Tray-Icon-MENU item that once clicked upon will display the RMenu at the middle of the Screen for 10 seconds?

Cause I can't activate the menu on the remotecontrol computer using mouse, and my 2 machines are constantly synchronized (so their settings are alike) so they cant have different settings.

gemisigo
  • Members
  • 94 posts
  • Last active: Apr 02 2015 02:36 PM

@gemisigo: I saw your post in Tic's Gdip thread. That's the right place to seek for solution for this problem. ;) I haven't tested 64-bit version of Gdip_SetBitmapToClipboard() in the moment of writing this post, but I think I had similar problems when I was playing with finc's 64-bit Gdip, so it's possible that 64-bit Gdip_SetBitmapToClipboard() doesn't work correctly.

Altering SelectArea function is OK . ;) You might be interested in [module] ScreenClip2Win. This module is implemented in my private RMs on work and at home. It's assigned to Control + MButton hotkey, and it's very useful for me.

Yes, I just thought it might be a sound idea to make a note about it here in case anyone else runs into the same issue.

Thanks for the link to ScreenClip2Win. I should have checked the forum before I tried to reinvent the wheel :) I'll check it later today but it already seems to be very promising. It uses a much more elegant approach.

EDIT: I had to revise my opinion. This thing is absolutely awesome :O :wink: I'd like to change it to use CTRL + MButton and integrate into RM. I guess it should be easy.
EDIT2: Success :) Also, by using the workaround HotkeyIt suggested here I was able to bypass the malfunctioning Gdip_SetBitmapToClipboard. I'm kinda happy now :lol:

comvox
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  • Last active: Jan 29 2017 06:53 AM
When I use the MainMenuShowPos = center in General settings.txt in Radial Menu, the main menu appears in the center, which I like. But the mouse stays wherever it was, which can be quite far from the center. I found that inconvenient, so I wasn't using that option.

Now I have discovered that all I have to do is put
Mousemove, .5*A_ScreenWidth, .5*A_ScreenHeight,0
after Coord,Mouse, Screen in RMApp_RMShowHotkey() in RMapp lib.ahk.
Now when the radial menu appears in the center, the mouse is there too, placing it in the center of the menu. I quite like this, and I'd thought I'd mention it in case it was of interest to someone else. However, this way of obtaining this result does override the setting for MainMenuShowPos.

EDIT: Ooops. This change doesn't work right. It has bad side effects on the right-click function. So I guess that converts this note into instead a request to Learning One about if there is a proper way to get the mouse to be centered when one uses MainMenuShowPos = center.

serenityjazz
  • Guests
  • Last active:
@Learning one

I've try to put this in My Hotkeys.ahk but it doesn't work (first hotkey works for context-sensitive but the second for Main Menu doesn't work)

Joy12::

IfWinActive, ahk_class OperaWindowClass

MenuToShow := 51

RMApp_MyRMHandler2(MenuToShow,"","","",A_ScreenWidth/2,A_ScreenHeight/2)

Joy2::RMApp_RMShowHotkey()

I don't know how to use this function can someone help me ?
I want to show Main Menu with other Hotkey than the default in général setting, ex: F4 or Joy2 ?

ulmuchiha
  • Members
  • 100 posts
  • Last active: Mar 24 2012 02:34 AM
Is there a way to have a separate radial menu/mouse gestures on another button?

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2016 02:30 PM
@randomguy: it can be done, but only by modifying RM's internal codes. Due to facts that: 1) I don't support modifying internal codes, 2) in this case it would be complicated, and 3) I'm not able to test it, my motivation to try to do it is very low. Sorry. :(

@comvox: You can do it only by modifying RM's internal codes, which I don't support, but this time, because it's short and simple, I'll explain how to do it. Open RM\Internal\Codes\RMApp lib.ahk. Scrool down to definition of RMApp_RMShowHotkey() function.
Find this:
else if MainMenuShowPos = center
RM2_Show(1, "center")
replace it with this:
else if MainMenuShowPos = center
{
	MouseMove, A_ScreenWidth/2, A_ScreenHeight/2, 0
	RM2_Show(1, "center")
}
and completely delete this part:
if RMShowMethod is not digit
{
   Sleep, 30
   MouseMove, imx1, imy1
}

@serenityjazz: If you want to be able to call RM's main menu by two hotkeys (to have two RMShow hotkeys); first which is specified in General settings.txt (default) , and another, second hotkey, put this code in My functions.ahk:
RMShowHotkey2(RMShowHotkey, RMSelectMethod, RMShowMethod, RSMShowHotkey) {
	OldRMShowHotkey := RMApp_Reg("RMShowHotkey"), OldRMSelectMethod := RMApp_Reg("RMSelectMethod")
	OldRMShowMethod := RMApp_Reg("RMShowMethod"), OldRSMShowHotkey := RMApp_Reg("RSMShowHotkey")
	RMApp_Reg("RMShowHotkey", RMShowHotkey, 1), RMApp_Reg("RMSelectMethod", RMSelectMethod, 1)
	RMApp_Reg("RMShowMethod", RMShowMethod, 1), RMApp_Reg("RSMShowHotkey", RSMShowHotkey, 1)
	RMApp_RMShowHotkey()
	RMApp_Reg("RMShowHotkey", OldRMShowHotkey, 1), RMApp_Reg("RMSelectMethod", OldRMSelectMethod, 1)
	RMApp_Reg("RMShowMethod", OldRMShowMethod, 1), RMApp_Reg("RSMShowHotkey", OldRSMShowHotkey, 1)
}
/*
Example:
$q::RMShowHotkey2("q", "click", 0, "LButton")	; calls main menu instantly when user presses "q" key, uses click to select method and LButton as a key which opens submenus. User must put $ in front of hotkey or use #UseHook.
*/
And in My hotkeys.ahk, if you want to have Joy12 as "second RMShow hotkey" put this:
$Joy12::RMShowHotkey2("Joy12", "click", 0, "LButton")
You must use $ in front of hotkey or use #UseHook! You could also use different RMSelectMethod, RMShowMethod, RSMShowHotkey parameters in this function call. Something like this will probably be implemented in RM in next update - RM's internal RMApp_RMShowHotkey() function will probably accept optional parameters in the future. Note that I can't test this because I don't have a Joystick, but I hope it will work.

@ulmuchiha:

Is there a way to have a separate radial menu/mouse gestures on another button?

Yes. Use [module] Mouse gestures and combine it with RMApp_MyRMHandler2().

@gemisigo: I'm probably replying too late, but this is a good opportunity to explain what words from RM help mean:

One of RM’s greatest features is that it is highly extendible - you can take/write almost any script/function/module/library/class, and make it part of RM.

Now, if user wants to make a [module] ScreenClip2Win part of of RM, he has to do the following:
Step 1. Save this module, for example in RM\Utilities\ScreenClip2Win.ahk, and include it in RM's main code by putting #Include %A_ScriptDir%\Utilities\ScreenClip2Win.ahk line in Radial menu.ahk in ;===Functions=== section of code, where other includes are. Now RM will have access to all functionalities of this module.

Step 2. Specify how you will use/call functionalities from this module. Let's say user wants to make screen clipping windows by pressing Control+MButton hotkey, and wants to copy image from screen clipping window when he presses Control+c hotkey. Simply open RM\My codes\My hotkeys.ahk and put this code inside.
^Mbutton::SCW_ScreenClip2Win()	; click & drag
#IfWinActive, ScreenClippingWindow ahk_class AutoHotkeyGUI
^c::SCW_Win2Clipboard()		; copy selected win to clipboard
#IfWinActive
That's it. :) Save it, reload RM and try it out. You just implemented new functionality in your RM app. Note that this is different than just "launching a script with RM", because in this example, user made this module part of RM's internal features. He extended RM's native functionalities by implanting this module in it.

Guest Today
  • Guests
  • Last active:
This is my first attempt at using RM.

I had to do some reading to find out how to add items to the menu.

I found some information that said to use RMD. Well I couldn't find how to start RMD. I did some more reading to find out it is included in the latest version of RM.

I watched the video on how to use RMD. The video starts with "After you launch RMD", well I could not figure out how to launch it.

So I searched my hard drive for RMD and found it in the folder Internal\Codes.

I ran RMD.ahk from there.

I was able to drag an item to RM but I had to reload RM for it to show up on the menu.

Is that by design?

I downloaded the EXE, so I was surprised I had to run an .ahk file to run RMD.

Is there some other method for starting RMD?

If that is the only method then I will add it to the RM menu.

thanks

Guest Today
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Ok, I found RMD on the system tray icon.

I have a folder on my desktop named AutoHotkey.

I added that as an item on RM. When I launch the folder from RM it acts like I clicked on AutoHotkey.exe and asks me if I want to create a sample script.

I just want it to open the folder named AutoHotkey on my desktop. It is not a shortcut to anything. Just a folder I created that has all my Autohotkey scripts in it.

I was able to add a different folder to RM and it works. Just not the one named AutoHotkey.

quick fix
  • Guests
  • Last active:

Well I couldn't find how to start RMD.

Select Menu control submenu and than Radial menu designer item.

I was able to drag an item to RMD but I had to reload RM for it to show up on the menu. Is that by design?

Yes. When you want changes to take effect, you have to reload RM.

it acts like I clicked on AutoHotkey.exe and asks me if I want to create a sample script.

Here's a quick fix: Open RM\Internal\Codes\RMApp lib.ahk, go to line 560, and replace this line: Run, %file%, %dir% with this: Run, %ItemAction%