Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

RADIAL MENU scripts - migrated to new forum

• Please log in to reply
1310 replies to this topic
Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2016 02:30 PM

As I didn't find reliable way which will notify script when computer is resuming from hibernation and which will work on Win XP, Vista, 7 and 8, you'll have to call it manually. I'm calling it by left-up-right mouse gesture. Here's what RM help (not released yet) says about RMApp_Redraw() function;

RMApp_Redraw() Redraws all radial menus and docks without reloading whole RM process. Useful if you have "RM isn't visible after resuming from hibernation in Windows 7" problem. It's up to you to decide how you will call this function. Suggestion: put code below in RM\My codes\My mouse gestures.ahk, save changes and reload RM.

MG_LUR() {  ; mouse gesture left-up-right = Redraw
      RMApp_Redraw()
}

My Website • Recommended: AutoHotkey Unicode 32-bit • Join DropBox, Copy

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts

Radial menu application updated to v4.37

What's new?

• added RMApp_Redraw() function - redraws all radial menus and docks without reloading whole RM process. Useful if you have layered windows are not visible after resuming from hibernation problem. More info in RM help.
  • imporved RMLiveCode - now allows "packing" multiple calls in one. Result: faster performance. More info in RM help and RM\Utilities\Test - RM live code.ahk
  • added CheckForUpdates and AutoCheckForUpdates features which can check for AutoHotkey and Radial menu updates. More info in RM help.
  • improved RM help - some things are reorganized and now it comes with  Table of Contents
  • changed "Menu control" submenu - added "Check for updates" and "General settings" items
  • changed "Loading Radial menu..." splash screen
  • added MouseGestureMinDistance
  • HotKeyIt and Bentschi added to thanks to section. Thank you guys!
  • includes newest RM2module 2.18 and AutoHotkey 1.1.10.01
  • other internal improvements

RM Changelog: v4.00 --> v4.01, v4.01 --> v4.20, v4.20 --> v4.25, v4.25 --> v4.26, v4.26 --> v4.27, v4.27 --> v4.29, v4.29 --> v4.30, v4.30 --> v4.31, v4.31 --> v4.32, v4.32 --> v4.33, v4.33 --> v4.34, v4.34 --> v4.35 , v4.35 --> v4.36

________

P.S. I'll be offline probably until 01.07.2013.

Moderated
  • Members
  • 124 posts
  • Last active: Aug 27 2015 04:01 PM

The autoupdate link doesn't take me to the update or start the update. It takes me to the change log, which is cool and all, but then I have to manually go to the update page. Maybe it could have separate links for change log and download?

EDIT: also, if I have a newer version than radial menu does, do I just rename the .exe for autohotkey to radial menu and move it over?

loumizhu
  • Members
  • 21 posts
  • Last active: Oct 25 2019 04:53 AM

hi

i tried to use the Menu Definition method, to make my radial menu (using rmmodule2)

it worked fine, but don't know how to make submenus

i tried the

Submenu = submenu in the txt file (i put the text file in subfolder submenus and in same folder too)

it didn't work

i made a function to show the submenu like this

Submenu(){
SelectedItemNumber2 := RM2_Handler(7, "c", "", "pos") ; shows menu, gets selected item position(number), and than hides menu. Uses "click to select" method.
oMenu2.Execute(SelectedItemNumber2) ; executes item action; 1) runs file or folder or 2) function (fun prefix) or 3) subroutine (sub prefix)
}

it show the menu but don't execute any function.

thanks for your time

joefango
  • Members
  • 56 posts
  • Last active: Jan 20 2018 02:44 PM

hi

i tried to use the Menu Definition method, to make my radial menu (using rmmodule2)

it worked fine, but don't know how to make submenus

i tried the

Submenu = submenu in the txt file (i put the text file in subfolder submenus and in same folder too)

it didn't work

thanks for your time

Hi,

I followed the doc's instructions and anything works fine...

loumizhu
  • Members
  • 21 posts

well , i did not used radial menu 4, but rmmodule2 .

but i guess i'll have to convert my menus (andmy remapping script) to radial menu4

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts

@Moderated

The autoupdate link doesn't take me to the update or start the update. It takes me to the change log, which is cool and all, but then I have to manually go to the update page.

I had disscusion with some people, including Lexikos, which web page should be opened when you click on "AutoHotkey updates available" button and it turned out that AHK change log is the best choice.

AutoHotkey update doesn't automatically update Radial menu.exe because that's too risky - some AutoHotkey updates break compatibility with scripts written till that moment. Take a look at some AutoHotkey breaking changes examples: example1, example2, etc.

Maybe it could have separate links for change log and download?

Good suggestion. I'll think about that.

... do I just rename the .exe ...

Yes. Instructions from RM help file:
Radial menu.exe is in renamed AutoHotkey_L Unicode 32-bit. To upgrade to latest version of AutoHotkey; exit RM, delete Radial menu.exe, download latest AutoHotkey, rename it to Radial menu.exe, and put it in RM folder. Note: ANSI build is not allowed, only UNICODE.

@loumizhu
RM2module doesn't have built-in support for submenus. I'm planning to make it available in RM3module, but the plans may change...

I see you are using oMenu2.Execute() - the code from Example 9 AHK_L - Menu definition in RMApp style. Just to inform you I improved that example and the class few days ago. Here's how basic example may look now:

MenuDefinition =
(`
[Item1]
Text= Calc
Icon=
Action= Calc

[General]
CentralText= test
)

RM2_On(A_ScriptDir "\Merlock's device") ; loads skin
oMenu := new RM2Menu(MenuDefinition) ; creates radial menu object
RM2_Off() ; unloads skin
return

F1::oMenu.Show("r") ; shows menu in release to select mode
F2::oMenu.Show("c") ; shows menu in click to select mode

#Include RM2Menu class.ahk ; or put it directly in the script - it's not too long (less than 250 lines)
#Include RM2module.ahk
#Include Gdip.ahk

I'll try to upload it tomorrow... It supports executing functions & subroutines and you can create/edit radial menus directly in Radial menu designer (stand alone package).

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts

It's too early for official RM2module update, but here's what I was talking about in post above:
- improved Example 9 AHK_L - Menu definition in RMApp style.ahk
- RM2module.ahk - v2.1801 (prerelease)
Download here, and update your RM2module lib folder with those 2 new files.

loumizhu
  • Members
  • 21 posts

thanks a lot Learning one

you're the man :)

grin.png

chromax
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Last active: Jul 03 2017 02:04 PM

@chromax: I know for Radian and other similar programs. I wasn't satisfied enough with them so I made my own. wink.png
Download RM2module and try the following examples:

• Example 4b AHK_L - Docks.ahk
  • Example 5 - Toolbar.ahk
  • Example 8b AHK_L - Context-sensitive docks.ahk

Do you like those concepts? They can be turned into taskbar.

@Cattleya:

Nobody is allowed to bundle Radial menu v4 with any software package. The only legal way of obtaining Radial menu is visit this topic, and download it from the official link written in the first post. Nobody is allowed to upload Radial menu v4 anywhere else. Please read Radial menu license.

@gemisigo: try it out and post your impressions and suggestions

Good news - for all of you who have "RM4 is not visible after resuming from hibernation" problem - I have finished Redraw() function, which redraws all radial menus and docks without reloading RM4 process. I'll make it available for testing soon.

Btw, anyone tried RM4 on Windows 8? Does it work fine?

Hi,

sorry for the long response.

To show the concept I simply made an HTML5 animation of my idea (with a little fancy animation)

http://chromax.de/te...anager_concept/

The trigger could be any key + mouse combination. I prefer the "Hold right and click left"-mouse combination.

As a graphic designer, I could make a design for it. But my scripting-abilites tend to zero. 

By the way, I think the designs of the examples are too much, clean and simple is better.

gemisigo
  • Members
  • 94 posts
  • Last active: Apr 02 2015 02:36 PM
Maybe it could have separate links for change log and download?

Let me second that idea ;)

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts

Hi, sorry for late reply.

@chromax: I like your concept, animation, ideas and your indirect graphic design offer. Thanks. If you think that current skins are too much, tell me have you seen this concepts? This is still work in progress, not ready to be released yet, but I have working prototypes... Some of those "vector skins" really have clean and simple design (I think). As a graphic designer, what do you think about them?

@gemisigo: Ok. Btw, you made 1000. post in this topic - congrats happy.png

chromax
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Last active: Jul 03 2017 02:04 PM

Hi, sorry for late reply.

@chromax: I like your concept, animation, ideas and your indirect graphic design offer. Thanks. If you think that current skins are too much, tell me have you seen this concepts? This is still work in progress, not ready to be released yet, but I have working prototypes... Some of those "vector skins" really have clean and simple design (I think). As a graphic designer, what do you think about them?

@gemisigo: Ok. Btw, you made 1000. post in this topic - congrats 

They look good. I would prefer the most simple smaller white one. No gradients or aqua effects. But the most important about that is that it shows the tasks. I did not found a demo that do that.

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts

Thanks. I really appreciate you opinion as a graphic designer.
Maybe I'll code demo which shows tasks later... I'm too busy with some other things now.

Moderated
  • Members
  • 124 posts
  • Last active: Aug 27 2015 04:01 PM

I'm not sure if it's a new typo or if I just noticed it now, but apparently radial menu can use us.

As the author of Radial menu, I'm reserving all my rights, but I'm temporary allowing that Radial menu can use any person that agrees on all terms in this license.