Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

RADIAL MENU scripts - migrated to new forum

• Please log in to reply
1310 replies to this topic
Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2016 02:30 PM

I'm sorry guys. (It's just temporary)

User to user support is always more than welcome.

My Website • Recommended: AutoHotkey Unicode 32-bit • Join DropBox, Copy

Moderated
  • Members
  • 124 posts
  • Last active: Aug 27 2015 04:01 PM

But....Sometimes temporary lasts forever D:

Learning come back...You can blame it all on me

gemisigo
  • Members
  • 94 posts
  • Last active: Apr 02 2015 02:36 PM

I'm experiencing issues when trying to control RM through messages. Actually, none of them work, not even when I use RM messages tester.ahk. Any ideas how to debug this?

Cattleya
  • Members
  • 90 posts
  • Last active: Sep 13 2013 05:11 AM

Anyone still has download link of Radial Menu v4 lastest version, seem I can't download the link in #1.

Sorry problem is about my computer.

And I have a question, can I register file extension for Radial Menu to open with a specific application ?

Example I want .htm, .html, .url open with Firefox Portable.exe...

Moderated
  • Members
  • 124 posts

Try this:

Go to Radial menu v4\Menu definitions\General settings.txt

Find that part that says

[FileExtensions]

and add

htm = (path)Firefox Portable.exe

html = (path)Firefox Portable.exe

url = (path)Firefox Portable.exe

BamBam4275
  • Members
  • 33 posts
  • Last active: Aug 01 2013 05:44 PM

When your computer sleeps, upon wake-up it will be bugged.  RM will be there but not visible (i.e. i can mouse and see the popups from being over items but nothing is visible on screen) Just something to work on when you make it back to AHK Land :p

Moderated
  • Members
  • 124 posts

I just have to keep this amazing script bumped.

tester4
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Last active:

Hi,

I've got an idea for a new option for next release of RM.

It would be great to have a possiblity to open last used submenu (by 'last used' I mean the last submenu that I 'executed' the item from).

It should be implemented as a global RM function that can be used everywhere, so I can make a global gesture 'LEFT' (in addition to UP and DOWN used by RM) that will always open/show last used submenu or create an item in main menu that will be a shortcut to last used submenu.

Last used submenu will really save a lot of time when someone has a multi-level nested submenu - e.g. it's very likely that when you start to work on images you go to 'graphics tools' submenu very often to open an app from that submenu. One can also think about a function that will open 'most frequently used submenu' but that will require more work that implementing 'last used submenu' feature.

Is there a chance for 'open last used submenu' feature with global LEFT gesture (and possibly a shortcut to last used submenu as an item in the main menu) to be implemented in the next release of RM? If not, can you write how to implement this by myself (there should be a global variable to save the group id and small change to execution of items that will save a group id to mentioned global variable)? The implementation will not save the information about last used menu to a file, so it will be fairly easy to implement.

Thanks.

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts

Implemented! wink.png

Before official new RM4 release, here's what you have to do to implement it yourself; Open RM\Internal\Codes\RMApp lib.ahk, find RMApp_RMShowHotkey() function and this line in it; ItemNum := v1, MenuNum := v2. It should be line number 383. After that line, insert this code;

if (MenuNum != 1)
    RMApp_Reg("LastUsedSubmenu", MenuNum)

Save changes. Now you can get LastUsedSubmenu number anywhere in the code by calling; LastUsedSubmenu := RMApp_Reg("LastUsedSubmenu")

How to use example - if you want to call last used submenu by Mouse gesture alpha Left, and use release to select method, open RM\My codes\My mouse gestures.ahk and put this code in it;

MGA_L() {
    RMApp_MyRMHandler2(RMApp_Reg("LastUsedSubmenu"), "r")
}

Save changes, reload RM, and try it out. wink.png

BamBam4275, See RM help >> Known issues >> RM sometimes isn't visible after resuming from hibernation in Windows 7

tester4
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Last active:

I haven't tested your solution yet, but one question arises: will there be a need for any other changes when I decide to use only keyboard (based on

http://www.autohotke...=551384#p551384). I don't know whether RMApp_RMShowHotkey() is ever called when you decide to use only keyboard, so in such situation LastUsedSubmenu variable will never be set.

BTW, why keyboard is not a part of standard package? In the configuration file one could possibly enable/disable the keyboard activation shortcut, so it will not be a problem for these who don't like the keyboard.

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts

Just find ItemNum := v1, MenuNum := v2 line in RMKeyboardCall(SelectItemKey) function, and after that line, insert the same code;

if (MenuNum != 1)
    RMApp_Reg("LastUsedSubmenu", MenuNum)

I'll think about making RMKeyboardCall functionality part of a standard RM4 package.

Moderated
  • Members
  • 124 posts

Glad you're back.

I have radial menu set to suspend itself whenever I am playing a steam game, and unsuspend when I stop. However, it unsuspends even when I manually suspend it. Can you help me?

SetTimer, currentTime, 4000
Return
currentTime:
process, exist, gameoverlayui.exe
if errorlevel = 0
{
RMApp_Suspend(0)
flag = 0
winclose ahk_class VANUITooltip
}
else
{
RMApp_Suspend(1)
if !flag
run C:\Users\Stephen\Google Drive\Radial menu v4\My codes\Myhotkeyswhilesuspended.ahk
flag = 1
winclose ahk_class VANUITooltip
}
Return

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts

it unsuspends even when I manually suspend it.

Your timer is doing that. By manually suspending RM4, you are suspending RM4's hotkeys and hotstrings, but you are not stopping your timer which will unsuspend or suspend RM4 again if conditions in your currentTime subroutine are met.

Moderated
  • Members
  • 124 posts

I figured it out. When I removed the flag stuff, tabbed it out per thingy, and turned it into a simple x= it made it a lot easier for me to figure out what was wrong.

currentTime:
FormatTime, time
GuiControl, clock: , display, %time%
process, exist, gameoverlayui.exe
if errorlevel = 0
{
	if x=1
		{
		RMApp_Suspend(0)
		x=0
		}
	else
		{
		return
		}
}
	else
		{
		RMApp_Suspend(1)
		run C:\Users\Stephen\Google Drive\Radial menu v4\My codes\Myhotkeyswhilesuspended.ahk
		x=1 
		}
Return

tester4
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Last active:

Hi,

Unfortunatelly, I'm having known issue with RM that isn't visible after resuming from hibernation - in my case - in Vista 32bit.

I'm trying to solve the problem, by creating a script that will force RM to reload after exiting from hibernation.

1) Is it possible to call "Radial menu.exe /reload" that will force the following procedure:

if RM is not started -> start it

if RM is already started -> reload it

exit

I suspect my idea has something in common with a section in help called "Sending windows messages to RM". Maybe someone could develop more general idea, sth like the following:

"Radial menu.exe param=<id>" so "Radial menu.exe param=02" would call reload, "Radial menu.exe param=040" would turn the sound off, etc.

2) Different problem: is it possible to open radial menu view from other application, e.g.  calling 'a.bat' will open chosen menu in 'click' mode. Maybe it can be done by sending windows messages to RM with a new id to be implemented that would also include profile+menu information. Possible new id could be used to change profile from other app, and the other - to show chosen menu in 'click' mode ('release' mode will not have a sense here).

Thanks for the answers.