Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

RADIAL MENU scripts - migrated to new forum

• Please log in to reply
1310 replies to this topic
Matthaiks
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Last active: Oct 30 2013 03:10 PM

@Matthaiks
Hi, I'm glad you like it. I'm not sure what is causing this... You'll have to reload RM for now, but in incoming update, there is an new functionality which redraws all radial menus and docks in RM without reloading whole RM process, and this should solve this problem and "RM4 is not visible after resuming from hibernation" problem as well.

OK, I'm looking forward to the update. Thanks.

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2016 02:30 PM

I'm working on CheckForUpdates and AutoCheckForUpdates features and I would like to hear which alignment looks better to you; center or left?
pDOweBr.png

My Website • Recommended: AutoHotkey Unicode 32-bit • Join DropBox, Copy

Moderated
  • Members
  • 124 posts
  • Last active: Aug 27 2015 04:01 PM

Reducing the width to remove all the extra space would make it look better. The left aligned needs it a lot more than the centered though, so if you keep this width go with centered.

Cei
  • Members
  • 23 posts
  • Last active: Oct 30 2014 03:37 PM

which alignment looks better; center or left?
pDOweBr.png

Center ;) 

gemisigo
  • Members
  • 94 posts
  • Last active: Apr 02 2015 02:36 PM

Thanks for the info, Learning one. What's the schedule for the next official release schedule?

By the way, Center :)

Wickster
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  • Last active: Jun 03 2019 03:24 AM

I'm working on CheckForUpdates and AutoCheckForUpdates features and I would like to hear which alignment looks better to you; center or left?
pDOweBr.png

Center here for me too :)

joefango
  • Members
  • 56 posts
  • Last active: Jan 20 2018 02:44 PM

Hi there,

I'm a old RM user and just think to ask Learning One something: You don't want to create your own website with forum and subcategories ?

It will increase the development and community support ?

Cei
  • Members
  • 23 posts
  • Last active: Oct 30 2014 03:37 PM

Don't you want to create your own website with forum and subcategories ?

Why don't you? :) Many of the good projects on the interweb have their own wiki page made by fan. So I guess if you're dedicated enough and is eligible/free, why not? ;) Do it!

joefango
  • Members
  • 56 posts
  • Last active: Jan 20 2018 02:44 PM

It would be really great but I can't do this cause not enough free time and really don't know how to do this ? (maybe a friend of mine can do it)

gemisigo
  • Members
  • 94 posts

@gemisigo, part 2

I'm not sure do I understand you well. If your question is "is it possible to use functions from the calling script as RM item actions", than the answer is Yes - because you have SelectedItem|SelectedMenu information returned from RMLiveCode().

I see the concept but I find it a bit... rigid. I can use SelectedItem|SelectedMenu pair to use if then elseif structure to call different functions in the calling script but that makes the menu hardwired into the code. Changing the position of the menu item requires changing the code at the same time. Also, not setting the Action will make it not yield a result in RMLiveCode(). Though the menu item will be present, there won't be SelectedItem|SelectedMenu pair returned.

I created a function that returns its only parameter so I could set it as the Action and I thought it would be nice if RMLiveCode code retrieve the result of the item action result (if there is any) as well (eg. SelectedItem|SelectedMenu|ActionResult) so I could use that as an anchor since its return value would be independent of the item position. What do you think about that?

gemisigo
  • Members
  • 94 posts

@gemisigo, part 1

Regarding release to select method, you must be careful to specify correct "wait to release" key:

#F2::RMLiveCode("fun RMApp_MyRMHandler2|11|r|F2")	; "F2", not "#F2"
#F3::RMLiveCode("fun RMApp_MyRMHandler2|12|r|F3")	; "F3", not "#F3"

That's fine with Function keys but fails when XButton1 or XButton2 is the invoking key. The click method works properly but the release does not. It worked when the button was handled by RM but it does not now. Why? What's the difference?

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts

Thakns for feedback! wink.png  Updates window will have center alignment.

What's the schedule for the next official release?

Next official release will probably come in 1-2 weeks.

You don't want to create your own website with forum and subcategories?

I'm currently not motivated to create it...

... RMLiveCode() ... SelectedItem|SelectedMenu, Action ...

Item actions are stored in RMApp_RegIA(). Put this in My functions.ahk

RMHandler3(GuiNum, SelectMethod="", key="", options="",ShowPosX="", ShowPosY="") {
	SelectedItem := RMApp_MyRMHandler2(GuiNum, SelectMethod, key, options, ShowPosX, ShowPosY)
	if (SelectedItem != "") {	; if user selected something
		StringSplit, v, SelectedItem, |
		ItemNum := v1, MenuNum := v2, ItemAction := RMApp_RegIA("M" MenuNum "#I" ItemNum)
		return ItemNum "|" MenuNum "|" ItemAction
	}
}

and call F1::MsgBox % RMLiveCode("fun RMHandler3|11|c") from another script

RMLiveCode, release to select, XButton1, XButton2

I don't have XButton1, XButton2 so I'm unable to test those cases, but try to put ~ sign before hotkey and say does it work. Example:

~XButton1::RMLiveCode("fun RMApp_MyRMHandler2|11|r|XButton1")

gemisigo
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Thakns for feedback! wink.png  Updates window will have center alignment.

Next official release will probably come in 1-2 weeks.

Nice happy.png Eagerly awaiting it.

Item actions are stored in RMApp_RegIA(). Put this in My functions.ahk

RMHandler3(GuiNum, SelectMethod="", key="", options="",ShowPosX="", ShowPosY="") {
    SelectedItem := RMApp_MyRMHandler2(GuiNum, SelectMethod, key, options, ShowPosX, ShowPosY)
    if (SelectedItem != "") {    ; if user selected something
        StringSplit, v, SelectedItem, |
        ItemNum := v1, MenuNum := v2, ItemAction := RMApp_RegIA("M" MenuNum "#I" ItemNum)
        return ItemNum "|" MenuNum "|" ItemAction
    }
}

and call F1::MsgBox % RMLiveCode("fun RMHandler3|11|c") from another script

Perfect, thank you very much.

I don't have XButton1, XButton2 so I'm unable to test those cases, but try to put ~ sign before hotkey and say does it work. Example:

~XButton1::RMLiveCode("fun RMApp_MyRMHandler2|11|r|XButton1")

Alas, that didn't work. I guess I'll have to use it in click mode.

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts

RM2module updated to v2.18
What's new?

• added RM2_Redraw() function - redraws all radial menus and docks without reloading whole script. Useful if you have "layered windows are not visible after resuming from hibernation" problem.
  • added more functions and "properties"; RM2_Delete(), RM2_IsDock(), RM2_IsMenu(), RM2_IsRM2moduleOn(), RM2_IsGdipStartedUp(), RM2_Reg("MenusList"), RM2_Reg("DocksList"), etc. More info in RM2module.ahk documentation in comments
  • internal improvements

Radial menu v4 update comes in next few days...

Moderated
  • Members
  • 124 posts
  • Last active: Aug 27 2015 04:01 PM

Is redraw going to be something that automatically happens in certain situations or is it something we need to call?

A hotkey would probably be good for calling it if it isn't automatic.