Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

RADIAL MENU scripts - migrated to new forum

• Please log in to reply
1310 replies to this topic
gemisigo
  • Members
  • 94 posts
  • Last active: Apr 02 2015 02:36 PM
Sure, take a look at the docs here: hotkeys and here: keylist. These will help you to catch the basic concept of hotkeys, e.g. ctrl+shift+H is ^+h. Here ^ is ctrl, + is shift, ! is alt, additionally each of these can be restricted to their side like <^ is left ctrl >+ is right shift and so on.

As for different menus for different gestures, I think it's possible (or at least there have been discussions about it), though I prefer saving gestures for other purpose and using context sensitive menus put on my X1 and X2 mouse buttons. But this is a bit more advanced than simply adding menu items. Read the last few pages of the topic, especially Learning one's posts, you should find a clue how it is done.

• Guests
  • Last active:
Hello, I made myself several skins. You can use them in any way you like :)

screenshots:
black sun
black sun simple
raindrops - only good if you don't have submenus, cause it's very transparent

download (with psd files too)

suija
  • Guests
  • Last active:
by the way this was me - suija, as you can see in the txt file
I forgot to type the name, maybe i should register :D, hate double posting

ItsClipZz
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Last active: Oct 11 2012 01:20 PM
its awsome , well the exe is , but the .ahk wont run for me.
Error at line 683 in C:\Users\Comet\Downloads menuv4\Internal\Codes\RMApp Lib.ahk , Line text: {}
Error the leftmost character above is illegal in expression

gemisigo
  • Members
  • 94 posts
How did you try to run it? By the way, why do you want to run the .ahk file? :?

ItsClipZz
  • Members
  • 9 posts

How did you try to run it? By the way, why do you want to run the .ahk file? :?

well so i can modify it and make a menu for my Bot script for a facebook game. i wan it with AutoHotkey ( not AutoHotkey_L )

gemisigo
  • Members
  • 94 posts

well so i can modify it and make a menu for my Bot script for a facebook game. i wan it with AutoHotkey ( not AutoHotkey_L )

Read the first page/post of the topic. I guess it is swarming with AutoHotkey_L specific solutions, so I doubt you'll be able to run it with basic AutoHotkey without extreme modifications. I don't even think it's worth the effort to try. Also, Learning one was quite prudent with the license, therefore you should check if the purpose is allowed by it or not.

Is there any specific reason you want to avoid AutoHotkey_L?

ItsClipZz
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Read the first page/post of the topic. I guess it is swarming with AutoHotkey_L specific solutions, so I doubt you'll be able to run it with basic AutoHotkey without extreme modifications. I don't even think it's worth the effort to try. Also, Learning one was quite prudent with the license, therefore you should check if the purpose is allowed by it or not.

Is there any specific reason you want to avoid AutoHotkey_L?

thanks for your help, I only started using the forum and hearing about _L a few days ago, and my script is huge, I think it would take alot to debug it and get it all working for _L, thanks fir your reply

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2016 02:30 PM
@gemisigo
Thanks for giving user to user support. :)

@suija

Also can I have one radial menu with gesture down and different one with gesture up at the same time?

Yes, of course. Read about Mouse gestures and Mouse gestures alpha in RM help. MGA example:
MGA_U() {                          ; mouse gesture alpha "up"
	RMApp_MyRMHandler2(50, "r")   ; shows menu 50, gets selected item and executes item action if something was selected. Uses "release to select" method.
}

I made myself several skins. You can use them in any way you like

Thanks for sharing your work. :) In upcoming update, I'll put a link to your skins in RM help.

@ItsClipZz
Radial menu v4 application is made for AutoHotkey_L. AutoHotkey Basic is not supported. If you get error messages when you click on Radial menu.ahk, that means you don't have AutoHotkey_L installed. You probably installed outdated AutoHotkey - version 1.0.48.05 (AutoHotkey Basic).

Radial menu.exe is renamed AutoHotkey_L, and when you click on it, it will run Radial menu.ahk with AutoHotkey_L, no matter if you have AutoHotkey Basic installed, and no matter if you don't have any version of AutoHotkey installed at all - that makes RM4 totally independent and portable.

I initially started to develop Radial menu v4 application in AutoHotkey Basic, but later, when RM was almost finished and ready for the first release in September, 2010, I discovered AutoHotkey_L and switched to it. I have no intention to go back to AutoHotkey Basic. Here are some interesting articles about _L vs basic:
Make AHK_L "main" version?
Why use AutoHotkey_L?
Formal request to Polyethene

AutoHotkey_L is the right choice.
Hovewer, if you are forced to use AutoHotkey Basic for some reason, check out RM2module - it is the main engine of Radial menu v4 application and supports both AutoHotkey Basic and AutoHotkey_L.

Also, the newest product I'm working on - the RM3module (third generation of radial menu module) will not support AutoHotkey Basic.

EDIT: it's good to know that by selecting RM item, you can run specific script (in a new process) with any AHK version you want - basic, _L (unicode/ansi/32-bit/64-bit), _H (dll), IronAhk...

My Website • Recommended: AutoHotkey Unicode 32-bit • Join DropBox, Copy

musketball
  • Members
  • 17 posts
  • Last active: Aug 16 2013 07:16 PM
I have finally had a chance to try docks. I think they are fantastic, and as LearningOne suggests, what desktop icons should be. But I am having a problem: if I set SetDocksToDesktop to 1, RM crashes immediately when trying to start. It works if SetDocksToDesktop is 0, which is OK but not as good as if they are always on the desktop. Has anyone else run into problems with this? I am running Windows 7.

By the way, this happens with a fresh install of RM, with no other modifications except as described in the tutorial about docks.
Proud User of Radial Menu

AutoHotkeyDragon
  • Members
  • 90 posts
  • Last active: Sep 01 2013 11:06 PM
NEVERMIND, FIXED!!

To all who are experiencing the same problem:

Get the x86 version of AHK_L. It can be run on both 64- and 32-bit computers, so I recommend it!
AHKDragon

—I should be able to help with your AHK needs, unless it has something to do with anything GUI or complex. I hold no guarantees that I WILL be able to help, though.—

AutoHotkeyDragon
  • Members
  • 90 posts
  • Last active: Sep 01 2013 11:06 PM
Refer to my previous post.
AHKDragon

—I should be able to help with your AHK needs, unless it has something to do with anything GUI or complex. I hold no guarantees that I WILL be able to help, though.—

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts
@musketball: When I run Example 4b AHK_L - Docks.ahk from RM2module.zip, and when SetDocksToDesktop is set to;
• 0, it works fine on Win XP and Win 7.
• 1, it works fine on Win XP but it doesn't work on Win 7. It doesn't crash, I simply can't see docks on the desktop...
I 'm not sure what's wrong and I asked for help to fix this.

About 32-bit and 64-bit Radial menu. You can find more info about this at the end of RM help.
In newest RM update, which is not released yet, I adapted RM codes (including RM designer) to be fully 32-bit and 64-bit compatible.
But 32-bit and 64-bit compatible version of Tic's GDI+ lib is not 100% ready yet...
And btw, I'm running 32-bit RM (32-bit AHK_L) on 64-bit Win 7 all the time.

Moderated
  • Members
  • 124 posts
  • Last active: Aug 27 2015 04:01 PM
Can you add something that tells you when there is a new version of radial menu?
Can you share builds of the new version before you are finished?

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts

Can you add something that tells you when there is a new version of radial menu?

Yes, I should add that...

Can you share builds of the new version before you are finished?

No.