Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

RADIAL MENU scripts - migrated to new forum

• Please log in to reply
1310 replies to this topic
Cattleya
  • Members
  • 90 posts
  • Last active: Sep 13 2013 05:11 AM

Hi Learning_one, can you remove Radial menu.exe from this package and use %AhkPath% instead to run .ahk script.

Can I modify some core library of the script to make it work good for my project, I will give credit to you.

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2016 02:30 PM

... I'd send you a bottle of fine wine ...

thanks for the offer happy.png

can you remove Radial menu.exe from this package and use %AhkPath% instead to run .ahk script

The main purpose of Radial menu.exe is portability - it allows you to easily run RM4 and AHK scripts on any computer, including those on which AHK isn't installed. It also ensures that RM runs with AHK (_L) - some users still have old AHK Basic installed, which is not compatible with RM4 app. These are the main resons why Radial menu.exe will stay in the package.

Can I modify some core library of the script to make it work good for my project, I will give credit to you.

Could you explain a little bit better what you would like to do? Modify RMApp lib.ahk? RM2module.ahk? Do you want to make your own application based on it? (Also, please read RM2module and RM4 app licenses.)

My Website • Recommended: AutoHotkey Unicode 32-bit • Join DropBox, Copy

chromax
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Last active: Jul 03 2017 02:04 PM

Thats what I scribbled some time ago on paper. But not as a launcher, but as a taskbar!

(a radial launcher already exist, called Radian)

I also use objectdock as a fancy taskbar (you can configure it to only show running Apps) but THIS would be fantastic as a taskbar at your hand! Everytime, everywhere!

You do not have to scroll to the task in the taskbar, the task are around your cursor.

Would that be possible? Please really consider that!

I use the combination "Hold-Left-Mouse + Click-Right-Mouse" for other things, but it would be perfect for this.

Cattleya
  • Members
  • 90 posts
  • Last active: Sep 13 2013 05:11 AM

Could you explain a little bit better what you would like to do? Modify RMApp lib.ahk? RM2module.ahk? Do you want to make your own application based on it? (Also, please read RM2module and RM4 app licenses.)

grin.pngI just want to edit Radial Menu.exe to %AhkPath% to bundle Radial Menu with my software(a package).

gemisigo
  • Members
  • 94 posts
  • Last active: Apr 02 2015 02:36 PM

I've just got to the point where I had time to upgrade. Live code sounds fantastic. I'll test it tomorrow but if it works as described it's exactly what I needed happy.png

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts

@chromax: I know for Radian and other similar programs. I wasn't satisfied enough with them so I made my own. wink.png
Download RM2module and try the following examples:

• Example 4b AHK_L - Docks.ahk
  • Example 5 - Toolbar.ahk
  • Example 8b AHK_L - Context-sensitive docks.ahk

Do you like those concepts? They can be turned into taskbar.

@Cattleya:

... bundle Radial Menu with my software(a package)

Nobody is allowed to bundle Radial menu v4 with any software package. The only legal way of obtaining Radial menu is visit this topic, and download it from the official link written in the first post. Nobody is allowed to upload Radial menu v4 anywhere else. Please read Radial menu license.

@gemisigo: try it out and post your impressions and suggestions

Good news - for all of you who have "RM4 is not visible after resuming from hibernation" problem - I have finished Redraw() function, which redraws all radial menus and docks without reloading RM4 process. I'll make it available for testing soon.

Btw, anyone tried RM4 on Windows 8? Does it work fine?

unimportant_ahk_user
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active:

Hi,

thx for this great script. Changed my worklife and saves me much time :-)

I wanted to know if it is possible to use RMmodule this way:

1) When a user is in notepad in a line starting with the full) word XYZ show this dock

2) When a user is in notepad in a line starting with the  (partial) wordpart LMN show this dock

3) When a user is in notepad in a line containing the word (full) ABC show that dock

4) When a user is in notepad in a line containing the wordpart (partial) DEF show that dock 

I don´t know if this is understandable. I just want a context sensitive docks that provide the specific "orange"actions for the user who is writing a line starting/containing "orangethings". I guess that involves regex. Can that be done?

Again, thank you for the work. Everybody should keep in mind, that you should have kept the script for yourself instead of giving others the chance/help to use it.

gemisigo
  • Members
  • 94 posts

@gemisigo: try it out and post your impressions and suggestions

I've been using RM for quite a long time now and through these months the contexts sensitive hotkeys/hotstrings and menus accumulated to such an extend that it became uncontrollable. Many of my hotkeys/hotstrings call functions so I placed those functions into My hotkeys/My hotstrings files but that made the code untidy, therefore I moved them to My functions but that in turn has broken the direct connection between them and having to edit two or more files simultaneously made code maintenance a lot more harder (they often came out of sync as well).

So I decided to put some order into things and made a script (which I intend integrate into RM) that uses a timer to determine the current application and start/shutdown its context script whenever it is necessary. It was all good and nice but then I recognized that I had context sensitive menus as well and I was unable to migrate those. Until you came up with Live code. I was just about to ask for it wink.png  

It is what I needed, indeed, thank you, thank you very much, you're my hero of the day happy.png   Though I had hard time adapting to it and was just about to start complaining it does not work at all when I noticed that while Radial Menu runs in admin mode, my test codes do not so it's no wonder they cannot write to Radial menu - message receiver controls.

Impressions:
Invoking a menu using Live code is a bit slow. Though that was sort of expected, it's IPC after all, but it's still a bit inconvenient. Not the 'unusably slow', not even 'annoyingly slow', it's just that itching thing when you feel that you have to wait for something a few milliseconds longer than you would like to unsure.png  I tried tinkering with RMLiveCode function, changed Sleep, 50 to Sleep, 25 here and there (don't know if that is significant or not), replaced PostMessage with Sendmessage and removed 'Sleep, 50' there but it didn't really make any difference. Any hints on how to make it faster? Just a little bit faster...

EDIT: I don't know what exactly happened but suddenly it got faster wink.png But one issue goes, another comes. I cannot get release method to work. I made a couple of click menus, they work properly, but whenever I try to invoke a release method menu, it only flickers and then vanishes sad.png

Moderated
  • Members
  • 124 posts
  • Last active: Aug 27 2015 04:01 PM

Yes I have.

This is RM4 donate link;
If you like Radial menu v4 application and you want to donate, give the money to any person in trouble which deserves and needs help, or to any charitable organization of your choice. Instead of giving money, you can "donate" by helping others on other ways - do any good deed you find appropriate. Doing so is equal as you directly donated money to me (Learning one).

Q&A: 1) No, I'm not rich and I am interested in money. 2) I'm feeling fine, thanks. 3) RM4 license applies equally on those who donated and those who didn't - donation doesn't give you more rights. 4) If you want to obtain more rights than those granted in RM4 license (for example, if you want to commercially use RM4), contact me.

I don't want more rights or to use it commercially or anything like that. But after all this time of working on this, and dealing with stupid users(me) constantly bugging you, don't you think you deserve a little gift? This program is amazing and I use it basically every second of the day.

comvox
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  • Last active: Jan 29 2017 06:53 AM

There is a change from v. 4.35 to v.4.36 which may be unintended. It concerns the use of functions as an item action. Suppose the function demo has four parameters, demo(param1, param2, param3, param4).  In v. 4.35 one can do something like 
action=fun demo|
But  in v. 4.36, one has to have four parameters listed in the action, although they could be empty parameters like
action = fun demo||||
Or at least, that's the way it functions on my system. 

By the way, thank you so much, Learning one, for continuing to develop this wonderful program!

gemisigo
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Is it possible to use functions local to the calling script as menu items when creating/using menus from scripts other than RM using live code?

Matthaiks
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Last active: Oct 30 2013 03:10 PM

Hi! Thanks for RM. It's terrific!

I found a bug. After running some old games RM looks like this (on the right):

https://www.dropbox....uhrr28w2/RM.png

It has something to do with the reduced color bit depth. I'm using Windows 7 x64.

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts

@unimportant_ahk_user
Hi, I'm glad you like it. When you get the answer here, say it and I'll try to help you to make such context sensitive docks.

@gemisigo, part 1
Those sleeps in RMLiveCode() are for reliability. Each call will have 250 ms sleep; 4x50 in RMLiveCode() and 1x50 in RMApp_MessageReceiverExecute().
Currently, each call is processed separately, and that causes 250 ms sleep after each one - for example, if you make 8 calls you'll have 2 seconds total sleep sad.png   ... but I was thinking about implementing "calls separator" which would allow you to "pack" 8 calls into 1 and have only 250 ms total sleep.

Regarding release to select method, you must be careful to specify correct "wait to release" key:

#F2::RMLiveCode("fun RMApp_MyRMHandler2|11|r|F2")	; "F2", not "#F2"
#F3::RMLiveCode("fun RMApp_MyRMHandler2|12|r|F3")	; "F3", not "#F3"

@Moderated
Ok, Ok, I'll think about it. happy.png Thanks. happy.png

@comvox
Yes, one of the 4.35 to 4.36 changes is that functions in item action now can accept unlimited number of parameteres, but it obvouously has some negative side effects. "Proper solution" would be to redesign a function and make parameters optional, for example instead of Function(a,b,c) make Function(a="",b="",c=""), and than you can call action=fun Function|

However, you could try improvement from my private RM v4.3604 which will probably be implemented in next official release; RM v4.37;
Open RMApp lib.ahk, go to line 475, which should be if (SubStr(ItemAction,1,3) = "fun") {. Replace that entire block with this;

Spoiler

@gemisigo, part 2
I'm not sure do I understand you well. If your question is "is it possible to use functions from the calling script as RM item actions", than the answer is Yes - because you have SelectedItem|SelectedMenu information returned from RMLiveCode().

@Matthaiks
Hi, I'm glad you like it. I'm not sure what is causing this... You'll have to reload RM for now, but in incoming update, there is an new functionality which redraws all radial menus and docks in RM without reloading whole RM process, and this should solve this problem and "RM4 is not visible after resuming from hibernation" problem as well.

comvox
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  • Last active: Jan 29 2017 06:53 AM

Learning One wrote:

"Proper solution" would be to redesign a function and make parameters optional, for example instead of Function(a,b,c) make Function(a="",b="",c=""), and than you can call action=fun Function|

Thanks! I like that solution. It's simple, elegant, and effective.

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts

Ok happy.png

btw, (gemisigo) I just redesigned some things in RMLiveCode, which now allows user to "pack" multiple calls at once - result: faster performance. In some cases drastically faster. Coming in next official release.